Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
I didn't really like the timing or device of poison, specifically in a wine toast, and wish they had kept us guessing. I was enjoying not knowing whether main character was being a paranoid rear end in a top hat beating up on rich mountain hippies, or if he was really on to stuff. I think if they hadn't overplayed the door lock and the "where's Choi!?" stuff, it would've worked better. Like, the main guy could've asked politely at first, then gotten really frustrated at being blown off, and then come at it hard. Going straight from normal to super rude jerk was a little odd.

And it felt like they were having drinks for an absurdly long amount of time. The poison wine was predictable. They should have started the final act partway through dinner, then made it a poison dessert or prosecco so you think "oh it's over, and the violence is going to come from somewhere unexpected"

Welp that's my lazy criticism. I enjoyed it well enough as it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

DangerZoneDelux posted:

They were most likely drinking Port Wine which is common as a dessert wine, you could tell since they were toasting in small glasses often used for a Port or Sherry. So yeah that was the end of the dinner

Oh I'm dumb

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Basebf555 posted:

Eden also says something towards the end like "it wasn't supposed to be like this, it was supposed to be quiet and clean". I can't remember the exact line but it was something like that. I think she, and probably David too, really felt like they were doing something good. Makes everything a little more disturbing in my opinion.

drat, what a great opportunity to replace the finale soundtrack with yakkity sax

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

SaltLick posted:

Just saw it. No dinner party is ever like that ever. Would leave immediately

During the video everyone would get bored and stare at their phones

• Locked thread