Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

nice non sequitur???? ios is v bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

mishaq posted:

there are some parts of the world where tap water is good

Baltimore, Maryland has some of the best tap water in the united states and the Baltimore Orioles will win the World Series

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Satellit3 posted:

nice non sequitur???? ios is v bad

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
my terrible workflow is linux

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

maniacdevnull posted:

Baltimore, Maryland has some of the best tap water in the united states and the Baltimore Orioles will win the World Series

dc area water is gross because it's potomac river water but i drink it anyway because it comes from the sink

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

still a better workflow than many others.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

my TV tuner doesn't work in windows (BSOD) so I have an Ubuntu VM to use it

also I have a TV tuner

---------

at work the build servers are so slow and useless that builds just randomly fail and the nice build lights go red
the solution it to login to CruiseControl webUI and press the "face build" butan a few times until it goes green

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
We need your team to devise a new contingency workflow. We have allocated you a budget of $0 for this project.

e: and also no overtime for your team.

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
Your team is now taking over the work of these people we just fired....no you will not get more FTE's, just find a way to do more with less using ~~computers~~...don't worry, as you build in automation to cope with this, your job is totally safe.

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
I'm the guy who builds dead man's switches into all of my automation processes

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

its like that dude on reddit or whatever who got fired for not doing any work for 6 years because he scripted his entire job

hopefully he kept that poo poo on a flash drive and took it home or something so they wouldn't still have access to it

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
i really hate not having my own office but I gotta admit that cube farms definitely eliminate poo poo like 'harry automated his whole job so we've been paying him to play wow for 7 years"

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Corla Plankun posted:

i really hate not having my own office but I gotta admit that cube farms definitely eliminate poo poo like 'harry automated his whole job so we've been paying him to play wow for 7 years"

"oh man, all these years i just thought harry had a lot of meetings all the time since he is never at his desk"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Wheany posted:

"oh man, all these years i just thought harry had a lot of meetings all the time since he is never at his desk"

corporate conferencing systems are v good for voice with your game teammates

• Locked thread