Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
the n64 games honestly arent that bad and have hilarious enemy designs at times
you just have to be good with navigating 3d space and making sure your jumps are well timed because instant-deaths are what kill you the most

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

How in the everliving gently caress can this be considered a bad game?

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
i wonder if its possible to do a model swap with those skelebone bikers and road rash 64

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's crazy to me that the n64 Castlevania got a remake and a sequel within 9 months of its initial release

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's crazy to me that the n64 Castlevania got a remake and a sequel within 9 months of its initial release

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Fungah! posted:

its extremely piss that were never going tog et another real castlevania bec ause the old piece of trash that runs konami only wants to make pachinko

The main dev for the Castlevania games is making another one on his own though.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night

But yes Konami is dying of AIDS.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

In Training posted:

It wasn't even a sequel in the usual sense. I'm pretty sure it reused every asset and only changed the player character.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Anyways, op, the GBA and DS games are some of the best gaming experiences you can have. I hope you get to them soon. And the Fleamen stay bullshit throughout the series.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
im gonna play lords of shadow in the future. suppoesdly kojima made it ? castlevania + kojima = win ? it doesnt seem like a lot of people liked it though.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I.N.R.I posted:

im gonna play lords of shadow in the future. suppoesdly kojima made it ? castlevania + kojima = win ? it doesnt seem like a lot of people liked it though.

Its one of the worst games I've ever played

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

Konami paid him a bunch of money internally to put his name on the box or something but he had 0 involvement with the game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Funny then a few years later that they would take his name off the box of his biggest project to date.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Agag posted:

The main dev for the Castlevania games is making another one on his own though.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night

But yes Konami is dying of AIDS.

yah nd it looks cool but its just not the same. hope its good though

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all
lords of shadow is just too long and enemies have to much health, the areas are freaking insane with scale and detail. You end up.going to hell.and its super cool. Its worth a play through on easy epscially for captain Picard's delivering like a 1000 lines of narration in the most best hammy way possible

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
i bought lords of shadow for a friend on his birthday and he brought it home and played it and i had to sit there and watch him and try not to show my disgust it was an awful experience

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

It wasn't even a sequel in the usual sense. I'm pretty sure it reused every asset and only changed the player character.

It was an expansion pack with new stages and more characters. And then to get the old characters you had to play as some guy from the church to rescue them as babies.

I.N.R.I posted:

It's the best of the 3 LoS games but that isn't saying much and it is insanely drawn out. They could cut out the first 3rd of the game and it would have been better.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm on Dracula now and folks he's a real tough son of a gun.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
You could try Castlevania: Harmony of Despair. I spent way too much time on that loving game to power up all the belmonts.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dracula's first phase is hard enough, let alone his second phase!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i beat dracula by savescumming. but the second form is way easier than the first.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Starting Castlevania: The Adventure.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I stopped because it sucked rear end. On to Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

i beat dracula by savescumming. but the second form is way easier than the first.

That's a fail. Enjoy CV3 it's one of the best classic castlevanias.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

In Training posted:

young dumb and full of scum

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It has branching paths and better art but I still don't like anything about the movement or combat.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

castlemania 3 and ecclasia are the best ones. bye.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

make sure u play the japanese version of castlemania 3 because it has a sick extra sound chip that was only supported by famicom so nes got gyped [as in gypsied][notorious thieves and a plague upon uerope, aside from the plague of native europeans]

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

It has branching paths and better art but I still don't like anything about the movement or combat.

/me puts on duster and casts summon greater demon. dylan and eric appear. it's time to murk

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

castlevania 3 looks great but not having after touch control on jumps is a major fail.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the game is designed around it. they even give you grant danasty if you're a qq baby [even though the tranny wizard is op and the best, if you're a power gamer]

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

you have unlimited continues, and the second level of the game gives you access to easy qq baby mode.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
using savestates...

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

In Training posted:

castlevania 3 looks great but not having after touch control on jumps is a major fail.

:rolleyes:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

you have unlimited continues, and the second level of the game gives you access to easy qq baby mode.

Im a millenial and need the QQ Baby DIaper Mode.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I dont know what that is though. I found a wizard guy and then died on a ship a few times and stopped for evening.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

Im a millenial and need the QQ Baby DIaper Mode.

stick to dark souls

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i beat castlevania 3 i9n one 3 hour sitting live on stream once, after not playing it in like 15 years. that's the power of being an ancient virgin gaming lich :shibe:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

millennial here. i can't jump over the space which is clearly the length of trevor belmont's normal jump .

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I beat Alucard's Path as Trevor alone because I'm badasd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
castlevania 3 is easy you fight dracula on the third level and beat the gmae

• Locked thread