Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who wins next year?
This poll is closed.
NJIT 6 7.32%
Northwestern 9 10.98%
Pitbull 6 7.32%
Duke/Satan 11 13.41%
A blue blood 11 13.41%
"Leadership and academics" 11 13.41%
UCI loving Anteaters 10 12.20%
Connecticut Women Basketball in the Mens 18 21.95%
Total: 52 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
That was my second favorite UNC loss ever right behind this classic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asCHZeFl33k

While the stakes were lower losing to Austin Rivers is about 100 times more embarrassing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

vikingstrike posted:

I already miss college basketball, drat it.

How was last night's loss embarrassing? Embarrassing is getting beaten by 40 points in the Final Four, not losing on one of the most memorable shots in tournament history.

This loss wasn't embarrassing. I'm saying losing to Austin Rivers is embarrassing, thus that loss is demonstrably worse on my arbitrary scale of "Worst UNC losses of all time".

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Has any other athletic scandal ever caused an entire academic department to be shut down and restarted?

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Henchman of Santa posted:

NCAA Basketball Offseason: The Carolina Way will only be strengthened by this ordeal

Appropriate that google thinks it's sci fi

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
NCAA just moved all championship events from North Carolina because of HB2 so yay!

It also means no more home games in the tourney for UNC and Duke in Greensboro

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

C. Everett Koop posted:

Wonder how much pressure there is on the ACC to move their major events of out North Carolina. The ACC title game is at the Panthers stadium in Charlotte, it may be too late to move that for this year, but if they'll move the ACC tournament out of Greensboro is the real big question.

http://www.barclayscenter.com/events/detail/acc-mens-basketball-tournament

And let me tell you as a new york city resident I am very excited

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

MourningView posted:

I think you have to actually have a chance to play basketball for Duke before you can be a Duke player

Kyrie Irving being an edge case

• Locked thread