Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Wasn't sure if this game would be decent or not, but I love me some shooters, so I waited it out. Everybody here seemed to be liking it and the reviews were great on Steam, so I picked it up.

My only regret is that I only had enough time to get through the tutorial before I had to go to work. :saddowns: I see most people who mention a control type are playing with a controller. Is that appreciably better than keyboard and mouse? I've got a 360 controller I use, but I didn't seem to have any problems with the keyboard controls while doing the tutorial. I wouldn't mind being able to rebind some of my buttons to use side mouse buttons (like for Blanks), but I may have just overlooked the option in the 5 minutes I had to play. Definitely seems fun, though. I can't wait to get to play it more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

IronicDongz posted:

After trying it for a little bit I think playing on controller is mildly worse because you can't aim as finely. Not hugely, but noticeably.

That's the one thing I was concerned about. The game still felt plenty fluid with a keyboard, and right click as your dive roll isn't really cumbersome or anything. I'll just stick with KB/M then. Thanks guys.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

The first boss being an MGS1 shoutout was a pretty cool thing to see at the start. He even dies the same way. :allears: This game is going to be good.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

To whoever asked if there was a way to disable the both sticks being Blank binding for controllers, there is. Under options, set "Additional Blank Binding" to None.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

breaks posted:

I agree, Convict seems pretty gimpy but the other three are all pretty usable. Pilot has the worst weapon but the best ability, Marine is the best for fighting, and Hunter is kind of in between.

I've actually been enjoying Convict and Marine the most. Sure, the molotov is kinda poo poo most of the time, but occasionally useful. The shotgun is pretty nice until you replace it with something better and it's not like it's hard to get close-ish to the early enemies anyway. Shoot them in the face, problem solved!

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I've literally never had the Pilot's lockpick work. Granted, that's out of a small sample size (maybe 12-15 times), but it's definitely made it so I no longer play him. It may be part of why I'm fine with the convict, at least you know what you're getting up front.

gently caress the Pilot.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Lakbay posted:

Speaking of RNG, I don't use the hunter anymore because her dog literally never finds anything for me until I'm 30~40 rooms into the game.

I didn't even know the dog did anything. The description just says it grabs loot from rooms, I figured it meant a stronger loot vacuum once enemies died or something. I guess I just have horrible luck with the RNG based characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

DolphinCop posted:

people who like this game should check out Cryptark. its a procedurally generated derelict spaceship delousing simulator

technically in early access, but it's effectively fully featured already, with a full campaign mode and a pure roguelike mode for people who prefer that

Hadn't heard of this game. I've added it to my watch list, as it looks neat. Have you played it yourself? If so, any opinions on it or stuff that bugs you?