Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Generally the rule is "no posting after the hammer (the vote that lynches)" some mods are more lenient on this than others but the lynch is locked in for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

JakeP posted:

Generally the rule is "no posting after the hammer (the vote that lynches)" some mods are more lenient on this than others but the lynch is locked in for sure

Modkill suicide pact anyone..?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Token Female posted:

7. This game will not include TWILIGHT. When a player is hammered, stop posting.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah. Holy poo poo, freshmen. They're horrible but kind of hilarious.

SirSamVimes posted:

Before you go, mind giving some reasoning along with your vote? I know it can be difficult with gut reads, but if you can put thought to why you have that gut feeling, it can help.
Sorry, I didn't see this before I went! Basically, he (sorry if you're a lady Absurd) trips too much of the normality alarm. I'm clueless and I'll happily admit that, but he's playing almost too neutral in a way that could be someone who knows what they're doing, working to keep people wondering just enough that they won't take the risk of voting for him, since it might make them look like the minority scum, if that makes sense.

I just got home from teaching all day and promptly got high, so it might not, I'm sorry. It's the best I have to go on right now because I really don't know any of you from the forums too well, and my only other game of mafia was played in GBS where it didn't get quite this deep. So I'm trying to figure out the clever questions but people ask them before I do :argh:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
oh whoop sorry, I didn't hit the end of the thread before I posted :ohdear:

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
:redhammer: Final Day 3 Vote Count :redhammer:

Jimson (6): gannyGrabber, Azuth0667, flerp, JakeP, Absurd Revolver, Jimson
Absurd Revolver (3): Moatillata, Jimson, HoAssHo, flerp, Tendai
gannyGrabber (1): spiros
JakeP (1): Sir Sam Vimes, JakeP
Sir Sam Vimes (0): JakeP, Jimson, Absurd Revolver
Spiros (0): Jimson, JakeP

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
Finally the town had had enough with Jimson. For the past three days the town had nearly killed Jimson, but his time had finally come up. As the town finally circled around Jimson, and began to close in, Jimson yell, I'm not going out on your terms!."

He pulled out a dagger that was hidden on the back of his boot. He pointed it towards the crowd.

"I DECIDE WHO LIVES OR DIES!"

Jimson then took the the dagger and slice his throat and collapsed.

Jimson, Vanilla Mafia, was lynched day 3

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

The town emerged from their huts with a sense of confidence that was absent the last two mornings. They had finally killed one of the mafia members that had been plaguing the town. But when the met in the center of the town, the same sense of dread came back.

“There’s only 9 of us.”

“Azuth0667 is gone.”

The town made it’ way to hi hut, knowing what they would find inside. Azuth0667 was lying in on the floor in a pool of his own blood; a sight that was becoming too familiar. The town searched his hut to find clues.

“Hey look at his business cards. Azuth0667 M.D.”

The town returned outside to continue where they left off.

Azuth0667, Town Doctor, had his throat slit night 3

It is Day 4. With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Token Female fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Apr 13, 2016

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Oh, Azuth, I wasn't worth saving.

He really was a hero,

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

gannyGrabber posted:

Using my gannySense to call it right now.

There are 4 evil dudes. They are...

Moatatilla
HoAssHo
Jimson
Tendai

I know this because I looked at the list of names on page 1 and the pixels around these ones were slightly different, as if they are afraid of these names.

Jimson posted:

I don't trust your list because there is a vanilla town on that list.

It may very well be that Jimson was telling the truth, meaning that 2/3 of the remaining on the gannySense list are mafia.

Token Female posted:

:redhammer: Final Day 3 Vote Count :redhammer:

Jimson (6): gannyGrabber, Azuth0667, flerp, JakeP, Absurd Revolver, Jimson
Absurd Revolver (3): Moatillata, Jimson, HoAssHo, flerp, Tendai
gannyGrabber (1): spiros
JakeP (1): Sir Sam Vimes, JakeP
Sir Sam Vimes (0): JakeP, Jimson, Absurd Revolver
Spiros (0): Jimson, JakeP

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

Note that all 4 on the list had voted for Absurd Revolver yesterday

Token Female posted:

:redhammer: Final Vote Count for Day 2 :redhammer:

DeadBeat Dad (7): Moatillata, JakeP, azuth, Jimson, flerp, Tendai, DeadBeat Dad, Absurd Revolver

Moatillata (1): Azuth0667, SirSamVimes, gannyGrabber
Bowmore (1): gannyGrabber
Jimson (1): gannyGrabber, Absurd Revolver, Azuth0667, Moatillata, flerp, Spiros
Azuth0667 (0): Moatillata, Jimson, HoAssHo, Jimson, DeadBeat Dad, Absurd Revolver, gannyGrabber
Spiros (0): JakeP, HoAssHo, Tendai, Absurd Revolver
JakeP (0): DeadBeat Dad, Jimson
flerp (0): Jimson

Not Voting: Bowmore, HoAssHo, Jimson

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

All 3 of them except HoAssHo voted DbD the day before.

Token Female posted:

:redhammer: Final Vote Count for Day 1 :redhammer:
Kashuno (8): GannyGrabber, Absurd Revolver, Jimson, HoAssHo, DeadBeatDad, Jimson, Your Personal Muse, flerp, Kashuno, Tendai, Moatillata, Absurd Revolver

Tendai (1): Kashuno, Jimson, Glaucus atlanticus
GannyGrabber (1): Kashuno, Spiros, GannyGrabber
flerp (1): flerp, spiros
Jimson (0): GannyGrabber, Kashuno, JakeP, Tendai, Absurd Revolver, flerp, Moatillata
Your Personal Muse (0): Jimson, Kashuno
SirSamVimes (0): Azuth0667
DeadBeat Dad (0): Kashuno
Spiros (0): SirSamVimes

Not voting: Azuth0667, JakeP, Jimson

All 4 of them piled on Kashuno day 1.

Also on day 1, Tendai and Moatatilla voted for Jimson, but never at a time when it would really be dangerous for him.

--------

At any rate, I am confident that at least two of us are town: Myself, and Absurd Revolver. I'm strongly inclined to believe that Flerp and jakeP are town as well.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Jimson posted:

I'm PUREly in this for the wins

We need to deny this murdering bastard

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Maybe now you'll believe I'm just a dumb town with no ulterior motives.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote sir smvimes

somehow went 2.5 days of this game never mentioning Jimson. When I asked him to make an alignment call on Jimson he completely dodged the question saying:

SirSamVimes posted:

Not sure whether scummy or just new.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote sirsamvimes

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

JakeP posted:

##vote sirsamvimes

Yeah, Jimson being scum opens up a lot of good reads, this being one of them.

##vote: SirSamVines

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
SSV is too enigmatic to really call an alignmrnt on. Should really stick to the clues we get from Jimson's votes and what he said and did, as that is less subjective evidence.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

gannyGrabber posted:

SSV is too enigmatic to really call an alignmrnt on. Should really stick to the clues we get from Jimson's votes and what he said and did, as that is less subjective evidence.

i think SSV's "enigmatic" post history this game is one of the things that makes him scum. He has for the most part avoided making any alignment calls all game, until I called him out and he called me scum (hmm what other player this game has done this I wonder?)

Which of the players on your list is your gannySense telling you is the most likely to be scum?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I'd lynch them in this order...

Tendai
Moatatilla
HoAssHo

It's notable that Tendai has always piled onto the lynch target near the end, except when it came to Jimson.

We should withhold voting for a few hours until everyone has had a chance to play.

Note that it takes 5 to lynch, so having 2 votes on SSV puts them in immediate danger of the mafia piling on and killing them. With 9 alive, i suspect we have 6 vanilla town versus 1 godfather and 2 mafia goons.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Ganny you wound me. Also gj yesterday gents, I get back from work to see you have rooted out some vanilla scum. I would have said Tendai next but I'll give my vote to enact change.

##vote: SirSamVimes

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

gannyGrabber posted:

Is that not suspicious in and of itself at this late-ish point in the game? Am I just paranoid in that regard? "Too enigmatic/un suspicious" strikes just as many warning bells for me as someone with a clear agenda, if not more.

I'm at work so I'll read posts and do more :effort: when I get home tonight.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
##unvote

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Tendai posted:

I'm at work so I'll read posts and do more :effort: when I get home tonight.

lol if you don't do the bulk of your mafia playing while on the clock

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Please unvote SSV for the next few hours, guys.

I can't stress enough that if we lynch town today, tomorrow is almost certainly a miss and lose scenario.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
##unvote

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
So, because I was confused about one of the rules (I was really hung over and my brain wasn't working right) and posted in defense of a dude who turned out to be mafia, I figured I'd wake up to see I was already close to getting lynched.

I was gonna say go ahead. I’m not even sure I feel like defending myself at this point because apparently I’m playing a game where people are crazy enough to do things like fabricate and photograph fake handwritten notes and every strong feeling I have turns out be wrong.

I wonder if my bulletproof ability has been used yet or if they're keeping me around because I'm helpful to the scum cause by inadvertently defending them all the time.

I'm gonna vote SSV but I'll hold off on making it official.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

HoAssHo posted:

So, because I was confused about one of the rules (I was really hung over and my brain wasn't working right) and posted in defense of a dude who turned out to be mafia, I figured I'd wake up to see I was already close to getting lynched.

I was gonna say go ahead. I’m not even sure I feel like defending myself at this point because apparently I’m playing a game where people are crazy enough to do things like fabricate and photograph fake handwritten notes and every strong feeling I have turns out be wrong.

I wonder if my bulletproof ability has been used yet or if they're keeping me around because I'm helpful to the scum cause by inadvertently defending them all the time.

This. A thousand times.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

HoAssHo posted:

It's okay, I'm brand new and most of my votes have resulted in dead townies!

But the whole note thing was a pretty neat move. It worked, until we just got tired of Jimson.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
You guys have a choice for the deadline:

A) 10 pm EDT (7 pm PDT) on Friday (34 hours from now).
B) 4 pm EDT (1 pm PDT) on Saturday (52 hours from now.)

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Token Female posted:

Pref Friday here, i can't guarentee i will be around saturday afternoon

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
A.

I like the fast pacing.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

I vote A because there aren't that many of us left and it shouldn't take as long to come to a consensus. I mean, it looks like we're pretty close as it is.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Absurd Revolver posted:

It's okay, I'm brand new and most of my votes have resulted in dead townies!

But the whole note thing was a pretty neat move. It worked, until we just got tired of Jimson.

I'm new too but I was spending all this time thinking and posting, taking tons of notes, trying to reason stuff out and it turns out it was all pointless.

I was right about one thing though - Azuth.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Don't lose hope, town bros! We finally have a dead baddie and a direction to go in. Follow the evidence and trust your intuition: it's when you overthink it that you let jimsonesques get the best of you.

HoAssHo posted:

I'm new too but I was spending all this time thinking and posting, taking tons of notes, trying to reason stuff out and it turns out it was all pointless.

I was right about one thing though - Azuth.

The way I look at it is up until you end up with a dead bad guy, everything is just guesswork. I wouldn't feel too badly about wrong picks in that timeframe. Now that jimson is dead, though...

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'd vote for Vimes, JakeP, or Tendai. I want to leave HAH and Dirt lord alone. I'd be okay voting fanny too ofc

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

##vote JakeP

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Token Female posted:

When I wrote this I thought it was Thursday. I'm losing my mind.

Deadline is 10 pm EDT (7pm PDT) on Friday

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I remember there being a tie between Jake and Jimbob but I'll have to find it again h/o, lemme get onto my compy

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
this should be good :munch:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Jimson posted:

When did I speak ill of Jakep? I VERY strongly feel Jakep for town this game. Especially because JakeP was one of the few people backing me up on my case against Kash without just saying "LOL SHIP 'EM HOME BANDWAGON TIME!"

Jimson posted:

This is why I am feeling Jakep for scum.

On two seperate instances he came in and "joke" agreed with my case on Kashuno.

(In response to me questioning Kash about who else he was going to throw a scum accusation to)
I know I just got done saying Jakep is probs town, but I am kinda floundering here because I am having a hard time getting a good read. I don't wanna jump in and be to critical of any of the new players, but also don't want to completely discount there posting either.

He does this huge turnaround on JakeP midway thru d2 but his rationality sucks and he never really pushes Jake, only puts votes on him. Like, the dude has 5 pages of posts so you guys can read em if you like but I get the feeling it's distancing (that's where you create a degree of separation between you and your scum mate so when one flips it's thought to be unlikely you're together) since his conversations with Jake in thread don't read to me like people actually interested in what the other is saying.

Jimson posted:

JakeP posted:

hes like trying to bully my vote off him by calling me dumb or something

I mean, look at this malarkey. He's very schizophrenic with Jake and his last vote was even on Jake but at no time did he ever try to convince people for real that Jake was scum. If Jake flips scum (and I'm confident he will), we'll be able to sleepwalk our way through the rest of this game.

• Locked thread