Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
Reposting my Standard BW Pile to get some feedback:

Land (24)
4x Caves of Koilos
3x Evolving Wilds
4x Plains
3x Shambling Vent
8x Swamp
2x Westvale Abbey

Enchantment (2)
2x Dead Weight

Creature (13)
2x Eldrazi Displacer
2x Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
2x Kindly Stranger
3x Priest of the Blood Rite
4x Wasteland Strangler

Planeswalker (4)
2x Ob Nixilis Reignited
2x Sorin, Grim Nemesis

Sorcery (10)
3x Declaration in Stone
1x Languish
2x Read the Bones
4x Transgress the Mind

Instant (7)
2x Anguished Unmaking
2x Secure the Wastes
3x Ultimate Price

Mostly wondering if there's anything I should cut/add/swap to be more consistent. Been goldfishing it on tappedout and it seems pretty decent, as soon as I get eldrazi displacer with any ETB it can pretty much run itself forever. I kinda wanna find a spot for hangarbacks since I have 4, but I have no idea where they go.

Also, what should my sideboard look like? I am so bad about sideboarding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

keeblerdrow posted:

It also blanks Nantuko Husk, blanks blockers against decks that only run out one threat at a time, and is straight murder against tokens. It's worth at least a single slot in the sideboard.
I run 2 in my SB in BW Control, just because it is so good against a lot of decks. It basically locks down ramp since most of their big stuff has on cast triggers rather than ETB effects and having a guy that says "2♦: hold still until I can kill you" is fantastic.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Typhus733 posted:

So what are BW control's best options against eldrazi based strategies? I went up against U/R/C tempo/eldrazi and G/R ramp and just got butchered. What are good tools to be bringing in in place of Ultimate Price and such. I run a full set of transgress main based on my meta as well as three Ayli and a 3/2 Grasp/UP split.
To the Slaughter is pretty amazing and I like to run a few Duress against ramp just because being able to nail their ramp spells early is really nice; I can't imagine it'd be bad against URC eldrazi. I'm a big fan of Wasteland Strangler since it does hit a lot of things in this meta and is a fairly aggressive body, and between stone/transgress you have plenty of exile.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
I'm thinking about building this thing for Standard FNM. I've been goldfishing it a bit and it seems pretty solid; basically just drop a 1-2 mana flier, t3 invocation and swing in for fat beats with angels and spirits. Tap down/exile opposing attackers and outrace them. If BW control was at all a thing (besides myself) I might be worried about it, but it's all GW tokens, monowhite humans, and random Ux control/combo attempts around here.

UW Fliers

//Lands
3 Evolving Wilds
5 Island
7 Plains
4 Port Town
4 Prairie Stream

//Spells
3 Always Watching
3 Angelic Purge
2 Declaration in Stone
4 Expose Evil
3 Invocation of Saint Traft

//Creatures
2 Bygone Bishop
2 Dragonlord Ojutai
3 Hangarback Walker
4 Rattlechains
4 Reflector Mage
3 Thunderclap Wyvern
4 Topplegeist

Display deck statistics

Yawgmoth fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jun 25, 2016

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
^^^Seems like it. 77% of your lands can make B, 79% of your mana symbols are black.

80s James Hetfield posted:

I would definitely put in negates for PW or hard counters like void shatter or scatter to the winds. The majority of your deck can be played at instant speed at the end of an opponents turn with Rattlechains.

Id also remove the Walkers for Dimensional infiltraters
I'm planning on having 4 negates in the SB for planeswalkers since my meta doesn't seem to run a lot of them oddly enough. Might try the DI idea if walkers don't pan out, the intent there is to (a) have something that can block humans profitably, and (b) 2 card types for delirium if it comes down to topplegeist in the late game.

Yawgmoth fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jun 30, 2016

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
I went 3-0-1 with this deck on friday, but I could really use some help on the sideboard. I know at least one person plays BG Season's Past, we've got a good pile of mono-W humans, at least one person playing a somewhat similar bant company deck, and a couple blue brain in a jar/thing in the ice combo type decks around.

Deck: Bant Spirits

//Lands
2 Canopy Vista
4 Evolving Wilds
2 Forest
2 Island
3 Lumbering Falls
4 Plains
4 Prairie Stream
1 Wastes
4 Yavimaya Coast

//Spells
2 Eldritch Evolution
4 Essence Flux

//Creatures
4 Duskwatch Recruiter
3 Eldrazi Displacer
2 Gisela, the Broken Blade
2 Permeating Mass
4 Rattlechains
4 Reflector Mage
4 Spell Queller
3 Void Attendant

//Sideboard
3 Declaration in Stone
2 Hangarback Walker
4 Negate
2 Permeating Mass
1 Planar Outburst
3 Topplegeist

Display deck statistics

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

TwistedNails posted:

What is the main use you have for hangerback walker in the sideboard? The only suggestion I have is if the hangerback's don't have a good use maybe swap them out for 2 Not Forgotten.
Hangarback is just there because this used to be my UW spirits deck and HB was a great turn 2 drop to get delirium for topplegeist (or just beat face/block profitably). Why would I want Not Forgotten? It doesn't strike me as all that useful.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

TwistedNails posted:

I see that you could get delirium off in that deck if you did a full sideboard swap into your main but it doesn't seem like it's worth doing for just Topplegiest. I'd rather play a Tamiyo, Field Researcher for tapping creatures with -2 and card draws from the +1 are awesome. Not forgotten is useful when something important gets countered or killed off the board and gives you a 1/1 chump to block with. I use them in a UW deck and find them useful almost every time I draw them past like turn 3. No matter what you end up doing your deck does look fun to play, Permeating Mass is a really fun card and I need to pick a few up myself.
Yeah honestly I just threw in 15 cards that I kinda wanted to have maindeck but had no space for; I really suck at sideboards. Permeating Mass is pretty amazing against humans since even if it doesn't trade, they now have a 1/3 effectively-vanilla not-a-human so it fails to get all the fun human buffs and sucks at attacking too. I could see maybe using NF against Season's Past maybe, to put their tutor on the bottom or the like, but really the last thing this deck wants to do is pay 2 for a 1/1 flyer unless it comes with something spicy attached.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Nomadic Scholar posted:

For an emerge deck, which color would pair best with blue out of R/B/G? I'm wondering if I should try making a UB list of some kind.
I personally would go green, that way you can do some ramp on top of emerge. Plus it's got a boatload of good sac targets and you can run yavimaya coast to get C for matter reshaper.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Nomadic Scholar posted:

It'd probably be better to say I'm also preparing for a large amount of lands to rotate before I actually am able to play again proper.
Well in that case it would be better to ask when you are able to play again proper, since we have exactly zero information on the next set at this time.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
Why the harmless offering in the SB when you don't have anything to really donate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

JOHN CENA posted:

demonic pact. it'll never ever work but hey may as well go for it
Ah, missed that also in the SB. What would you be taking out to add that combo, and when? Seems like the type of thing to either have in a deck or not.

• Locked thread