Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Angelic Tutelage

I made some tweeks to the angelic tutelage deck I've been fiddling around with. Sadly MTGO beta hasn't been working for me so I havn't gotten any real tests in yet.

Enchantment (22)

4x Oath of Jace
3x Pacifism
3x Quarantine Field
2x Sigil of the Empty Throne
4x Sphinx's Tutelage
2x Starfield of Nyx
4x Stasis Snare

Instant (3)
3x Immolating Glare

Land (25)

4x Blighted Cataract
4x Evolving Wilds
4x Island
5x Plains
4x Port Town
4x Prairie Stream

Sorcery (10)
4x Declaration in Stone
4x Pore Over the Pages
2x Startled Awake

Sideboard (15)

4x Negate
3x Ojutai's Command
3x Planar Outburst
2x Sphinx of the Final Word
3x Suppression Bonds

I moved planar outburst to the sideboard and mainboarded quarantine field in. The plan in in the event I'm playing against a arggro deck or on that pulls deep into hexproof, I can swap out the field for the outburst. I really like quarantine field since it lets me target specific things. annoying creature, usually (assuming no hexproof), enchantments? Yes. artifacts? Yes. Planeswalkers? Yes. While it can't really "sweep" until later game, it does give me more options for removal in the early game. I also brought in Declaration in Stone as a good early game removal and token sweeper. Even giving my opponent clues isn't too bad for me since them drawing more cards is a partial win condition for this deck. I also brought the number of starfield's of Nyx down to two since I have to be careful with it, if its second clause is activated the all my enchantments are vulnerable to mass removal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Izzet Already Over

Land (20)
2x Highland Lake
6x Island
6x Mountain
4x Shivan Reef
2x Wandering Fumarole

Sorcery (6)
2x Exquisite Firecraft
4x Slip Through Space

Enchantment (6)
2x Fevered Visions
4x Infectious Bloodlust

Instant (16)
4x Expedite
4x Fiery Impulse
4x Rush of Adrenaline
4x Titan's Strength

Creature (12)
4x Elusive Spellfist
2x Jori En, Ruin Diver
4x Stormchaser Mage
2x Thing in the Ice

No my deck, but one I saw that looks like it holds some promise. I'd tinkered a bit with U/R aggro early on, but this guy seems like he's ironed out a few of the issues with consistency I was having.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Esper Control

My angelic Tutelage deck has been running alright, but I'm wondering if splashing in for black would maybe help it run a bit better, I'v been having a bit of trouble running against some of the midrange decks out there right now. Mostly splashing black for Sorin, Ob and Read the Bones.

//Land

4x Caves of Koilos
4x Evolving Wilds
4x Forsaken Sanctuary
5x Plains
4x Prairie Stream
4x Sunken Hollow
1x Swamp

//Enchantment

3x Oath of Jace
3x Sigil of the Empty Throne
4x Silkwrap
4x Sphinx's Tutelage
4x Stasis Snare

//Sorcery

4x Declaration in Stone
3x Duress
3x Read the Bones

//Planeswalkers

3x Ob Nixilis Reignited
3x Sorin, Grim Nemesis

I'm wondering about slotting out Duress for immolating glare to give me some more instant speed responses to stuff. Right now the downside with this is that I'm hideously exposed to planeswalkers (I have no suppression bonds or quarantine fields in here so far) and relying on angels to smack their planes walkers down isn't consistent enough I found that out with my angelic tutelage deck. Duress could help, but it only goes so far.

Angelic Tutelage What I'm currently running.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

Sickening posted:

You would be better off with dead weight. Jace doesn't attack and it will show up. Hell, ultimate price is where you want to be too.

So you'd reccomend dropping the oaths?

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Esper Control

Now that I've played enough games with the W/U Angelic Tutelage deck, I'm now forced to sadly conclude that the Sigil/Enchantment deck just isn't quite there, or at least, not there in the capacity I've built this deck. Transferring that over to this Esper Control deck idea, I'm mulched some of the enchantment focus and folded in more mill/control.

Lands// (23)

4x Caves of Koilos
3x Evolving Wilds
4x Forsaken Sanctuary
4x Plains
4x Prairie Stream
4x Sunken Hollow

Planeswalkers// (6)

3x Ob Nixilis Reignited
3x Sorin, Grim Nemesis

Instants//: (11)

3x Anguished Unmaking
4x Catalog
4x Ultimate Price

Enchantments// (12)

4x Oath of Jace
4x Sphinx's Tutelage
4x Stasis Snare

Sorcery// (8)

4x Declaration in Stone
4x Read the Bones

Sideboard//: (15)

3x Duress
4x Negate
3x Suppression Bonds
2x To the Slaughter
3x Transgress the Mind

Goldfishing this has been a low more smooth than the other deck, but I'll still need to test this more. Sorin and Ob are a lot better in the 5 and 6 drop slot than the Sigil, and both give me good solutions to problems, I can get more card draw off them to enable the Tutelages and they also give me good removal as well. Both their ults are reasonable to achieve and can give me good win conditions (Obs can be pretty nasty given all the card draw that been around lately).

Sideboard wise I might take out to the Slaughter and bring in Planar Outburst for some of the aggro token strategies.

• Locked thread