Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Gungeon is tops but a lot of the unlocks are weirdly unfun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It would be nice if there were more like the junken unlock where you get 20x odds to find him until you finish it.

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

I have seen one glitch chest in what must be a thousand hours over two platforms.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Wow, reminds me of this old post i made some time ago

HenryEx posted:

lemme lament the RNG in this game again:

120 hours in, still not gotten all bosses

And guess what my ammonomicon looks like now, a whole three years and another 180 hours of playtime later

edit: at least i scrounged up that missing S somewhere in the mean time

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jun 6, 2019

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

quidditch it and quit it posted:

I have seen one glitch chest in what must be a thousand hours over two platforms.

never seen a glitch chest, never seen a wild rainbow chest. i also have nothing else left to do or accomplish in the game

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Snazzy Frocks posted:

never seen a glitch chest, never seen a wild rainbow chest. i also have nothing else left to do or accomplish in the game

I’ve seen two rainbow chests ever (other than rainbow runs which aren’t even really rainbow chests). I’ve been playing the game fairly regularly since launch on PS4 and Switch.

The one thing I have left to do on the PS4 is to get the High Dragunfire from the room that spawns on the left or right sides of floor 2, I think? Ironically I bumped into that on the Switch version fairly early.

For all they say the mechanics are working as intended, I think maybe some of them are a little too stingy. Much like when they’d hosed up the ammo box drop chance mechanic.

Edit: criticism aside, it’s fun enough re-rolling the Paradox to get something interesting or just powering through as the Gunslinger. I’ve definitely got my money’s worth out of this and I’d buy their next game on a pre-order, happily.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

HenryEx posted:

Wow, reminds me of this old post i made some time ago

And guess what my ammonomicon looks like now, a whole three years and another 180 hours of playtime later

edit: at least i scrounged up that missing S somewhere in the mean time

Is that Doorlord? I saw that thing once, on one of my first runs. At the time I was aware of chest mimics, but didn't realize there were wall mimics, let alone a boss door mimic.

I died of course, awesome to hear I'll probably never get another shot.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

Door Lord Spoiler: Just beat boss rush mode.

Also it's the only real way to get good at the fight.

I've seen 3 glitch and 3 rainbows in my 600ish hours. 1 cormorant.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
0 cormorant, 2 glitch (one in rainbow mode rofl), 1 rainbow (I shot it open and got no junk)

Glad to know it's not just me.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Zero, zero, zero. :suicide:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
cormorant being collecting all the gunknight pieces? ive never come close

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Snazzy Frocks posted:

cormorant being collecting all the gunknight pieces? ive never come close
I had two once... in a rainbow run where I opened on clone and then didn't need anything else by the first rat's lair so I was able to take them over literally everything

I don't know why it exists when it's so incomprehensibly rare

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
What's really sad is that I've gotten the glitch chest about maybe 6-7 times. Only once did I beat the double glitch Beholsters. And then I died to the mimic pedestals after. :suicide:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

TopHatGenius posted:

What's really sad is that I've gotten the glitch chest about maybe 6-7 times. Only once did I beat the double glitch Beholsters. And then I died to the mimic pedestals after. :suicide:

Oh man the mimic swarm was more fun than the double beholsters. I was taking hits left and right, scrambling for the hearts which of course got knocked everywhere by the explosions.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

My 3rd rainbow was a brown chest in a secret room, so always do all secrets. I also always run every floor, so always do everything.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Got the ammo and armor synthesizers to keep going, the big shotgun for general killing, the time slowdown bell, and the Yari Launcher.

Old King -- old news
Resourceful Rat -- caught in a trap
High Dragun -- laid low

My only achievements left to get are Challenge, Tonic, and minecart. Only 4 guns and 9 items left to unlock (and 4 of those are the rat chests, I botched the boxing and chose to get the egg with my one key).

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

am i good yet

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
only if you actually finished the lich with that derringer

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

HenryEx posted:

only if you actually finished the lich with that derringer

it was either that or the bees

you dont gently caress with dr bees

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Finally beat the Dragun. Felt slightly anticlimactic as this was the first tine I’d got the black hole gun and it trivialised every boss fight. Also had some crazy gun synergies running as well. Also Molotov launcher did some serious work clearing rooms.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Honestly the Dragun is one of the easier boss fights imo

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

precision posted:

Honestly the Dragun is one of the easier boss fights imo

Scary as heck the first time, but you get a lot of chances to practice him and his attacks don't really complicate each other.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Beat the Dragun, unlocked Turbo mode and thought I’d try it expecting to die immediately. I ended up whittling the Dragun down to one hit off death (and would have killed it if I remembered to reload my gun between bullet waves), then rolled off the ledge on the last wave of bullets :argh:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Dugong posted:

Beat the Dragun, unlocked Turbo mode and thought I’d try it expecting to die immediately. I ended up whittling the Dragun down to one hit off death (and would have killed it if I remembered to reload my gun between bullet waves), then rolled off the ledge on the last wave of bullets :argh:

Ugh, that sucks.
I get runs where there only damage I take is from is mis-judging dodges that land me in pits.
It's embarrassing.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Yeah turbo felt strangely easier than normal mode. Is player speed increased more than enemies and bullets? The dodge roll felt as if it covered a quarter of the screen

It probably also helped that I got gundromeda strain.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I do think turbo is harder, but I believe you are correct that the player is buffed more than the enemies are.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Sometimes... sometimes Robot is good.

Clone run with three gunknight pieces (sadly don't have the fourth unlocked yet), the see inside chest synergy and a shelleton key.

Apparently you can fit one more armor on there, but I forgot to take a screenshot after killing the Dragun and this was a past run.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
The biggest injustice in this game is they give you one key on the first floor and two chests, one brown and one black. But what they don't give you is a button to turn the gun the gently caress around and fire it into your own stupid face.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Motherfucker posted:

The biggest injustice in this game is they give you one key on the first floor and two chests, one brown and one black. But what they don't give you is a button to turn the gun the gently caress around and fire it into your own stupid face.

You only get that option after beating the game :v:

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
Well, just had the power run to end all power runs.

Started with a 7 leaf clover in the first chest. Quickly ended up with Shelleton Key, Liches eye bullets, explosive bullets, blank rounds, platinum bullets, a Relodestone, Shovel, and the Raiden Coil. I was IMMORTAL. And then, just to finish off the lunacy, a Yari Launcher. Ended up with a lament, pushed myself up to ridiculous curse, got the rat transform, destroyed a cursed Advanced Dragun (and Master Round for that). Damage shrine on floor 4, Junk shrine on floor 5 as well, so got about 10 armour from all the crap the shovel gave out. Lich lasted maybe 15 seconds per stage.

Now THAT is a swansong.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

I finally played enough to unlock the finished gun and that thing is just kind of boringly overpowered. It's probably the strongest weapon in the game that doesn't ignore boss dps caps, but it still spawns in brown chests like the unfinished gun did. Giving it 5 curse is probably a net benefit since it'll make more ammo drop meaning you can just equip it and literally never stop for the rest of the run.

Einwand fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jul 10, 2019

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
Someday I'm going to kill Robot's past. And without a clone! Yeah, that'll be any day now...

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/dodgerollgames/status/1171781858675310592?s=21

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

oh good the intro music is largely unchanged

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
lol they changed the theme song.

Also I don't see anyway this would be possible to be played on a touch screen. I know that with the latest AppleTV update they support bluetooth controllers, but for a service that's mainly being targeted at iPhone users it seems a bit strange.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Side scroller huh

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

This could be fun.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Side scroller huh

Link's Awakening and the LttP-inspired Gungeon: two great tastes that go great together

here's hoping they make an even more weird gaiden like Majora's Mask in 2021

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Oh hell yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It's a timed exclusive for apple products, then after a period it will release for other platforms. So i'll just forget it exists for six months or so i guess.