Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

I am in 2 other games and DS3 is coming out tomorrow, but sure.

Scum, please NK me on the first night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Or the SK that is for some reason working with a town member can kill me, like last time.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Kash is pretty cool.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

You fuckers, I was going to vote JakeP for making a thunder dome when the game isn't even 24 hours old, but now it'll look like I'm going for an easy vote to jump on.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Anyway, ##vote JakeP

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'd rather keep a player that wants to stick around, so I'm not going to vote TMM.

Having been in a similar situation with a day 1 thunderdome, I'd rather just lunch JakeP so that the day isn't total waste, instead of a no lunch.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

What's GG's deal, I glazed over a lot of the posts since it was people being lovely.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh yeah, it is :redhammer:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I was in the Pods, it was mega boring.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

GulagDolls posted:

nobody has ever said ugh in sincerity ##vote rarity but also let's kill tmm too.

I don't like this vote at all, and I am speaking as a person that regularly uses Ugh in sincerity.

##vote GulagDolls

Max
Nov 30, 2002

JakeP posted:

On a scale of 1-town what do you think about rarity

Neutral, since I was thinking along similar lines (not exact, since I went ahead and voted JakeP.) But I think that case TMM posted isn't really super good and am suspicious of people that make a big deal out of someone using the word "ugh."

Also, Chaoslord, Mags, TMM, and Keane were at the pods last night.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TMMadman posted:

So which of the three votes on her at the time of your post felt fake? It was the two people involved in the Thunderdome on D1 and GulagDolls who were voting her.

Kash is starting to feel slimy and this feels a bit like a scum defense.

Mmm, I agree that some of the votes seem fake, specifically Gulag.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Infinitum posted:

Gonna have a read of the 2 older games later to see how combat works

It's a new mechanic, if I remember the second game correctly.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Infinitum posted:

Scum have to be in the same location as a target to kill?

I'm not totally clear on that. I wasn't in the first game, but in the second one we didn't have HP and you couldn't actually attack anyone in the different locations, you could just chat with them during the night phase.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

JakeP posted:

i feel like kash is making opinions without having all the information himself, and it feels fake

I'm having trouble parsing this sentence.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

JakeP posted:

The point isn't that she said "ugh" its that shes making filler posts condeming players for maing faux pas' without making any alignment calls on the players.

Shes just being fake and acting like "Town Dumb" to make herself seem like frustrated town.

Mmm, not feeling it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Rurea posted:

He thinks kash is scum.

I got that much from that sentence, but it's written weirdly and doesn't look natural.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

JakeP posted:

its literal flow of conciousness, it doesn't get any more natural

OK

Max
Nov 30, 2002

JakeP posted:

since FL did get attacked i will just say it, GG visited him

Are you saying you followed GG here?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

That's good enough for me.

##unvote
##vote GG

Also, I am not familiar with Gulag's posting habits, but I do find his vote on Rarity fairly suspicious. This just seems more concrete to me.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Unless GG comes in with some other ability that explains why they visited FL (I think that's a long shot) it was probably an attack. I can't think of a town reason to do it unless you're just being a goof like JakeP claimed.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TMMadman posted:

I don't want to ruin the surprise.

Would you like for us to make it more dramatic so that you can reveal the information?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TMMadman posted:

And don't ruin the surprise yet chaos

???

You were both at the Pods, so I'm really not sure what the surprise is here.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TMMadman posted:

Oh there's a surprise. And I'm surprised you saw me. I saw you and MG, but not the other two.

I have very high perception, so I imagine I can see more people than you. But yeah, Keane and chaos were also at the pods.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Wait, doesn't the NK just straight up kill?

##unvote

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh, I think I comprehend the surprise now.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TMMadman posted:

Yeah but people saying GG must be scum for attacking FL are flat out wrong. If GG did attack then he can't be scum.

Yeah, I'm just realizing this.

The OP posted:

Status Quo will have a full factional nightkill that actually kills instead of dealing damage, thus they may not take the attack action

So GG did something. I'm having trouble imagining a scenario where FL was targeted by three people that attacked, attempted to kill, and also protected them.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm not sure why Jimson may possibly be scum based off their post though.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

JakeP posted:

Wheres 3 come in?

FL got damaged, so someone attacked them. Then if you assume someone tried to NK him, then a third person would have had to protect them.

But I'm not sure where the assumption that FL was targeted for an NK came from, probably confusion about the rules.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

I asked one question, not several and it was all relevant to you using that Thunderdome D1. Which I still stand by as being idiotic.

Anyhow I did visit FL to see if he used any abilities, but my action was unsuccessful.

OK, so at least two people targeted FL if this is what GG is claiming, since that damage had to come from somewhere.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

OK well that's where that assumption was coming from.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Infinitum posted:

Wait so you tracked FL?

2 trackers?

Given the way abilities seem to be tied to the smaller Gangs, it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hmm, GG, you are saying you didn't track FL, just that you can see what actions they do?

That doesn't quite make sense to me.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Without direct quoting, I can see ability names, but not what they do. I would have gotten an ability name if my action had succeeded.

Do you see every action they can do, or only the one that they use?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

JakeP posted:

GG are you able to perform your action, and also search?

Wait, halt.

OK, I'm just going to claim because I'm a little confused about how you found out that GG targeted FL.

I can also track, and chose to track TMM last night. Reading over my track ability, I follow the person to wherever they choose to go, and will see whatever action they perform. But I won't see who they perform it on.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

JakeP posted:

i mean i can't imagine GG being roleblocked, especially since i claimed tracker and was at the same place as gg

I see who they perform it on but not what the action is

Hmm. I think that makes sense.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

This is my question as well, but I should have seen an action if he attacked, rested or searched.

Well, I know TMM just searched, since I was told he poked around the rubble. I don't think GG's action would fail since everyone would have likely done something, and he would have been told what it was.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

JakeP posted:

my ability is called Expert Trackers

OK, mine has a different name, so I guess that does make sense.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

I only see my targets ability or action.

It's weird that you have an underpowered version of my power, but you are correct that you should have seen if they just did the bog standard actions that are available to us. Maybe you were roleblocked?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Infinitum posted:

Wait how many trackers do we have :psyduck:

I'm part of a gang that likes to look out on vast vistas and see where sky touches land. I imagine if others are part of that too they will have similar roles.

• Locked thread