Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who wins next year?
This poll is closed.
NJIT 6 7.32%
Northwestern 9 10.98%
Pitbull 6 7.32%
Duke/Satan 11 13.41%
A blue blood 11 13.41%
"Leadership and academics" 11 13.41%
UCI loving Anteaters 10 12.20%
Connecticut Women Basketball in the Mens 18 21.95%
Total: 52 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Dunleavy Sr. has been confirmed for Tulane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/GaryParrishCBS/status/718452748270903298

Someone else also mentioned this:

https://twitter.com/kmattio/status/718453360567926789

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Yeah, I read some of that earlier and just... drat. I wasn't saying he didn't deserve it or anything. Basically just acted as a news aggregate for something I thought would have gotten discussed a bit. I probably should have included more information for others to use as a jumping-off point, though.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Omer must be a common Turkish first name.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

kiimo posted:

Yeah I'm interested to hear what in this story is not exactly like Kanter.

Are the kid and his parents embroiled in political turmoil? http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/enes-kanter-says-he-was-left-off-turkey-s-national-team-for-his-politics-012559007.html

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Bird in a Blender posted:

Oh I didn't even realize he got into games. I'm used to cyclones just playing summer leave and then heading back to Europe. drat shame either way.

Pels fans were pretty excited about him since it seemed he could be a solid backup.

I don't have anything to say about his death other than everything about it sucks and better decisions could have been made by everyone.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

kiimo posted:

He thought he was kicking in his ex-girlfriend's door and the dude who lived there shot him. So I guess you can say that bad decisions were made by him but I don't know who else made a bad decision.

The resident claimed that there was no response when he asked who was there. Some media outlet reported video footage had proof that BDJ was shouting his girlfriend's name. I also have no idea what type of weapon was used or where he was shot.

I am not saying the person whose home was broken into was wrong for what he did.

The whole thing makes me upset and I am most mad at Jones because I thought (hoped) he had grown past that.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

kiimo posted:

To be absolutely clear I hate guns and am not one of those 'protect your castle' people hollering about gun rights. I just saw a lot of people defending him online and I'm thinking uh, he's kicking down a door he thought was his ex-girlfriend's. Nothing good was going to come of that if he even found the right place.

Completely agreed.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Arise, thread. Arise!

----

https://twitter.com/BDawsonWrites/status/742448162191736836

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Henchman of Santa posted:

Pat Summitt has been moved to hospice care.

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Henchman of Santa posted:

God, I didn't realize she was only 64. Alzheimer's is terrifying.

It is. Saw my pawpaw go through it. My Mom visited him every morning to bathe and feed him while my aunt went in the afternoon to do much of the same. He kept thinking my mom was his mom and that my aunt was his wife (that he forgot was deceased). Iirc, one of his grandchildren was confused for his sister.

I hope the rest of the Summit family can finally get some piece of mind and remember the good times after their mourning from her passing.

• Locked thread