Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

The farmer's mistake was believing he had any control over his life.
Do people see much potential in a confront the unknown / green clues deck? I like the pool of cheap green investigate creatures, and I feel like confront could push things over the edge, maybe combined with second harvest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

ThePeavstenator posted:

I would say no. Become Immense/Temur Battle-Rage became pretty bad once people packed some instant-speed removal to deal with it and that had less of a setup cost than flooding your side of the battlefield with clue tokens does.

Sounds about right. It's pretty much all I can scrape together though, so I'll try it anyway and report back

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

Alris posted:

I wanted to find a fun standard deck someone brewed that I took to my first ever FNM. A delightful number that was equal parts mill, combo and agro. I ended up finding it here.

As an aside, I have put together a very rough mockup of a Modern Werewolf deck. I don't play much (any) modern though, so any advice on how to tighten it up and what to include as a sideboard are very welcome.

Deck: Rough Modern Werewolves

//Lands
2 Cavern of Souls
6 Forest
5 Mountain
4 Stomping Ground
4 Wooded Foothills

//Spells
2 Arlinn Kord
1 Garruk Relentless
4 Moonmist
2 Neglected Heirloom

//Creatures
4 Duskwatch Recruiter
4 Geier Reach Bandit
4 Huntmaster of the Fells
4 Immerwolf
3 Kruin Outlaw
4 Mayor of Avabruck
4 Scorned Villager
3 Wolfir Silverheart

Display deck statistics

Moonlit Hunt is pretty sweet instant speed removal. If you throw a Silverfur partisan or cult of the waxing moon on the board, moonmist will net you a fuckton of wolf tokens.

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

JOHN CENA posted:

so yeah this is probably getting ahead of myself, but this looks like a fun deck to try and run on FNM, and hey i like doing things that are self encompassing when it comes to flavor.

Deck: wolves lol

//Main
4 Kessig Prowler
4 Village Messenger
4 Duskwatch Recruiter
4 Silverfur Partisan
4 Geier Reach Bandit

4 Collected Company
3 Arlinn Kord
3 Expedite
3 Atarka's Command
2 Howlpack Resurgence
2 Rabid Bite

4 Game Trail
4 Cinder Glade
10 Forest
5 Mountain

Display deck statistics

obviously im tryin to go a little aggro, a little midrange, but i wanna keep it wolf flavored creature wise, while not casting TOO many spells causin them to flip back. any alternative takes on this deck?

i think lambholt pacifist might be cheaper/more reliable for you than silverfur partisan. If you REALLY want wolf tokens, then maybe try pack guardian?

• Locked thread