Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

you can hold down on the d-pad to drop an unwanted weapon/item, if you run into that frog/toad dude you can use this to sell him stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Binding of Isaac is one of my favorite games of the past 5 years, but I didn't like Nuclear Throne at all. Would I like this game??

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Binding of Isaac is one of my favorite games of the past 5 years, but I didn't like Nuclear Throne at all. Would I like this game??

It's pretty good and I love Isaac and am Meh on NT

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

It's more Binding of Isaac than Nuclear Throne. More of a Binding of Isaac with guns and free aiming.

qnqnx fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Apr 9, 2016

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Oppan Gungeon Style

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i havent played NT but i love isaac and this game is fun as hell

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

idk about this game but similar games on console sometimes have issues with framerate drops and crashes. so i would look around?

I've gotten some slowdown but I think it's a weird memory leak thing that happens when you leave the game running for like 24+ hours. I restarted and it's back to being totally smooth again

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

this has no online co-op, right?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bolverkur posted:

this has no online co-op, right?

no online. i imagine that would be a nightmare with how specific the hitboxes and iframes need to be lol so no loss

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

found a gun that is just a beehive that you shake to summon homing bees

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

no online. i imagine that would be a nightmare with how specific the hitboxes and iframes need to be lol so no loss

Didn't stop the souls series lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I haven't played this either but I just want to say I'm in the same boat. I couldn't t get into NT at all

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

in many ways it feels like a more fully realized binding of isaac

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

it's way more like Isaac than nuclear throne and also a lot better than nuclear throne. it scratches the exact same itch Isaac does but in a more, idk, kinetic way? it feels good to play

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the game is way harder than binding of isaac though. you save your good guns for nasty rooms and bosses but its generally expected that you can get through big chunks of the game with your starting weapon and not get hit by anything, healing is also rare and expensive

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

qnqnx posted:

It's more Binding of Isaac than Nuclear Throne. More of a Binding of Isaac with guns and free aiming.

And a non poo poo based artstyle

Bobnumerotres posted:

found a gun that is just a beehive that you shake to summon homing bees

Found a gun that is an ant and shoots pools of oil then when it reloads swaps to shooting fireballs

Guess how long it took me to blow myself up

rediscover posted:

it's way more like Isaac than nuclear throne and also a lot better than nuclear throne. it scratches the exact same itch Isaac does but in a more, idk, kinetic way? it feels good to play

I really do like it more than Isaac for that reason

This game feels like they understand i-frames and bullet hell formations and how to translate it into this kind of game really well. As an example there's that floor 1 boss who is a guy in a throne, he has that formation where he floods the screen with slow moving bullets to force you to position, then he fires a ring that you HAVE to roll over and it feels satisfying every time

Bobnumerotres posted:

the game is way harder than binding of isaac though. you save your good guns for nasty rooms and bosses but its generally expected that you can get through big chunks of the game with your starting weapon and not get hit by anything, healing is also rare and expensive

On my best runs though I had soooo many guns ammo management became a non issue. Like i had 2 different rocket launchers and a giant shotgun that shot hearts that charmed enemies and 3 other guns. Also a run where I couldn't find the seller guy in any of the shops

Healing being really rare is annoying though, sometimes you finish a boss with full health and he'll drop 2 hearts and you can't go back floors to get them or anything

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I beat the buff rear end crow on my first try, and then died because I had 1 hp lmao. This game is good.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Healing being really rare is annoying though, sometimes you finish a boss with full health and he'll drop 2 hearts and you can't go back floors to get them or anything

Keys are also really rare and you need 3 plus 120 casings at the same time for the first shortcut. Apparently it only gets worse for the later ones.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

qnqnx posted:

Keys are also really rare and you need 3 plus 120 casings at the same time for the first shortcut. Apparently it only gets worse for the later ones.

They patched in higher drop rate for keys

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

They patched in higher drop rate for keys

also patched out getting $50 guaranteed every time you sell junk to the sewer alien who buys your poo poo :flip:

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Ok I'll admit it. This game is better than Isaac.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Isaac is trash

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

its good

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I was going to say "I still need to play Nuclear Throne so I'll play this after" but it sound slike this is better... cool.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

now i can play binding of isaac except it's very pretty with better music and a tighter feel

it hasnt been out for 100 years w/ multiple expansions so it doesnt strictly have as much content but once it gets to that point, i think isaac's been dethroned tbh

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

haunted bong posted:

Oppan Gungeon Style

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i bought this for 10 dollars thanks to greenmangaming apr20 20 oercent off cocde [doens't work for dark souls 3 btw :gonk:] ,

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mysterious loyall X posted:

i bought this for 10 dollars thanks to greenmangaming apr20 20 oercent off cocde [doens't work for dark souls 3 btw :gonk:] ,

I used he other code from before and got DS3 ultimate edition for $60 :slick:

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
the apr20 code works for the standard edition but not the deluxe edition for some reason

i didn't think it worked on other games, it's cool to hear that it does

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Doctor Goat posted:

the apr20 code works for the standard edition but not the deluxe edition for some reason

i didn't think it worked on other games, it's cool to hear that it does

oh i already buought the standard edition from steam oops. well, whatever

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i died on the pigeon

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

some stuff

1. you get bonus currency for not missing any shots in a room
2. enemies that hit you have a 0% chance of dropping currency

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

also your blanks recharge to 2 on a new floor, so feel free to use them on bosses

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i really like that its hard but you get these pretty nice bonuses for not loving up

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

quad post: there is a very slight aim assist in the game, if you aim in an enemy's general direction you actually invisibly lock on to the closest enemy there. so just point the stick in the direction of harm, and keep your eyes on your character to dodge bullets

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds
from what ive heard the aim assist is controller only and also automatically switches off after a period of time when youve gotten the hang of playing

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
Just got the Trick Gun. Fully sick.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

+1 bullets are really overpowered on anything that does a bunch of fully automatic damage bursts, shotguns, automatic shotguns, and anything classified as a beam. It turns the water gun from an absolute joke into a serious contender, and any higher grade beam type into an impossible death machine.

Still managed to die to Dragun because I'm bad at games tho.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i have no concept of how to beat any floor 4 boss they just completely crush me lol this game rules though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I just wanna say again how awesome this game is.

• Locked thread