Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

TMMadman posted:

But there's no reason to deny the action because he knows you saw it since you also knew I searched on N1. Like I said, I just feel like the factional NK wouldn't actually have a name like Doom Squad Assemble. It's so blatantly evil sounding that I almost think it HAS to be a trap.

If you were town gulag wouldn't you be all over punti for denying that he attacked when you know he was?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

TMMadman posted:

Like I said, I just think that scum have to have at least one more role that would prevent them from being seen at the kill site. Sure, we killed the guy who had the Dropship which would let the entire scum team go to a location while still seeming to appear at a different location, but wouldn't it also make sense to give the scum team a delayed kill or an ability that is like the Dropship but only for a specific person?

Considering we had a bomb defuse, yeah there is a real good chance of a delayed kill

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Infinitum posted:

According to GD he only saw the same 4 as everyone else.

Which is why I mentioned this

Information is useful, but also remember information can be manipulated

IFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF GD flips town, unlikely, we'll have to start thinking outside the box a bit more.

IF Gulag flips town, then we have to assume he was telling the truth and Punt was lying about not being attacked. And I can't see any reason why a town player would lie about being attacked since it clears someone because scum can't use the attack ability.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TMMadman posted:

But there's no reason to deny the action because he knows you saw it since you also knew I searched on N1. Like I said, I just feel like the factional NK wouldn't actually have a name like Doom Squad Assemble. It's so blatantly evil sounding that I almost think it HAS to be a trap.

The Doom squad name doesn't seem like that, since our tracking powers are already split between me and JakeP (that we know of). If Jake and I had tracked gulag on the same night, we'd have a complete picture of what happened.

I was worried when I got the gulag result that maybe that power had been redirected onto them or something, but that wasn't the case, it turns out. That's what I was getting at.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

TMMadman posted:

IF Gulag flips town, then we have to assume he was telling the truth and Punt was lying about not being attacked. And I can't see any reason why a town player would lie about being attacked since it clears someone because scum can't use the attack ability.

Exactly.

One thing I'm curious about is that if scum team find weapons, can they use them to attack?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

If you were town gulag wouldn't you be all over punti for denying that he attacked when you know he was?

Yeah, there is that too which is why I'm ok with the Gulag flip and not using my lie detector on him right now.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

But he wasn't attacked, was he? I thought gulag claimed the ability which just halves the defense. Did he take two actions? Because I would have seen if gulag did a straight up attack.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Infinitum posted:

Exactly.

One thing I'm curious about is that if scum team find weapons, can they use them to attack?

We do know that Gulag claimed to have gone to the mall and gotten knives on N1.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Max posted:

But he wasn't attacked, was he? I thought gulag claimed the ability which just halves the defense. Did he take two actions? Because I would have seen if gulag did a straight up attack.

GulagDolls posted:

My doom squad ability lets me halve someone's defense as I attack them. I attacked Punt.

Then GD says his attack rating was 3 and Punt then said his defence was 3.

If GD flips town, that means Punt must be lying.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ah. Ok then, I blame being on mobile this weekend for missing that.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

Well, I think it's a combination move. He uses the power and it's an auto attack.

GulagDolls posted:

My doom squad ability lets me halve someone's defense as I attack them. I attacked Punt.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mafia edit

Puntification posted:

I received no notification of being attacked/damaged

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
drat you Infinitum! :argh:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Snooze
Ya
Loose

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Looking back, I'm kind of wondering what is up with FL's first post on D2:

Flying Leatherman posted:

Hey, checking in! I was not targeted for death last night, I know this because ~reasons~. I was indeed at the dam, I searched last night.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Side note: Infinitum and I aren't at each other's throats! What a refreshing change of pace.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Looking back, I'm kind of wondering what is up with FL's first post on D2:

Hey yeah let's just make FL talk about this. It's not like we could've chanced that scum forgot about it entirely after we caught a scumbro out!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'll be very interested to see who Kumbamontu sees tomorrow :nyoron:

Kumbamontu posted:

9, apparently the dam is a very popular tourist attraction

Kumbamontu posted:

i've been in meetings for hours

the 9 person list is accurate to the best of my knowledge

i already claimed i went searching, that's how i found this booze

Seeing how he appears to have the best perception out of all of us, and was the only person to see all 9 people at the Dam D1, and is probably the person I am most suspicious of going into D3.

Either way his location list will be super helpful.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Max posted:

Side note: Infinitum and I aren't at each other's throats! What a refreshing change of pace.

gently caress up dickhead

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

gently caress up dickhead

:chanpop:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Infinitum posted:

I'll be very interested to see who Kumbamontu sees tomorrow :nyoron:

Seeing how he appears to have the best perception out of all of us, and was the only person to see all 9 people at the Dam D1, and is probably the person I am most suspicious of going into D3.

Either way his location list will be super helpful.

I think he's saying that the list is accurate to his knowledge, not that he saw all 9.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

I think he's saying that the list is accurate to his knowledge, not that he saw all 9.

Except that Kumba directly states that he saw 9 people at the Dam on N1.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i definitely saw all 9

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I asked him how many he saw before the list was completed.

Infinitum posted:

How many people did you see there, including yourself?

Kumbamontu posted:

9, apparently the dam is a very popular tourist attraction

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
well 8 + myself but yeah

mafia edit: ^^^

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Kumbamontu posted:

i definitely saw all 9

I'm a gently caress up dickhead I guess.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Max posted:

I'm a gently caress up dickhead I guess.

Glad you're finally seeing it my way mate.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Hey yeah let's just make FL talk about this. It's not like we could've chanced that scum forgot about it entirely after we caught a scumbro out!

It's an inconsistency. He saying he knows he wasn't targeted as the kill for *reasons*, but that he also searched.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Any reason we haven't hammered yet?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Infinitum posted:

Any reason we haven't hammered yet?

Because we have some good conversation going on right now. No reason to cut that off just to end a day early.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

TMMadman posted:

Because we are having some good conversation going right now. No reason to cut that off just to end a day early.

This is correct.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

This is correct.

You caught my ninja! :negative:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Editing posts. Modkill this scumbo imo

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Infinitum posted:

Editing posts. Modkill this scumbo imo

Look at this scumbo looking to get the lie detector modkilled.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

TMMadman posted:

Look at this scumbo looking to get the lie detector modkilled.

Look at this scumbo attacking a townbo for scumslippin

smh

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Kashuno posted:

I don't want to get too much into why I know that, but there is a reason I do. I thought it would be helpful information.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

It's not when we have no idea what you are talking about

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I should clarify that it was a passive effect, though.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Flying Leatherman posted:

I should clarify that it was a passive effect, though.

Fair enough, but I think I would have just kept quiet about it because it does read weird the way you phrased it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I don't think FL is scummy at all, right now.

• Locked thread