Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
The game that just finished in GBS was my first game so this is right up my alley, I'm in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

HoAssHo posted:

Oh good! Ladychat represent.
Yeah gonna just rub estrogen all over this game.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Sweet, I've moved up from illiterate dirt farmer to...

Wait what time period are we in

I'm gonna be one of those people who stands outside of businesses dressed in giant foam costumes holding a sign that they spin around, that seems equivalent.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

This sounds fake.
Excuse me, check the GBS mafia thread, I take my role very seriously :mad: Gotta stay in character

Yo you want to buy a pay as you go cell phone, buddy?

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Rude :saddowns:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

pls don't harass me anymore I feel violated.
I was just trying to cut you a deal on a cell phone and/or dodgy tax preparation, sorry man.

Trying to kill me for it seems a bit severe though, I feel some suspicion towards you now.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Deadline A is my vote.

Why is everyone voting for me :( I can give you rear end too. Amazing rear end!

Just look at this little guy :kimchi:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Azuth0667 posted:

"I'm happy you asked! At this fine bakery we only use the freshest ingredients that do not cause cancer and a lot of weed."
Hmmm I'm interested keep talking

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jimson posted:

My mom used to call it pussy pie, what with it lookin' like she shoved a whole cat in that pie. She used to come screamin' into my room. "Jimson, you get downstairs right now and eat my pussy pie, ya hear?" Oh, to be young again.
Did she die in a tragic caulking and floating incident? :ohdear:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jimson posted:

I feel like Tendai is scum, and if we turbo him it will result in a flip that will save town for the rest of the game, but on the other side, I like his avatar. Whats a man to do.
And next you'll say "we have to be random guys!" to try to save yourself :mad:

##vote Jimson

Aw man look at that dog :3:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Jimson seems like maybe an okay guy.

##unvote Jimson

Kashuno, on the other hand...

##vote Kashuno

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Azuth0667 posted:

I think this stuff got posted to the wrong thread.
Good I was trying to figure out who the gently caress podima was and how I missed them

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Azuth0667 posted:

Can we count on you for the crusade?
Will there be snacks?

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Absurd Revolver posted:

And I love poo poo, it's what I do, it's like my whole life.
We're goons, we all love poo poo :v:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Moatillata posted:

I don't have time to explain currently for reasons outside of this towns control. Rest assured I'll make my reasons known. Let's just avoid a slap fight for now.

:cheers:
I don't know, I want to know reasons.

I can't tell if Flerp is being funnily clueless or is assuming we'll all think that way and is really scum.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So has anyone not posted at all?

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

HoAssHo posted:

I truly do not understand how this game is played.
Oh good I'm not the only one

I feel like everyone else has deep insights and I'm sitting here going "man I like that avatar :downs:"

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I feel like of the top, Moatillata has been slightly more suspicious than Jimson and trying to be all mysterious. I don't know if that's because they're scum or because they're just playing a game or if they're doing both. Jimson just seemed like he got mad and then calmed down and explained.

That is my cutting-edge analysis, now I'll just go back to making snap judgements based on avatars.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This is not helping your case vis a vis my snap judgements of the first thing that catches my eye, buddy :mad:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Azuth0667 posted:

And promised a big mega read post but, never delivered.
Yeah, this is also disappointing me. For example (emphasis mine)

Spiros posted:

Azuth, you've been around enough to see what's going down. Who do you suspect the most and why?

In return, I will explain my strongest scum read.

##vote Spiros

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
##unvote Spiros while I catch up on this thread

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

HoAssHo posted:

To be fair they may not be losers who had nothing better to do on a Saturday afternoon than obsessively post in TG.
True in my case, I had to drive down a mountain and then when I got back I took a nap on the couch with the cat.

Holy poo poo this thread :catstare:

Based on what I'm reading and his apparent mini-meltdown I'm voting as follows:

##vote Deadbeat Dad

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

gannyGrabber posted:

Haha i love how the SK is trying to point at me by killing the new guy who i snap-voted (as i have always done). gently caress you, bad guy.
I honestly can't tell whether this is real or whether you're trying to play some "deflect suspicion by creating suspicion" game, but it strikes me weird.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Absurd Revolver posted:

My business is dirt.

And business is booming.
...yeah I bet corpses are good for worms and dirt.

Good enough to kill for?!

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Spiros posted:

Hello thread, please stop killing yourselves. Both of our vts did one of the shittiest things you can do in mafia - vote for yourself - and I very strongly dislike both people who did that as a result.
I agree with this. That's boring.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Moatillata posted:

Even the dogs are trying to get the gently caress out.
It gets worse man, even the parakeets are leaving

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm still waiting for these big fancy moves Spiros seems to always say are coming

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Spiros posted:

This is Tendai's last post and it's way after I had come into the thread before and made a number of productive posts. He hasn't looked for scum at all and guys, I'm telling you, people who don't even appear to be trying to figure out who the scum are usually have no interest in finding them because they are scum.
I had to work, sorry :saddowns:

This is my second mafia game and I'm still figuring poo poo out. As soon as I think someone is mafia we lynch them and they're not, the reasoning goes every goddamn way and people keep saying things that make sense.

My gut, at this point, tells me that there's something weird about you, SSV and possibly Jimson but tbh all of you seem like more experienced players at this game than I am so I'm not sure if it's just normal game playing tripping my suspicion or if there's something weird.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Absurd Revolver posted:

I don't know what to think anymore.
Basically, this.

I think I might be terrible at Mafia because goddamn everyone seems certain and I'm just like "well that guy seems kinda weird but maybe IT'S ALL A RUSE."

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Moatillata's comment on HoAssHo has something, but I don't know if my gut leads the same way. The very obvious efforts to figure things out publicly strike me as almost too much. Or maybe I'm paranoid.

AbsurdRevolver has not done much either way. Right now he's the one that I feel confident is on the scum list. Everything else I think is just suspicions and gut feeling.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to go with my gut and hope I'm not wrong :ohdear:

#vote Absurd Revolver

Now I get to go wrangle high school students all day so I won't be able to post till tonight, I look forward to having to catch up to 200+ posts

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah. Holy poo poo, freshmen. They're horrible but kind of hilarious.

SirSamVimes posted:

Before you go, mind giving some reasoning along with your vote? I know it can be difficult with gut reads, but if you can put thought to why you have that gut feeling, it can help.
Sorry, I didn't see this before I went! Basically, he (sorry if you're a lady Absurd) trips too much of the normality alarm. I'm clueless and I'll happily admit that, but he's playing almost too neutral in a way that could be someone who knows what they're doing, working to keep people wondering just enough that they won't take the risk of voting for him, since it might make them look like the minority scum, if that makes sense.

I just got home from teaching all day and promptly got high, so it might not, I'm sorry. It's the best I have to go on right now because I really don't know any of you from the forums too well, and my only other game of mafia was played in GBS where it didn't get quite this deep. So I'm trying to figure out the clever questions but people ask them before I do :argh:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
oh whoop sorry, I didn't hit the end of the thread before I posted :ohdear:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

gannyGrabber posted:

SSV is too enigmatic to really call an alignmrnt on. Should really stick to the clues we get from Jimson's votes and what he said and did, as that is less subjective evidence.
Is that not suspicious in and of itself at this late-ish point in the game? Am I just paranoid in that regard? "Too enigmatic/un suspicious" strikes just as many warning bells for me as someone with a clear agenda, if not more.

I'm at work so I'll read posts and do more :effort: when I get home tonight.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

lol if you don't do the bulk of your mafia playing while on the clock

I refuse to type long poo poo on the phone, it is an exercise in fat-fingered frustration :saddowns:

And also I have to go back to wrangling high school students, gotta be vigilant.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

flerp posted:

also my suspicisions are on spiros and ssv. my gut says jakep and ganny are town, unsure on tendai and every1 else
So this is your only post of content on the last page or so and it basically says "it could be anyone."

That makes me suspect you, to be honest. You've played a game that wasn't quite as uh, heated as some people got, skating just under the radar, and at this point in the late-ish game you're making low-content posts with some vague "it could be almost any of us" sentiments.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Absurd Revolver posted:

In fact it probably is, since the only time you didn't vote for a Lynch was when it was scum.
To be honest, since this thread is the first time I've really seen Jimson, I thought he was just a dramatic goon. Not scum, just overexcitable about a game as is not unusual around here.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Excuse me but I am clearly a mafia-playing Pallas cat :catstare:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

HoAssHo posted:

I clicked on the question mark next to Tendai's name and ctrl+f'd the word "honest." There were 3 results. That's a classic tell of when someone's lying.
No I just use that too often.

See also: "I was gonna say" and "Yeah, I mean, I"

:saddowns:

Come on guys, give me a chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I leave my body to the dirt guy. :ghost:

• Locked thread