Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

Suspicious Dish posted:

wait so we theorized quantum computers and then went out and successfully built them? that's not how science is supposed to work

im pretty sure that's basically how physics has worked for a while now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

Triglav posted:

check if the isp even lets u

you can set up a baby site for cents at nearlyfreespeech.net

apparently NFS is beta testing unlimited bandwidth which is cool

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

ymgve posted:

when you sign up for a site that site should try logging into your email with your entered user and password, if it succeeds it should mail everyone in your address list about how much of a dumbass you are

this sounds vaguely illegal

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

Soldier of Fortran posted:

it's really dumb, especially because they do support icloud sync on macs. either way, their windows client is really far behind the mac one, which is disappointing.

They just put out a beta for a major update to their windows version. I think the full release is scheduled for August.

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx
why would you want a bunch of professors who haven't been in the industry for years if ever to try and teach "modern coding practices?"

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx
reminder:

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/717670056650530816

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx
I wasn't saying you should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

so how lovely of an excuse "I'm helping confuse law enforcement" is for Dakota pipeline Facebook activism? I can't imagine a police department in North Dakota being sophisticated enough to track people on facebook

The original post was probably a hoax but I can't really hate since it was pretty effective at drumming up publicity.

• Locked thread