Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nil.
Nov 11, 2012

Hot: +2 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: +1
XP: 5/5 | Harm: 2/4 | Conditions: Outcast

She flicks my nose! I can't help it, but I burst out laughing. I only get myself under control after a few seconds, though there are some giggles afterwards. Aw, she's so sweet - I needed that. For all my talk about how nobody understands me, I guess it still gets to me.

But Kara is telling me she's not mad at me, and even though I know that, it feels good to hear it again and that she'll sort out Frankie the next time she sees him. Man, even though she's so vulnerable, I guess, she' still so fierce, like with Sharona earlier. Not that, uh, I want her to sort out Frankie like that! And then she's telling me that... Frankie is working together with Allison to, uh, do something about Gabrielle? What? Hopefully something to calm her down, because seems she didn't just beat up me but Frankie too! What is going on? Is everyone going crazy? But at least that might explain why Frankie was so different from earlier, he has his own poo poo going on. Right?

And then Kara touches my bruise through my shirt and once again, it's both the physical pain and... that other pain of wanting her close, closer, that makes me sharply draw in my breath. Oh man, those short shorts and the shirt and, man, she looks good. "Thanks, Kara." I release her, give her a little bit of space - there's, like, degrees of hugs, right, and I don't want this one to go on for too long. I mean, I want to, but everyone is looking and... it's complicated, okay?

"They're going to be okay, right? Frankie and Gabrielle? And, uh, Allison?" Haven't really talked with Allison a lot, is she friends with Frankie? But, of course they'll be okay, Kara seems to know a lot more about this than me and she'd say something if they weren't going to be okay, right? "And, and of course I'm going to help you warm up!" I break out in a smile. Wait, did she mean that with a double meaning? Wait, triple meaning? Like, the obvious one, warm her up for soccer, and then warm her up because she is... cold from being, well, different, more metaphyiscal, and then last warm her up like... like.... like what might have happened if we had had more time in the training room, if nobody had interrupted us? Uh.

Hey, I got an idea! "We could do some stretches... over there." I point to where I just came from, close to Caitlin. I lean over to her and whisper into her ear, although that's totally unnecessary. "Caitlin was being all frosty too, so if she sees that everything is okay between us, she'll not, like, start some PR campaign." Yeah, that's a good idea. I start jumping up and down, the pleasure of warming up chasing away all those negative thoughts from earlier. I smile at her. "Well. More than okay."

<nil_> David Turn On Kara
<nil_> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> nil_, 10+2 = 12
No mechanical effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Hot: 0 Cold: 1 Volatile: -1 Dark: 1
Harm 1/4 Exp 4/5 Conditions: Relieved

I pat David on the back to comfort him, "Yeah, I'm sure they'll be okay. Seems like it's two against one, no way can Alison and Frankie lose."

David's suggestion to warm up near Caitlin sounds like a good one, even if I do think he's worrying too much about how other people see him. I let him guide me over to her part of the field.

As we approach Caitlin, I wave to her. "Hey," I call out, as I squeeze David's hand to reassure him.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Hot: +3 | Cold: +1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: -1
XP: 5/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Desperate, Superior

I don't have time to listen to David piteously whine about his meager difficulties while simultaneously sending out texts, likely full of complaints as well. I don't understand him at all - he's handsome, seemingly kinda smart, but everyone hates him because he acts like such a pathetic lunatic all the time.

Speaking of pathetic, the reason I'm unable to tell David off appropriately is the news from Coach Greene, in-artfully delivered, that I'm apparently supposed to be the Captain of the Soccer Team this year. Sigh. I actually like soccer most of the time - I'm pretty good at it, it's liberating, and my parents rarely show up to my games, so I usually don't have to be all that worried about impressing them. Guess that's over, and the list of things I used to enjoy before they became nothing but responsibility and work just grew by one. Also, thanks to him, Sarah seems to hate me now too. She's probably the person that most deserves to be captain (from a talent perspective only, mind you, if not for that I am infinitely more deserving of the honor than she is) and now she knows I'm gunning for the position.

Nodding at Coach Greene, like of course we're on the same team and not as if he's an idiotic stooge for my parents, I send the last few texts I was working on, intent on starting up harder warmups once I'm done.

txt to Allison posted:

Gabby said she's at the mall. Here's her exact location though.
Attatched is a GoogleMaps link to Gabby's exact location... the how isn't it important, merely that Allison's Boon has been granted.

txt to Front Office posted:

Hi, this is Caitlin Carlin. Gabrielle Boreland is volunteering this afternoon with one of my parent's charities, but they're not sure if she remembered to turn her excused absence paperwork for it in, so they asked me to check for her. Her absence is excused, right?

txt to Gabrielle posted:

It's done, you're free to skip school all day now. Was very easy for me to do.

Before I can do more though, David reppears right next to me, I guess determined to annoy me more? And he's brought Kara with him, they're holding hands - didn't he like, hurt her earlier or something? Giving both of them a winning smile, one that doesn't quite reach my eyes, I respond to Kara's greeting with one of my own... though I'm definitely still paying more attention to the extremely-cross Sarah halfway across the field than I do the pair of idiots before me.

<Rawri> lets keep this failure train rolling. Gaze about Sarah
<Rawri> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> Rawri, 5-1 = 4
Yup. Whatever, XP get, taking +1 Hot as first advance.

"Oh, hi Kara..." I sound distracted, so I pull my gaze away from my new competitor and towards the person I am, technically, engaged in a covnersation with. Sweeping some hair out of my eyes with a flick of my hand, I inquire "What's going on?"

Rauri fucked around with this message at 04:37 on May 3, 2016

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Hot 1 Cold -1 Vol -1 Dark 2
XP: 3+1/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Yours Truly, Jealous, Liability, Unfit

I don't take my eyes off my phone, waiting for replies even as Frankie talks to me.

"It's fine, I understand. Thank you for not leaving me behind. I won't leave you behind, either, I promise. I'm tracking her down now..."

There's quite a flurry of information, helpful ones from Caitlin, and I owe her something in response to that.

quote:

Thank you. I am sorry for my actions before. I panicked. I promise I won't be so cruel to you again.

"Got her," I say to Frankie before i check the other messages.

These ones, from Gabby herself, are not so helpful. She might be trying to threaten me, but she's not a threat, not right now. Just someone running from judgment, someone too afraid to tell us the truth face to face, as opposed to behind a cellphone screen. She's not... lying, I'd know if she was, somehow. But just because she's not lying doesn't mean she's right.

to Gabby posted:

If you think you can scare us off, you're completely wrong. If you think that attacking us is for our 'own good' then you're a complete idiot. We're coming for you. You have 30 minutes to meet us, like you promised. If you don't, things will get worse. Do the right thing.

Finally glancing up at Frankie, I try to keep my expression neutral. I do have to deal with this secret too, ferret it out and expose it to the light. I can't work with him if he's a liar, but... he wouldn't lie, would he? Not to me, not now...

"...Frankie, I need to know," I say as I move closer to him. "Do you have anything that can help us against Gabby - if she tries to fight us again, I mean. The whole reason I asked Caitlin to try to get you alone was because I had suspicions. I should have just asked you outright back there, but right now I need to know what you can do. Promise me you'll tell the truth." I can't keep the emotion out of my voice, can't stop myself from showing how important this is to me, or the fear that he might lie, even about something as important as this... I lock gazes with him, waiting for his answer, bracing myself for whatever it may be...

Nown: Turn On Frankie
[3:50pm] Nown: !roll 2d6+2 (+1 from the forward)
[3:50pm] Krysmbot: Nown, 9+2 = 11
Marking XP, taking string

Just in case it's not obvious, when I bold 'promise' it's not like, bolded in text messages or whatever. It's just there so I remember to add that to the Promise section of my character sheet, and can easily find the full promise text if I need the full context.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Hot -1, Cold 2, Volatile 1, Dark -1
XP: 3/5 | Harm: 1/4 | Conditions: Insignificant, Blamed

I'll use Temptation's payoff to take a string on Wilmot, because obvs.

I nod in what I hope looks like sympathy, even as I try my best to look like I'm in pain. "... oh. I'm sorry... that's awful." Carefully, perhaps with an excess of care, I lower my voice. ".. did they get everyone? Who was, um, providing? I'm sorry to ask at a time like this, but I haven't actually found a hookup since I started school here, and it's been a while... I think it might help with pain, you know? And I... you know." I offer a half-self-effacing smile -- more of a grimace, really.

The truth is? I've never done drugs; I'm not even sure they'd do anything to me. But drugs are a good way to reach desperate people, people who are easily frightened -- in other words, easy marks. If I can find my way to that crowd, I can eat well for quite a while, all without having to contaminate my group of... potential friends?

No, I don't have friends. I shouldn't have friends. I know that much. But I can't contaminate my homeroom too badly -- it's not safe, and besides, what if there's an emergency and I need to break one of them open quickly? Better to leave them for a rainy day.

Oh, lord, I'm hungry. Wilmot's helping -- hearing his story, getting leverage on him, even if it's not being deployed now -- but it's hard not to just slam him against a locker and... show him why he shouldn't have anything to do with a girl like me.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Hot: 0 Cold: -1 Volatile: 1 Dark: 1
Harm: 1/4 Exp: 1/5 Conditions: Drained

Wow. This really means a lot to her, doesn't it? I can almost feel the emotion in her voice, and I can definitely see it in her eyes. She's got really pretty eyes... After what seems like forever I say it. "Ok." Such a small word, but right now it seems huge.

"Well, if it does come to... that, I know how to fight obviously, I'll do better at it when she's not taking me by surprise." I stop for a second, figuring out what to say next. "And I've got a... deal worked out with a guy. We uh, we help each other out with things, sometimes. I... do errand type things for him, and he... helps me out in certain ways. Usually it's simple stuff, like," I motion to my face and make a few vague punching gestures, "or noticing stuff. Like the fact that there's something about right here that's making us madder than we would normally be. Something bad." I pause to swallow. Why is my throat so dry all of a sudden? "There's a few other things he says he can do, but I haven't taken him up on any of them, so I don't really know how useful they'd be."

Then I realize that I had lowered my voice and that both of us had stepped closer together so Allison could hear me. Geez we're really close right now and we're staring into each others eyes and... yeah.

(11:17:21 PM) ShootaBoy: Turn On Allison
(11:17:21 PM) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6
(11:17:23 PM) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 8 = 8
Success! Self/Promise/String?

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

XP: 4/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Yours Truly, Jealous, Liability, Unfit

He's not lying. I can see it in his eyes, hear it in his voice, feel it standing so close to him. I breathe out, releasing the pent up tension I had gathered while asking him. Or, well, most of it. The parts based around my fear of him lying. There's still some left, because we're standing so close, and he's staring at me with such intensity, and with Gabby's betrayal and dismissal, having someone close by who actually cares is worth so much to me... I want to tell him that, but I can't find the words, not when he's looking at me like that...

So I wrap my arms around Frankie in a sudden, spontaneous hug, instead.

Giving Self

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

I wrap my arms around her in return. I can hear my blood pounding in my ears as we hug. It almost feels like... like the rush you get in the ring. But not quite. This is...pleasant, not harsh and ragged like boxing. It's nice. We should get moving, but that can wait, just for a minute. I think she needs a bit of peace right now. Hell, we both do. So I just keep holding her and she keeps holding me. Everything else can wait.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Scene 3 continued:

Gabrielle: "look I'd like to talk to you." he shrugs apologetically "But these dawn fuckers scare me. You're not bad as doogooders go so I'll give you fair warning don't mess with the dawn cult." He looks about nervously and whispers barely loud enough for you to hear. "Last guy round here who tried to mess with them was a vampire. They grabbed him and staked him out for the sun. I ain't saying two words about them unless you can guarantee me serious protection." What do you do?

Pete will talk providing you can guarantee his safety or prove meaner than the Dawn cultists

Frankie:: Well there's a thing isn't it. Being hugged by a pretty girl like that. So how do you feel about finally letting out your secret to someone else? I mean strangely enough it doesn't seem to have bothered her much. But you can still feel that unnatural bubble of anger tugging at you. Doc interjects
"hugs later kid I've got an idea where we can find the guy messing with our head". He indicates a direction the opposite from where Gabrielle went. Which problem do you pursue first?

Allison: That's it? That's Frankies big secret that your father was interested in. Do you even care now that you're wrapped up his big strong arms? Still reality comes down with a bump as he lets you go. So which of the promises that you've made is most important for you to keep right now?

David: So much for that theory. Caitlin seems more interested in fiddling with her phone and then glaring at one of the other girls than she does in what you and Kara are up to. Still at least if she's doing that she's not spreading nasty rumours about you right. And then eventually she looks down her nose at the two of you and decides she's interested in what the two of you are up to what do you say?

Kara: What is it with David and Caitlin anyway? Why is he so obsessed with her having a good opinion of the two of you. Do you even care what other people think of you? What do you even think of Caitlin anyway, I mean she's your exact opposite alive rich, everyone likes her do you feel jealous of her or do you think you could be friends?

Caitlin: While half your mind is on the conversation with David you can't help but overhearing Sarah talking with some of her cronies on the team. "--Well I for one won't play if she's in charge. I don't care how rich she is she can't buy our loyalty." Sarah talks back though in a low voice "But what can we do?" the girl mutters back to her "--maybe we could just threaten to quit, Coach would have to reconsider then." What do you do?

Sharona: "I- I can't say." he says unconsciously backing away from you. "look if he finds out I ever even talked to you about this I could be in serious trouble." David says wiping the sweat from his brow, "look this dealer guy he's into way more than just weed and I don't want him mad at me any-more than my dad. So just forget I said anything ok." It's only then that you realise the two of you are alone. Everyone else is in class and there's no one to see what you do and David is already on the edge of bolting can you resist the urge to dominate him? Force him to tell you what you need to know?

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 01:10 on May 5, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Hot: 1 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: 2 | Dark: -1 | Conditions: Liar, Martyr, Yours Truly

I take a deep breath, letting it out slowly after counting to ten. It didn't help. I float up into the air, leaving a shimmering stardust trail, and look into the dumpster. Mainly, I wish I hadn't, but in the part of my mind that isn't grossed out, I spot the pizza Pete had mentioned. Briefly, as a second later a beam of light has fired from my baton, hitting the pizza and turning it into a cloud of hot mist. The bottom of the dumpster and about half a foot of road under it is gone as well, drifting up around Pete.

<godfish> shut down Pete
<godfish> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> godfish, 9+2 = 11
I'll take a string

"Put it like this Pete. If you tell me, I can guarantee that you'll be safe from me." But, since I'm the only one here -which is the correct situation to be in- I need to play both roles of good cop and bad cop here. So I wave the tip of my baton in a quick star pattern, leaving a glowing trail of magic behind, which slowly compresses down to form a small gold colored star. I toss it to Pete. "If they do come for you, break that. It'll let me know where you are and I'll come help." Me and the girls used that years ago to arrange where to meet at night. I'm pretty sure the magic should last awhile, though we never tested one after a day.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Hot: 0 | Cold: 1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: 1
Harm 1/4 Exp 0/5 Conditions: Relieved

Caitlin greets us halfheartedly, clearly paying attention to somebody behind us. After a few seconds, she gives us a a dismissive wave as she sweeps hair back behind her ear. I frown.

When David is around, she's all ears, and now she's being rude. What the hell? She's... honestly, she's the worst. Selfish. The kind of person that would ignore somebody crying for help. Like I did. I fix her with a cold gaze and keep brewing, dark thoughts returning. I can barely feel David at all. Just Caitlin and that self-righteous, smug look on her face. What a bitch.

21:03 Fergish Kara shutting Caitlin down
21:03 Fergish !r 2d6+1
21:03 Krysmbot Fergish, 9+1 = 10
21:03 Fergish blammo!
Caitlin gains a new condition: Bitch
Marking xp, taking an advance of Cold as Ice from the Vampire

I stare daggers at Caitlin, "What's going on? You're busy being a bitch."

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

XP: 5/5 | Harm: 2/4 | Conditions: Outcast

Uuuh, what is Kara doing? Did I miss something? I mean, Caitlin isn't being very nice, she's pointedly ignoring us by looking at her phone and flipping her hair - you know, the kind of ignoring where you don't actually ignore someone, but you really really let them know they're not important to you? But, that's no reason to call her a bitch, is it? Or is there something else going on, some kind of... girl thing?

Anyway, this is kind of awkward. I can't help but look at my feet, at least at the start. What am I supposed to do? I know I should back up Kara, but I don't even know what this is about and pissing off Caitlin seems like a really bad idea. "Uhhh..." What do I do? I should really stay out of this, but I can't! I step forward and... what do I say? "Haha, I'm sure Kara didn't mean it like.... that, Caitlin. Haha." Oh god, that is awful , I am awful and I feel like I want to run away or vanish into a hole in the ground. Oh, wait, did I just insult Kara, like, telling her she means one thing when clearly she meant another? I hate that!

"Uh." I scratch the back of my head and turn towards Kara, beautiful Kara. "Or maybe you did?" I can't help it, I take her hand into mine and smile at her, let her know with my eyes that I'm there for her... and then I turn my head to look at Caitlin and hold out my other hand for her to take. "I'm sure this is all just a big misunderstanding." I have to blink, my eyes go a little foggy - I really really don't want to be involved in any more fights today. Can't we just get along? I try to reach out to Caitlin - not just with my hand - but with my... eyes, my soul. She can tell there's no need to fight, right?

<nil_> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> nil_, 6+2 = 8
Promise / (symbolic) string / give self?

<nil_> David Turn On Caitlin
<nil_> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> nil_, 12+2 = 14
No mechanical effect.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Desperate, Superior, Bitch

Why does today have to be so horrible? What've I ever done to anyone to deserve this... this bullshit?!

David and Kara seem to be testing out some good cop, bad cop routine, with Kara up and calling me a bitch for absolutely no reason at all. I barely even know her, for starters, and more importantly who is SHE to call ME anything?! I am so many steps above her on the social hierarchy here. She's like... right below the night-shift janitor, and maybe above a few of the old wrestling mats they leave lying around under the bleachers? And even with her being that trivial to me, I still talked to her - and now she's decided to repay that kindness of mine with scorn and insults?

To make things worse, Sarah's apparently dead set on some sort of mutiny or strike if I'm captain, which of course means they'll be a strike or mutiny - since, if my parents expect me to be captain, I WILL be, I HAVE to be. So now I have to try and deal with that - but I can't, since Kara's decided to hate me out of nowhere, while David yet again tries to insert me into his perpetual personal passion play. He may have tried to play off her outburst, but there's no way she was joking about that.

So I have to just remain calm, talk with dignity, not let any of the whirlwind of horrible feelings and anger and confusion I've got going just beneath the surface out. I've done that every day of my life, so at least I've got a lot of practice.

<Rauri> Caitlin Hold Steady
<Rauri> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 2+1 = 3
<Rauri> why

"What do you want from me?!" I ask Kara, louder than I'd have liked. I... I can't help it. I just, I'm having a hard time dealing with all this poo poo today, and it's as if my mask's slipped. I've gone from staring at her with mute surprise to my eyes betraying emotion, my face actually looking betrayed, one hand on my chest and the other at my side. "I'm dealing with a lot of sh-stuff today, we're not friends, I don't owe you anything." Almost miserably, I stare the pair of them down. "Just leave me alone."

Rauri fucked around with this message at 03:26 on May 6, 2016

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

David's confused covering for me and Caitlin's hurt response tell me all I need to know... I totally misjudged Caitlin. And now she's looking back at me with the same hurt eyes, well, probably the same eyes I've been carrying for a while now. I balk, mostly at myself. When did you become so cruel," I ask myself.

I quickly stammer out an apology. "I... sorry, I, I thought... you liked David and were being mean to me because... well, I mean, he does keep following you around... this morning, just now... I'm really sorry, really, I didn't mean it."

Promise to be nicer to Caitlin.

I give a sideways glance at David. Why does that keep happening? Does... does David like her? I feel a sudden weight added to my heart... and then realize this is the exact same thinking that I went through this morning when I had my... outburst. I shrink... why does this keep happening to me...

Ferrosol, if Rauri and you are okay with it, Kara takes back the bitch condition. I think that's how the rules with, if you two agree it fits the narrative? Also Kara should probably lose the relieved condition for her faux pas.

Frgrbrgr fucked around with this message at 16:10 on May 6, 2016

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

XP: 0/5 | Harm: 2/4 | Conditions: Outcast

David takes the advance 'Entrenched'.

Wh-what? My arms have dropped to my side and it's like I'm freezing up. I'd say it was like there's a snake hissing in front of me and I'm not trying to move, but my eyes maniacally dart between Kara and Caitlin. First Caitlin seems to suddenly be really, actually, genuinely upset - and she looked like she didn't really care just a second ago? Is she acting? No, that's crazy. And then Kara's anger - and she really was angry, I now realize - deflates and she apologizes to Caitlin and... and she thinks this is about Caitlin being jealous?! Uuuuuuuhhhh, what, no, that's not what this is about, right? I'm just being nice to Caitlin, because she helped me earlier, but she certainly isn't into me, right? Right? I mean, I'd be kind of flattering, because Caitlin is pretty hot, but... That's not what's going on! Is it?

<nil_> David Hold Steady
<nil_> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> nil_, 5-1 = 4
MC: Hard Move.

Ahhh, I don't know! "Wh-what?" I vigorously shake my head, while looking at both of them in turn, but really, I'm just trying to see it in their eyes, that it's not true. "That's not what's going on, I mean, Caitlin wouldn't even be ever interested in me. Right? Right, Caitlin?" I look at her, pleadingly. She'll clear this up.

Oh, oh poo poo - what if Kara thinks I said that because I think I'm totally out of Caitlin's league, but I obviously think I'm not out of Kara's league so she thinks I think she's not as beautiful as Kara?! "Kara, that's not what I meant, you're, you're so great and, and..." Ugh, I can't find the words and part of me just... wants to run away! "That's not what's going on, Kara!"

nil. fucked around with this message at 16:01 on May 8, 2016

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

It's a hell of a thing. Heh, it seems like Allison and me might not be quite as much of a joke as I thought. I'm kinda torn about telling her about my thing with Doc, to be honest. She just seemed to accept it, and I'm not really sure what to make of that. I mean it's a secret for a reason, but if it's her that knows I don't think it's that bad. Before I can think too much more on that, Doc chimes in with a lead on our mystery head-fucker-wither. Look Doc, as much as I wanna get this guy, he's gonna have to wait. Right now Gabrielle needs help and I've still gotta talk to Henderson today. So no can do for now, sorry Doc.

I pull back a bit from Allison so we can look at each other, like hell I'm gonna completely let go. "As much as I like this, we should probably go find Gabrielle now, huh?"

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Scene 3 continued:

Gabrielle: "Crap I was looking forward to that Pizza," He mutters "Ok look I don't know a lot see I'm not exactly invited to all the best parties but I did happen to overhear them talking. There's some big meeting going down tonight between some Faerie highups and the dawn cult wants to gently caress with it." He shrugs "Don't ask me what they have against the Fae.But this meeting is going down at the school." "And well they've been bringing in some serious magical talent. The kind that costs real serious money not the people I'd gently caress with." "Look if you're gonna go after them don't tell em my name I have enough poo poo to worry about." What do you do now?

Frankie:: So how are you going to find her? Chicago is a big place . Or do you have some idea as to where she was going or what she was trying to do?

Caitlin: You really don't need this do you. As if you would be interested in a loser like David right. Still if you want to show Kara who's boss you could at least pretend to be interested. After all there's no way she can compete with you is there. So are you going to do so or do you have some other way to express your displeasure to her?

Kara: Hmm perhaps there's something you can do to make him not even think of looking at another girl. Do you have any idea what? You could try threatening him or if that doesn't work well theres always other means of persuasion. Nudge nudge wink wink. Or maybe you have something more important to do?

David: Well there's good news and bad news. On the one hand they're both not insulting each other. On the other they're both staring at you as if they're contemplating what do to you. Do you back off or do you stand there and take it?

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

XP: 4/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Yours Truly, Jealous, Liability, Unfit

Apparently... this is the secret that was so important for my father to find out. I'm not sure why, but at this point I don't particularly care, either. Whether it was part of some plot or just a whim, or... just his bizarre way of trying to set me up with someone, none of that matters right now. When Frankie and I let each other go, it leaves just one course of action, one promise to take care of.

"...yeah, we should. She'll probably fight us again, too, the way she is right now. Ready to pay her back, an eye for an eye style?" It'll be easy to track her, even easier than I thought, thanks to Caitlin's help. I knew she was resourceful, but not to this extent. So as soon as Frankie's ready, I'll lead the way!

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

"Well I can't say I'm looking forward to it, but I'm as ready as I'll ever be."

I really hope we can find her before she gets herself hurt, 'cause I've got a bad feeling about whatever she was so desperate to do. With any luck we'll find her in time to help her, before she gets hurt. I don't wanna think about if we don't.

"Let's go save our friend."

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

XP: 4+1/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Yours Truly, Jealous, Liability, Unfit

Save our friend... or punish the guilty. Either works as far as I'm concerned. It's not difficult to track Gabrielle down, though my pace slows as we get closer to her. I'm not sure what to expect, after all. She might be ready to attack us again on sight, for our 'own good'. Eventually, we turn into a dingy back alley, and there she is. "Gabby!" I shout. "You aren't going to run away from us, or scare us off, or get rid of us, that's a promise, so don't even try." I glare at her, stare past the body of my friend into what lies beneath, call it an aura or a soul or whatever, and when I speak, the icy bite of my words cuts into that, not the flesh.

[12:15pm] Nown: Shut Gabby down
[12:15pm] Nown: !roll 2d6+2
[12:15pm] Krysmbot: Nown, 6+2 = 8
Marking XP, will pick advance in a moment. Trading conditions, giving Gabriellle 'Marked'.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Of course there's no way she can compete with me - and doubly of course, I WILL make her pay for having insulted me. That doesn't mean I'm going to be stupid about it, though.

My mask only slipped for a second - even that much time was too long, but I'm back to my usual self now, expression aloof and aura of icy indifference present. "Well, if we're done here..." I begin, looking off across the field as if there are some very interesting conversations over there that I need to take part in.

Not giving either of them a chance to respond, I wave goodbye real quick, stating "I'll see you both later," while jogging off towards Sarah and her group. I'll putout this soccer fire first, then punish those who've wronged me. Business before pleasure, like my Parents taught me.

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

What is up with Caitlin? First she's all icy with me, then somehow she pisses off Kara so much she actually gets yelled at, and then she sounds hurt and I feel bad for her. And now? It's like we're not even there anymore, she's just leaving us as if she hadn't really been talking with us. Oh, uh, wait - I asked her to tell Kara that me and Caitlin weren't talking because, well, she was into me or anything, only Caitlin didn't actually deny that. Right? She didn't say anything about that. Did she do that intentionally?

Or...or is Caitlin into me? Uhhhhh... Did she walk away because of that?

Oh, this is confusing. But, what will Kara think? Is she thinking the same as me? I'm so caught up with what, I think, I wasn't paying enough attention to who is really important: my beautiful Kara. In those very fitting soccer shorts...

I turn towards her, take one of her hands into mine - out of concern and affection and that other thing. What is she thinking, I wonder? "That was a bit weird." Her eyes are so pretty. Can I see my own reflected in hers? Or just that deep, raw thing that makes her, well, the most remarkable girl at school? "Kara..."

I'm not sure what I want to say. No, that's not true, I do know. I just have to... do it. "Kara, do you want to...do something together after school? We can hang out and..." I pull back the hand I only now notice has almost touched her hair. "Here, there's always someone watching, listening..." I turn sour for just a moment. "... someone who wouldn't understand..." I smile again. "... and I'd like to be close to... uh, to be able to talk with you more."

<nil_> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> nil_, 7+2 = 9
+1 from True Love for a result of 10.
No mechanical effect.

nil. fucked around with this message at 08:32 on May 12, 2016

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

David sputters out a response while Caitlin goes back to her controlled self and takes off. I shudder, still reeling from the thought of David... betraying me. And then before I can even think more about it, he's right next to me, reaching for my hand, reaching for my hair, trying to hold me, trying to comfort me, trying to... convince me to hang out with him after school... alone... and I can just see it now, him and me, like we were in the training room, holding each other... kissing... more...

I sob a bit. This is all too much... and I'm still not sure why David keeps going to Caitlin! Or other girls for that matter, like he was when he was talking to Gabrielle. What did he say to her to make her attack him? It's all so, so hard to process and this is way too hard for me to even think about and all I wanted from today was just to go home and have a nice dinner with my mom and watch Netflix.

I pull my hand away from David's, pull my head away from his reach, and take a step back. I look at David through pained eyes. I want to believe him... but I'm not sure I can. He seems to really like me, but he also keeps looking at me with those eyes... there's a brightness to them, yes, but also a hunger... something more primal... and dark. I pull back even more, hugging myself, suddenly aware of a chill in the air, of the hard wind blowing around me, throwing my hair around. "I... I don't know..."

I start looking for a way out of here.

fyi nil_, might Run Away next post... if you want to grab Kara to stop her, roll it up!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Hot: 1 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: 2 | Dark: -1 | Conditions: Liar, Martyr, Yours Truly, Marked

I give Pete a long cold glare, but he doesn't spill anymore beans so I'm pretty sure he doesn't have any more to spill. Which leaves me at a bit of a dead end here. They're planning something at the school, at night. So I don't have much to do until then. "Won't say a word Pete. Thanks as always." I turn to go, then pause for a second. "Oh right, the dead raccoon is two blocks down three to the right. Can't miss it." Then I soar out of the alleyway, and land in another.

I need to think about this. I haven't dealt with the Fae at all, so frankly I don't know if I should be fussed about saving them, but ambushing the magical muscle they're bringing in would be good for both saving people from the kind of person willing to be magical muscle for hire, and to get a better lead information to work off of. So what to do in the meantime? Guess I can try to figure out what Frankie has going on.

I pull my phone out and take a look at the messages. I dunno why Caitlin cares about me not getting in trouble for skipping, but whatever, gift horses, mouths, not counting teeth. As for Allison... I let out a long sigh.

@Caitlin posted:

thanks a lot!

@Allison posted:

lol
how r u going to find me anyway?
worse than what u not dying oh noo
thats a good argument

Approximately five seconds after I hit send, Allison rounds the corner into the alley, followed by Frankie. Great.

And I'm transformed still, sitting on the air a few feet above the garbage can I was using as a 'seat'. Extra great.

"poo poo, you loving idiot Allison! You just had to bring Frankie along didn't you?" I glare at the pair of them, but mostly Allison. "How the hell did you even find me?" No point running right now, someone is spying on me, obviously, to know where I went. Pete might be hosed, but oh well about that. One thing at a time. The cat's out of the bag with Frankie, so I might as well pull his cat kicking and screaming out of his bag. I fly up into the air a few feet higher and stab my scepter at the alley behind them, forming a shimmering wall of light to block off the path, then I lower back down to the ground.

<godfish> shut down Frankie
<godfish> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> godfish, 6+2 = 8
Giving Frankie the condition Trapped
Giving Allison the condition Trapped back as well

"Right Allison, Frankie tells the truth and I won't try any of that here. So, Frankie. Do you know that you have something tagging along on you?"

Marking exp from Lure for the various promises being made via communication with Allison this scene.

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

Kara is...sobbing? And she's pulling away from me, from my hand, she doesn't even want to hold my hand? Wh-what? My face drops and with a brutal suddenness, my world shrinks to just the two of us - or is it really just me? - and I feel miserable. "Kara, what.." My hands move towards here by their own, but I hold them back. But should I? "Kara, what's the matter?"

My mind is racing, where did it all go wrong? One moment we were so close, and then... then there was that thing with Caitlin. "Is this about Caitlin? I just thought.." I pull myself up because I finally have an idea what this may be about. It's obvious in hindsight, really. "If she really was a bitch to you, I'm sorry I said otherwise, I just thought you didn't mean what you said." I shake my head at myself. "But that's just stupid, of course you did." In reality, I do not really want to get involved in some girl spat stuff, but I have to be there for Kara, right? "I'll help you get back at her, if you want." I try to smile reassuringly, but I guess she can tell I am not a 100% into this.

"I just thought that us two being together... I mean, talking, in the training room, it was nice, and I thought you also thought it was nice and..." Oh dammit, I hold out my hand for her to hopefully take again. I can't help myself. Because I want to comfort her and I want to know she's not mad at me and I want to feel her cold bare skin against mine and want to imagine that with all of our bodies and, erm. "...it'd be nice to have that and not... having to look over our shoulders because someone might pop in any minute. You know?"

Oh. I just thought of something. Oh! "Or... do you already have something else planned?" Something with somebody else? I try to keep the hint of disappointment out of my voice, but I don't think I manage. "That's. .. that's cool too. Well. " I smile. "I'd still rather have you spent the time with me, but..." I grin and shrug, to show it's no big thing, although it kind of would be.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Harm: 1/4 Exp: 1/5 Conditions: Drained Trapped

"Don't call her a loving idiot! Jesus Gabrielle, why are you being such a fuckin' bbbbb...BUTT today! All we've done is try to fuckin' help you!" Giving Gabrielle the condition Butt.

Then she goes and turns this into an interrogation of me, god she is dead set on being an... rear end in a top hat. Well it's already out of the bag once, so gently caress it, but I'm not gonna play by her rules. We're getting some goddamn answers too!

"No, uh uh. You're not fuckin' turning this around, we're going back and forth here, both of us are gonna get some loving answers! Yes, I know I have a little something extra. Your turn, what exactly are you? Honestly."

Be ready Doc, something tells me I might owe you a bit pretty soon. I really hope it doesn't come to that though.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Harm 1/4 Exp 1/5 Conditions: Relieved

David continues, trying not to move close but I can tell that he wants to. He rambles a bit about Caitlin, working out... entirely the wrong thing. "You want to... help me get back at her? What kind of person do you think I am?!" I shake my head, he really doesn't know me at all. I knew this was wrong, from the beginning, I should have trusted that feeling. He doesn't know me, even if he does know what I am. But that's just... that's just what's happened to me. It's not all of me... at least, I don't want it to be. I want to be... more. Whole. Not just a person that... doesn't exist.

David interrupts my thought process, this time talking about back in the training room. He clearly wants some alone time with me... isn't this enough? Why does he always want to be alone? He keeps asking for it... and I suddenly realize that... maybe he that's all he wants. Maybe that really is all he sees... a dead girl. He doesn't know me, he never reached out before I died. And now that I have... he's interested? He just wants me because I died. He just wants me for himself. He's just like Ed.

17:26 Ferg Kara going through some Unresolved Trauma
17:26 Ferg !r 2d6+1
17:26 Krysmbot Ferg, 3+1 = 4
17:26 Ferg why
Giving David the Blamed condition anyway with a String

The thought stops me cold, and I suddenly see David for who he really is. A complete stranger... only he knows my secret. He's the most dangerous person in the world to me. And then, he accuses me of liking somebody else? God... he's... the worst. I just shake my head. How could I have... liked him... even for a moment? Suddenly, I feel sick just looking at him. I need to get away... far away from David. I turn and run.

17:33 Ferg Kara run away
17:33 Ferg !r 2d6-1
17:33 Krysmbot Ferg, 6-1 = 5
17:33 Ferg fart
Guess I run but don't get away from David?
Marking experience

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

XP: 2/5 | Harm: 2/4 | Conditions: Outcast, Blamed

Kara start's talking and it right away hits me like a dagger slowly being pushed into my side: I screwed up. I did, said something wrong. She asks me what kind of person I think she is, after I suggested helping her get back at Caitlin, but, but, isn't that what she wanted? "Kara, I thought, I thought you were upset because I didn't have your back again Caitlin, and, and..." I sputter out, because Kara is looking at me with such contempt it squeezes the air out of my lungs, makes me freeze in place.

What did I do to deserve this? I try to be nice, to Kara, to Caitlin, even after everyone else today has been so lovely to me, and this is how I get treated? They're all such...such assholes! I wish I could make them feel, make them understand how they make me feel! But they don't care about that, they only care about themselves and the petty, unimportant stuff that's in their littlearning heads and... and...

Kara looks so miserable. The pain is so plain upon her face it makes my heart hurt... and makes my heart beat faster. How could I have been so selfish? This shouldn't be about me at least not only, this should be about Kara. My beautiful, hurt Kara. What am I saying about people not understanding me? She's the one that needs someone to understand her, to share her pain with. She's just... confused, lashing out - just like I just thought of. She didn't mean to hurt me - and even if she did, I will forgive her. What else could I do?

Marking XP via Excuses Are My Armour.

She's actually struggling to get away from me - are people looking? You know, I don't care. Only Kara is important right now. She almost trips and without thinking, I steady her with my hand - and then pull it back again, even though it almost physically pains me. I move in front of her, hopefully far away enough to not threaten her... but close enough so she could hit me. I wouldn't care, maybe I'd deserve it. I search for her eyes, try to make her look at me - even though she won't look at me like she did in the training room again. "Kara, I'm so sorry, I... You're right. I don't really know you. But I thought, with Caitlin, you wouldn't lay into her like that, so that's why I told her you didn't mean what you said. Because... you're a good person." I throw back my head, shake it at myself. "I'm so stupid, to have thought that wasn't true."

But what is true is that I don't know her. Not really. I mean, nobody really knows me, but I'm not... undead. "I want to understand you, Kara. I really do." I pause. "I think I may be the only one." I'm not sure what I mean with that - am I the only one trying to understand her? The only one who ever can? And then it hits me. Man, I am stupid! I'll just have to... do that thing that told me how special Kara was in the first place. Then she'll see, that I am the one to understand her. I focustomers on her eyes, smile, and try to... see, make it light time freezes and there is just us, and her beautiful eyes.

nil: David Gaze
nil: !r 2d6+1
Krysmbot: nil, 3+1 = 4
Question: What is driving Kara''s pain?
MC: Hard Move.
Marking XP from highlighted stat Dark.

Instead of any of that, I get dizzy and almost sick, dropping onto one knee and holding my stomach as if Gabrielle had kicked me again.

nil. fucked around with this message at 19:19 on May 13, 2016

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

XP: 0+1/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Yours Truly, Jealous, Liability, Unfit, Trapped

Going to be boring and use my advance on 'Better Than Nothing', which grants me 1XP everytime I mark a Condition. So +1 from Trapped!

"I already know about Frankie," I say, continuing to glare. "He's already told me the truth, because he trusts me. I didn't have to do anything to him, he just told me. But we're here because of you. If you didn't do everything you could to avoid treating us like your friends, none of this would have happened, don't you get that? This is your fault! Stop trying to pass the blame to other people!"

AdjectiveNoun fucked around with this message at 01:40 on May 17, 2016

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Scene 3

note: this is the last set of prompts of this scene* so if you have anything you need to to finish off, do it now.

Allison: Well that told her. For a moment you almost seemed to be getting through to her about trust and promises. But no she's more interested in doing things her way and not asking for or accepting help. How are you going to demonstrate to her what the consequences are of refusing help?

Frankie: Well there's a thing, looks like you're not the only one with an extra bit of supernatural assistance. Apparently Gabrielle is some sort of superheroine or something. And worse she knows all about you and Doc, Speaking of which what does Doc advise you to do to her? What are you actually going to do instead?

Gabrielle: So your suspicions about Frankie seem to have been correct. He does have a tagalong who is providing extra help. So which is the bigger threat Frankie right in front of you now? or the Dawn cult lurking in the background somewhere waiting for you in the future? What do you think about Allisons argument about trust anyway?

Caitlin: As you jog up towards the other girls of course showing yourself off in your perfectly tailored PE kit they stop talking and turn to look at you. Sarah sneers at you "Well if it isn't little Miss Perfect trying to buy sporting success the way she's bought everything else." Do you think that's a fair assessment of your achievements? What do you do to show off to them that you deserve the position you've been given?

David: All thoughts of Kara are forgotten as you slump to the floor. Ugh you do feel really woozy. Maybe it's your injuries catching up with you from earlier. Who is it who asks if you are ok? What do you say to them?

David gains the condition Dizzy

Kara: As you try to get away a crushing realisation hits you. It's all your fault you lead David on let him think that there was something more than there actually was. It's all your fault if you'd just told him no in the first place. If you'd just made it clear you weren't interested.... But now now it's too late and you're left running away again from a problem you've created. As you come to an involuntary halt you notice that your feet are not touching the ground. Who notices and what do they do when they realise there's something off about you?

Kara gains the condition Blamed

*there may be one more if needed but that's the plan

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Hot: 1 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: 2 | Dark: -1 | Conditions: Liar, Martyr, Yours Truly, Marked, Butt

"What's my fault? The only problem here is you two decided to drag yourselves into the middle of of a magic gang war or something!" I turn my glare back to Frankie, crossing my arms as I float a couple inches off the ground in front of him. "Right, Allison already showed you so whatever, I'm a Magical Girl, like uh... Sailor Moon or whoever. Moving on. What do you know about it then? Do you know it's evil?" Evil isn't exactly the right word for it, but it isn't anything good, and that's about all I know about it. The Dawn Cult is definitely the bigger problem here, but Frankie is right in front of me and I can't do anything about the Dawn Cult until tonight, so Frankie it is right now.

I lower myself the rest of the way to the ground, maybe Allison has a point, we get all lovey trusting dovy friendly and maybe he'll tell me without having to beat it out of him. "Right, okay, obviously we started this off wrong. We're friends, you two want to help me, you both know my secret, lots of trust everywhere, so lets hear what you know Frankie?" I flash Frankie an eminently fake smile. Well, maybe it only seemed fake to me, since I was faking it. The subtle glowing aurora of magic around me might make it a bit harder for people to tell who aren't used to it.

<godfish> turn on frankie
<godfish> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> godfish, 6+1 = 7

GodFish fucked around with this message at 03:34 on May 16, 2016

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

So I don't know what a magical girl is exactly, but I'm pretty sure I've got the general idea. If the name is accurate anyway. "Well there ya go kid, got yer answer at last. Now look, I know she's like your friend and all, and that you've got a bit of a thing for her," I don- "but you need to step careful around her now. I've heard a few things that have happened in my usual circles, and this is the missing piece that makes some of those things make a whole lotta sense. And none of those things I've heard end well for people like us. So keep your guard up." Well poo poo. Earlier today I woulda told you you're being ridiculous. That Gabrielle is my friend, that she wouldn't hurt me. Now though... now I'm not so sure.

So Doc says to be on my guard... well gently caress that. I've been on the defensive all goddamn day and I'm just about sick of it. Now it's my turn to learn somebody's secret poo poo. Doc I'm gonna distract her for a bit, I need you to take advantage of that and see if you can find me something on her. Alright? "Gutsy move. I'm on it kid." Giving Doc a String to use Uncanny Voices on Gabrielle. Godfish, reveal one of her secret fears, secret desires, or secret strengths, your choice.

Turning my full attention to Gabrielle I'm thrown off a bit when she smiles at me like that. I mean, I still have absolutely no feelings for her, she's just a friend, but yeah. A-anyway, I need to answer her, so Doc can work. Giving Gabrielle what he thinks she wants, an explanation.

"Honestly, yeah he's probably not the best thing, but I think evil is stretching it a bit. Even though I don't use most of what he can do for me, he's still been a huge help. He's good with advice and he's a hell of a lot more perceptive than I am. He picks up on things I never woulda even considered. Like did either of you know that Sharona has a thing for David? Cause I sure didn't. He also helps me not look like a drat meat monster for three months after every fight. Just useful things like that."

I toss my arms out to my sides in the international gesture for pleading/exasperation. "So there you go, you know about my thing. Now it's your turn to tell us what's up."

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 05:08 on May 16, 2016

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Hot -1, Cold 2, Volatile 1, Dark -1
XP: 4/5 | Harm: 1/4 | Conditions: Insignificant, Blamed

You know what? gently caress it. Even now, half-crazed, I've been trying to play it straight, and I'm sick of it. I've got the leverage, and I intend to use it. "Look," I say, slowly stepping towards Wilmot and trying to force him into a corner, "it'll be a secret, okay? I won't tell anyone. But... you have to understand. I'm sick. Real sick, and nothing the doctors will give me works... takes away the pain. I need this, David." (I try not to shiver, saying that sentence, that name. That's a fight I can't win, I know, even now, but... but...)

"... you gotta help me, okay? Maybe not with this guy. But... I can't deal anymore. You don't know how much I need something like this." I keep walking, slowly, slowly, until he's against the wall. Then I grab his hand and squeeze, not too hard, but hard enough. "And if you're my best hope... please don't let me down." My voice goes hard and cold, and his hand is so warm in mine that I suspect he must feel the chill of my body along with my words. Nothing I'm saying is a lie, and maybe that'll scare the poo poo out of him, like I need it to.

Shut Down Wilmot (+1, pursuing feeding): 2d6+3 8
Giving him the condition "terrified" because NEED TO FEED, DUDE. He gets to apply one back
Marking XP for Cold

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Before I reach Sarah, I send a quick text. No sense in being rude to one of my few real friends here, after all.

txt to Gabby posted:

No problem :) Would you like to hang out with me later tonight? I might have a bit of freetime.

Putting my phone back into my tailored gym-shorts right as I finish jogging up to Sarah and her little gang, it seems as if she's taking me showing up about as well as I thought she would. Someone needs to teach Sarah there's no real sense in being so overtly hostile, it's unattractive and crass. Especially to someone like me, who didn't ask to be Soccer Team Captain. I manage to listen with a straight face while she accuses me of having bought my successes - unfair and unfounded, of course. I have worked so, so hard, every single day of my life, to please my parents. Honestly, the reason I'm as successful as I am is because I know what'll become of me if I'm not...

After she's finished her barrage of insults, all of which I'd be fully justified to have her socially crucified for, I smile anyways. "I understand how you feel - I do, it's totally unfair I'm team captain. I don't even really want to be," I confess, though she probably just thinks its false modesty or a lie. It doesn't matter, I'm not done convincing her. "But... I mean, it's happened. So either you can get mad about it, quit soccer your senior year and lose any hope of a scholarship, or you can let me make this whole thing up to you - to smooth things out, and make sure we're all friends again."

I bet they're interested. Most mortals are when I start handing gifts out, especially when I'm so overt about it. "Just tell me what you want Sarah, what your friends want, and I can probably get it for you..."

<Rauri> Manipulate Sarah aka going to fail with a +3
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 7+3 = 10
<ShootaBoy> victory!
<Rauri> oh my god Caitlin succeeded at something
Asking her what she wants her boon to be and then offering it to her + she thinks its her idea and not Caitlin's.
If you want to have Caitlin grant her the boon as part of her prompt, she takes Yours Truly + Gains both the boon and an advantage against the next PC to act against her.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 05:52 on May 16, 2016

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Harm 1/4 Exp 1/5 Conditions: Relieved, Blamed

God, how did this all go so wrong? David keeps advancing on me, staring at me, trying to convince me... to give in to him, to let him close. I look deep into his eyes... but they are still so new and unfamiliar. I don't know David, I don't know what he wants with me. And he doesn't know me, which he's finally starting to understand. I look away for a second, then turn back to him, tears welling up in my eyes. Luckily, most of the students are now in the center of the field, leaving David alone. Probably in now small part due to our scene from this morning. I sigh. "Of course you don't know me!" I say aggressively, "We've never even hung out together! You don't know anything about me. You don't know my mom..."

I blink away tears, "You don't know... you don't know how I died... or who killed me... or anything," I say with a shudder, and then through gritted teeth, "You know I'm dead... but that's not all I am!"

I spin and bolt, running across the field back to the locker room. With all hope, David will finally leave me alone. How... how did I even let it get this way? It's all my fault for even... giving in. For letting David expose myself.

As I run, I pass close by where Caitlin is talking to Sarah. I stop for a moment, pausing to consider. Should I apologize? Should I... I don't know, offer to make it up to her? I really didn't mean what I said, I hope she doesn't take it too harshly. I look down at my feet as I consider...

...wait a moment. I'm... not touching the ground. I throw my arms out suddenly, the motion sending me off balance and I topple to the ground. I look up frantically, searching for anybody that could have seen. Nope... nobody... and then I meet the eyes of Caitlin, who is staring back at me. Did she see?! I scramble to my feet, taking off again. God, how did it get this bad?!

Rauri, Caitlin totally saw

Frgrbrgr fucked around with this message at 23:25 on May 16, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Hot: 1 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: 2 | Dark: -1 | Conditions: Liar, Martyr, Yours Truly, Marked, Butt

“She what?” Sharona and David? Seriously? Hang on, focus here Gabrielle. “So… ‘he’ isn’t possessing you or making you do things? Do you know who or what he is?” If Frankie isn’t lying -and I don’t think he is, Frankie doesn’t seem like the kind of person who’d lie to me OR try and abuse the power- whatever it is seems pretty benign as far as… shadowy presences. Still though, it feels wrong to me. I don’t know how to get at it though, and I’m not going to fry Frankie to death to try and drive the spirit out. It’ll have to wait until I can find out more.

“I fight monsters. It’s dangerous so I can’t let you two tag along. As for ‘whats up,’” I trace the air quotes with my fingers this time, “there’s some evil cult in town that I can’t find who probably killed my friend and they’ve brought in a mage to attack some gathering, and I don’t know where that person is either.”

Gabrielle is afraid she’ll be responsible for the death of another one of her friends.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

XP: 1+1/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Yours Truly, Jealous, Liability, Unfit, Trapped

I know exactly what to do to show her the consequences; to show her we're not to be taken lightly, to show her that she needs to be careful with what she says. I just need one thing first, one thing to make this magic happen.

When I threatened her by saying I'd tell people she was a magical girl, she told me nobody would believe me. Stated it as a fact. I only take my eyes off her so I can look at Frankie, see what he feels. He believes. That's all I need. I bend my knees slightly and hiss "Let me show you what dangerous is," before I pounce at her.

I'm far nimbler than I would normally be capable of - but I'm fueled by righteous vengeance! "Dangerous is attacking your friends!" I say as the first blow connects with her cheek. "Dangerous is lying to them, treating them like they're worthless!" accompanies a second fist to her gut. "Dangerous is thinking you can do what you want and you'll never face consequences!" I finish as I shove her against a wall, fist still raised. "Is this dangerous enough for you!?"

Taking a string on Gabrielle for broken promise. Mark XP for seeking vengeance for it

[6:59pm] Nown: Lashing Out at Liar Gabrielle
[6:59pm] Nown: !roll 2d6
[6:59pm] Krysmbot: Nown, 12 = 12
Taking another string on her. Scales have been balanced, leaving Darkest Self!

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

There it is, finally out in the open. Gabrielle fights monsters. I mean, I kinda figured that part out already, but the confirmation is nice to have. I'm about to respond when Allison flips the gently caress out and pops her one! I quickly move forward and pull her off of Gabrielle while shouting, "Jesus gently caress, can we please stop beating the crap out of each other today!?!" I think this counts as coming to Gabrielle's rescue.

While I'm dragging Allison back, Doc chimes in. "Feisty one ya found kid. Anyway, looks like Pigtails there is scared of getting another one of her friends killed." Well poo poo, that kinda explains a few things, but it also raises like, twenty other questions. gently caress it, those can wait. Actually they have to wait, since I'm not supposed to know this. Back to the situation at hand, once I'm certain Allison is under control I go and check on Gabrielle.

"Hey are you alright? Please don't kick my rear end again for trying to help you up. It kinda sucked last time." Geez Allison got her good with that first punch, it's already red and starting to swell. Finally, something I can fix. I dig around in my pack for a minute before I find what I'm looking for, my medical kit. It's nothing big or fancy, just a basic box with a latch that I fill with stuff to take care of any training injuries. I pop it open and grab the ice pack. I give it a crack and a good shake to get it working before pressing it on Gabrielle's cheek. "Hold it there for a few minutes ok? It'll make it not swell up so much." Giving Gabrielle first aid, healing one harm.

With that taken care of, I back off and leave her leaning against the wall. I make sure to keep myself in between the two of them, I'm pretty sure Allison is cool now, but I was also pretty sure today was gonna be normal and look how that went. "Anyway," I say, looking between the two of them, "no, he's not possessing me, and I don't do anything for him I don't want to. It's like that uh... that thing, the quid whatever thing. He helps me, I help him and the other way around." I pause for a second and think, trying to phrase my next words right.

"Gabrielle, I know you're worried about us, but I think we know what it is we're getting into with you. I know that I can handle myself, maybe not quite as well as you can, but I'm not some pushover. I'm not gonna let you go out there on your own, I couldn't take knowing that one of my friends was fighting and I wasn't doing my damnedest to help them. We went through all this poo poo because we want to help you, so let us. Please."

"Also no more hitting. From anyone." I give both girls a look that hopefully shows how tired I am of this crap.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

The first blow empties my head, the second fills it up with anger, and the shove against the wall drains that away, leaving a bit of fear, how did she get this strong? I move to push her off me, but shove the air as Frankie is already pulling her off me. I sag down against the wall, and by the time Frankie is back, all my emotions have sunk down to mix in the bottom of my gut, leaving me mostly filled with just pain.

Leaving Darkest Self

“Thanks.” I take the ice pack gratefully, holding it in place to my cheek and glare over Frankie’s shoulder at Allison. “what the gently caress? That’s how you want to show we’re friends? At least I had a reason for keeping you away, you bitch!” I want to punch her, kick her, make her hurt back, but my body hurts too much for that. Even with the magic around me, everything just aches.

gently caress this.” If I’m going to do anything about the attack tonight, I need to get better, which means some proper bandages on and get some sleep. Actually, if Frankie’s shadow thing isn’t evil… He did mention it could heal him up. I step forward and grab Frankie by the arm and jump into the air, soaring up and over the glowing light wall, leaving Allison trapped behind it.

<godfish> run waay from trapped Allison
<godfish> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> godfish, 8+3 = 11

It’ll fade away in a bit, but by then I’ll be long gone. Running hurts too much, even magically aided, so I fly low over the buildings, fast enough that the wind is keeping us from having a chance to talk, until I’ve gotten back home. No car in the driveway, but even so, I fly up to my bedroom window and push it open, then toss Frankie (gently) onto my bed and land down next to him. It would have been a graceful landing, but as I do, pain twinges up from my stomach to where Allison hit me in the back of the head earlier, and I end up just falling on top of him, groaning.

The room seems to darken for a moment as the magic around me fades away, leaving me in my normal casual school clothes. “poo poo.” I reach down and pull up my shirt to get a look at my stomach, it’s read, but not bruising yet at least. “Can your friend do anything to help with this? It’d go a long way to convincing me he’s not a problem.”

It’s right at this point that I realize I’m half laying half leaning on top of Frankie, in my bed, with my shirt pulled halfway off.

<godfish> turn on Frankie
<Rauri> that first clause, technically, since the whole thing is one sentence
<godfish> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> godfish, 9+1 = 10
<godfish> hahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

So one second we're in the alley and Gabrielle is yelling at Allison, so much for my power of friendship speech, and then I'm flyingthroughthefuckingairaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

And then we're in her bedroom. On her bed. With her on top of me. Oh hey and her shirts like halfway off. Huh. That's a thing.

Oh she said something. What was it? Oh. She wants to know if Doc can help with her other injuries.

"Umm, not really." The voice that comes out is basically a squeak. "Most of his stuff only works on me." I gulp. "Uh sorry."

Oh geez Frankie, how in the gently caress do you get yourself into these situations? How on earth did today start out with some accidental come ons, and end up with what seems like half the girls in school seemingly being interested in you? And then this. I'm so torn right now. There's part of me saying that she's my friend and you don't just do that outta nowhere with friends, that it kills friendships. Another part keeps talking about whatever Allison and me are right now, and how I need to figure that out.

And then there's that little part that tells me to kiss her. That I like her. But I-I don't, not like that! She's just a friend! Why does everybody keep thinking that way? Doc, David, the rest of the class probably. She's just a friend, honestly!

(11:57:14 PM) ShootaBoy: Turn On Gabrielle
(11:57:14 PM) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6
(11:57:16 PM) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 11 = 11
(11:57:20 PM) ShootaBoy: oh really!
(11:57:23 PM) ShootaBoy: NOW KRYSM
(11:57:26 PM) ShootaBoy: REALLY

I kiss her.

• Locked thread