Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
anyone seen this. its a cool bullet hell isaac/nuclear throne type game that just came out today and well, it loving rules. peep some footy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFTdVx7KGKQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I was talking about this with my friend the other night. It looks good. Do you have it for PC or PS4?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
PC. IT plays very good kb&m but I'm going to try a controller with it at some point

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This looks awesome lol.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

the MGS1 ref had me doing the Epic Nod.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Its good. Structured like Isaac but combat plays closer to Nuclear Throne ...

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
that does look fun. i got 1 million games to play ATM already though.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Annmmnnd purchased :D

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

I was v excited for this and preordered it but can't get into it at all and the guns and shooting and reloading all feel very boring :(

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This looks cool OP.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Some seriously clever guns in this game, which is good because if the guns were boring I think it would sink the whole thing. Scrambler is my favorite so far

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
Looks Like poo poo, OP.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

The item that gives you the Gears of War active reload function is good. As are cigarettes

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this looks really good OP and ive been following it, but theres too many games and ds3's out in a week. maybe after i burn out on that ill pick this up tbh

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LtvNgEsbhw

This first floor boss (they're random a la isaac) shows off the bullet hell stuff a little more than the one in the OP

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Is this game as funny as Undertale? This is important.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

it has a fun art style and lots of silly guns

some of them are MEMES though and this makes nerds rly RLY angry tho so be careful

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I don't really like that it seems like the only way to get more max health is to beat bosses without getting hit, which seems like the only way to get more health is to prove you don't need it? Unless I'm missing another way

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I legitimately misread the OP as Enter the Gungan and now I'm imagining a martial arts game with Jar-Jar Binks

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Harrow posted:

I don't really like that it seems like the only way to get more max health is to beat bosses without getting hit, which seems like the only way to get more health is to prove you don't need it? Unless I'm missing another way

Theres a small number of heart container passive items around but honestly health is a crutch in this game and you should be aiming for not getting hit regardless.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Trick question, NO game is as funny as Undertale.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Infinity Gaia posted:

Theres a small number of heart container passive items around but honestly health is a crutch in this game and you should be aiming for not getting hit regardless.

So I should look at it like--if you beat a boss without getting hit, you've earned yourself a little leeway later? That makes more sense

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Harrow posted:

So I should look at it like--if you beat a boss without getting hit, you've earned yourself a little leeway later? That makes more sense

Yeah. I'm pretty sure shields breaking don't count as "getting hit" too so it couldn't hurt to buy one before a boss fight

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

I legitimately misread the OP as Enter the Gungan and now I'm imagining a martial arts game with Jar-Jar Binks

lol

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

This game is ok so far. Too many of the weapons feel really weak compared to your starting loadouts though.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

goferchan posted:

Yeah. I'm pretty sure shields breaking don't count as "getting hit" too so it couldn't hurt to buy one before a boss fight

It does count.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It does count.

Wow I got the max HP upgrade for a perfect boss fight my very first time playing the game and I assumed I must have taken a hit to my armor because now I can't even pull it off like half the time lol

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Bobnumerotres posted:

this looks really good OP and ive been following it, but theres too many games and ds3's out in a week. maybe after i burn out on that ill pick this up tbh

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Enter the gungeon is good.
The only thing I would change would be to let you shoot the little ghosts and stuff in the pause menu, just for fun.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Bump. this game fuckin rules and I think I like it more than nuclear throne. Isaac is only a little bit better.

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

rediscover posted:

Bump. this game fuckin rules and I think I like it more than nuclear throne. Isaac is only a little bit better.

does it have a lot of unlockables like Issac? Like u unlock characters weapons

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Probably gonna download this on PS4 later tonight.

Unless for some reason the Steam version is better? idk really...

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Proud Rat Mom posted:

does it have a lot of unlockables like Issac? Like u unlock characters weapons

Like 150 weapons/items and a couple characters

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds
doing it

died againt blob boss in sewer level

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I like this better than Isaac

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
more like enter the bungeon because this game is a gay load of assfuck rofl

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bill Barber posted:

Probably gonna download this on PS4 later tonight.

Unless for some reason the Steam version is better? idk really...

idk about this game but similar games on console sometimes have issues with framerate drops and crashes. so i would look around?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I think about Enter the Gungan every day.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

i saw this the other day and it looks cool as poo poo. gotta pick it up sometime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i bought this game and i really like it

• Locked thread