Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who wins next year?
This poll is closed.
NJIT 6 7.32%
Northwestern 9 10.98%
Pitbull 6 7.32%
Duke/Satan 11 13.41%
A blue blood 11 13.41%
"Leadership and academics" 11 13.41%
UCI loving Anteaters 10 12.20%
Connecticut Women Basketball in the Mens 18 21.95%
Total: 52 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Alternative title: "GAME MODE - Bullshit Threes: 'On'"

https://twitter.com/BballProblemz/status/717407177518940160

https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/status/717193049454092288

Holy poo poo.

Anyway, here's something to laugh at in a year from now: http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2016/4/5/11362474/2016-2017-college-basketball-early-ranking-top-25-villanova-kentucky-duke

Pretty much the only recruits in the Top 20 not signed with Duke a team yet are Josh Jackson and Terrance Ferguson, so there's the drama. I don't think anyone knows who's taking over at Tulane/Valparaiso/Georgia Tech yet. And tonight Connecticut wins yet another women's basketball title.

Discuss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

There's no women's college ball thread on the first page, and I'm not going to look for it. Geno Auriemma can suck my rear end hole. gently caress you Geno Auriemma, gently caress you all the way to hell you piece of poo poo

This guy gets it.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

A Huffington Post article the other day tried to make Geno and UConn out as martyrs because no one was saying Villanova's forty-point win was ruining the men's game and :psyboom:

Blogospheres are the absolute worst about sports.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

That's one hell of a weird photo filter.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Pretty sure Diallo got not enough playing time because he got hosed by the NCAA and by the time he was reinstated, KU was in conference games and didn't have a lot of time to develop him in-game without risking a critical loss. Painting it just as him being raw seems a bit unfair. Also, what the gently caress is RR?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

elentar posted:

Weirdness today in Raleigh: NC State assistant Bobby Lutz seemed on the verge of joining Pastner's staff at Georgia Tech, which would make some sense as Lutz is a good X-and-O guy and Pastner is...not.

But right after that story circulated there was another one saying that Lutz was moving on from the basketball team, but only because he'd been kicked up into administration, where he will now serve as NC State's "Special Assistant to the Deputy Athletic Director for External Operations."

Anyway, looks like State might now try to hire Florida Gulf Coast coach Joe Dooley to be the new main assistant and possible future replacement if Gottfried does well enough to move on to something else. I dunno, whatever. Kinda funny to gently caress over Pastner on like day 1 of his ACC tenure though.

That sounds like serious bullshit since Dooley was already a KU assistant and FGCU got into the tournament last year. Why take anything short of a HC job?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Jackson probably would've done better at Sparty, but I'm happy the Jayhawks have him.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

Houston Astros beat writer is insanely salty about Memphis wanting to get into the Big XII. This whole thread is quite a treat

https://twitter.com/brianmctaggart/status/728087006832533504

calipari did

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

That place's parking lot sucked so loving bad when the Grizzs played there. That's where I got to see Earl Watson nearly go after someone in the stands for calling him a pussy.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Ross Angeles posted:

I still don't know how we beat that Kansas team with Wiggins and Embiid at Kansas and it's been like three years

That team overall was kind of bad at shooting. Last year is one of the few years where I've seen Kansas have even a halfway dependable jumper.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Also, I don't really remember Oubre being that underwhelming.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Mizzou, unbeknownst to them, had a deal with the devil wherein they would be relentlessly destroyed by Kansas in basketball in exchange for being halfway respectable as a program. And then the SEC came calling.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I hate Tom Izzo because he's a giant dick, but I'm also aware that if he hadn't beaten Michigan like 5000 times I would find him being a giant dick hilarious instead of hating him

Look into your heart and I bet you'll find the same

No, Frank Martin is cool. Frank Haith is a hilarious train wreck, but I don't hate him. Calipari is kinda slimy, but is loyal as hell to his players, and I can totally get why a kid would want to go learn under him, and he has my respect for that.

Meanwhile, I actively believe Gregg Marshall eats children.

Matey posted:

the kc suburbs are like, the worst part of kansas, though

Overland Park kids are kind of the worst, but it's still technically civilization.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Bumping for burgeoning relevancy soon, but DeAndre Ayton picked Arizona over Kentucky and Kansas, so that's gotta be a feather in Sean Miller's cap.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Your daily dose of, "Bobby Knight is a piece of poo poo."

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Mitch McGary.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

Mitch McGary honestly wasn't very Dukeish besides being white imo

Well, and that I hate him, but you're right.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Mike_V posted:

RIGGED polls keeping Missouri out of the top 25.

November N/V thread title found.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I'll post an N/V thread tonight, don't see the point of having a month one for only half when the season starts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Bloop.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3796414

• Locked thread