Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo
They lost another loving plane??

E: they had 59 passengers on an A320?? :wtf: how the hell is it that every time I'm on a drat Boeing 737 they cram 800 loving people on that thing and these jabronis are flying around with basically a pro football roster on an entire A320???

BallerBallerDillz fucked around with this message at 06:21 on May 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
We all lost another one. We are all culpable in this cosmic tragedy that is existence.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The Nards Pan posted:

E: they had 59 passengers on an A320?? :wtf: how the hell is it that every time I'm on a drat Boeing 737 they cram 800 loving people on that thing and these jabronis are flying around with basically a pro football roster on an entire A320???

Probably an authentic psychic fortuneteller was in the airport telling everyone something terrible was going to happen to that flight. 59 people didn't listen.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

places not to fly:
  • ukraine
  • malaysia
  • egypt
got it

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

The Nards Pan posted:

Once on a 747 I had a whole row to myself because the plane was mostly empty. Also it didn't crash into the ocean, so I enjoyed it for 2 reasons.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

drat is this going to be the mainstream media distraction for the next couple of days

or will people tune out cause they know how it ends this time

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Trump will find the plane.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Why dont they make planes that can just gracefully slide into the water

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

CNN's Quality Journalism posted:

"Planes just do not fall out of the sky for no reason, particularly at 37,000 feet," he said.

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
b& :(
Nap Ghost

VectorSigma posted:

places not to fly:
  • ukraine
  • malaysia
  • egypt
got it

Nobody actually flies to the Ukraine, the dumb country is just in the way if you wanna go places.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

WTF. Are we just noticing planes being misplaced more since MH370, or are they actually going missing more often?

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
This one blew up, guys

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Facebook Aunt posted:

WTF. Are we just noticing planes being misplaced more since MH370, or are they actually going missing more often?

It's been less than 24 hours so far, this one will be found. The Mediterranean is a much smaller area to search than the Indian Ocean. Plus they know roughly where to look which is a lot better chance than they had with MH370

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
They did find wreckage already

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Most planes are so bad at hide and go see. Really have to hand it to MH370.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

perp identified, female terrorist self radicalized in the US and financed by the Saudis

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/...US-woman-funded

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

PleasureKevin posted:

perp identified, female terrorist self radicalized in the US and financed by the Saudis

dont post political trash in this thread thanks

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

sorry to the big baby

nockturne
Aug 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

PleasureKevin posted:

sorry to the big baby

This thread is for discussing if the MH370 and/or other planes are definitely gone. Please try to stay on-topic.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I like trump but he has nothing to do with the planes. Although he may find the planes when he is president.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

PleasureKevin posted:

what the gently caress was this bullshit link I tried to read? Shame PleasureKevin, SHAME>

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
What is the latest?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
its definitely still gone, guys

nockturne
Aug 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Chinatown posted:

Thanks buddy. It's good to know we can always rely on you in these uncertain times.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Chinatown posted:

Thank god

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
langoliers got it

nockturne
Aug 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
They keep finding more bits of it. It's pretty much Schrödinger's Plane at this point:

http://globalnews.ca/news/2722991/malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370-debris-in-mozambique-mauritius-to-be-analyzed/?sf27020957=1

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe it fell asleep?

Air traffic controllers around the world were on high alert, so when Delta Airlines flight DL8957 from Germany to Kuwait strayed into Greek airspace over the Mediterranean Sea around 7.10pm, they jumped into action.

The Athens-based controllers issued repeated — and frantic — requests for the pilots to identify themselves but were met with silence. Due to hijack fears, the incident was immediately brought to the attention of the country’s Ministry of Defence by the Greek Civil Aviation authority.

With no idea what was happening on board, two F-16 fighter jets were scrambled to intercept the “ghost flight”, which was at this point nearing Santorini. This was standard military protocol.

The F-16 pilots tried to see what was happening inside the plane, reporting that the Delta pilots appeared to be in their seats but were possibly asleep. One of the fighter jets even flew in front of the Boeing passenger plane and used light signals in a desperate attempt to rouse them, but there was still no response.

It was only when shocked passengers alerted flight attendants to the fighter jets that surrounded the plane, that the pilots were roused as the crew banged on the cockpit door. They then contacted Greek authorities. By then, it had been nearly an hour without any contact.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Kids are starting summer vacation - will it show up on a beach somewhere, sunburned and drunk?

a mysterious cloak fucked around with this message at 18:24 on May 27, 2016

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

smoobles posted:

Thank god

w-what?

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

Lime Tonics posted:

Maybe it fell asleep?

Air traffic controllers around the world were on high alert, so when Delta Airlines flight DL8957 from Germany to Kuwait strayed into Greek airspace over the Mediterranean Sea around 7.10pm, they jumped into action.

The Athens-based controllers issued repeated — and frantic — requests for the pilots to identify themselves but were met with silence. Due to hijack fears, the incident was immediately brought to the attention of the country’s Ministry of Defence by the Greek Civil Aviation authority.

With no idea what was happening on board, two F-16 fighter jets were scrambled to intercept the “ghost flight”, which was at this point nearing Santorini. This was standard military protocol.

The F-16 pilots tried to see what was happening inside the plane, reporting that the Delta pilots appeared to be in their seats but were possibly asleep. One of the fighter jets even flew in front of the Boeing passenger plane and used light signals in a desperate attempt to rouse them, but there was still no response.

It was only when shocked passengers alerted flight attendants to the fighter jets that surrounded the plane, that the pilots were roused as the crew banged on the cockpit door. They then contacted Greek authorities. By then, it had been nearly an hour without any contact.

:wtf: do F-16 not have a horn?

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

If they made the whole plane out of the poo poo the black box is made of this wouldn't have happened.

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Gentlemen, I just noticed that Chinatown was probated (and has a pretty extensive rapsheet).

What do we do? Who is going to keep an eye on this situation, if not Chinatown?

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
He's gone guys

temporarily

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Thanks, buddy.

It's good to have someone to take over the reins. I can't do it; the responsibility, you know.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

amityville anus posted:

He's gone guys

temporarily

He'll be back in 58 minutes, unlike MH370.

It's gone, guys.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Its still gone, guys.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Chinatown posted:

Its still gone, guys.

What if we can't find it because it doesn't want to be found?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Welcome back Chinatown

He's backs guys.

• Locked thread