Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Wtf i never do any writing

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Oh sorry i thought yoi foind my schedule

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Hey, I had the same dinner as Thompson tonight.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Isaac posted:

Oh sorry i thought yoi foind my schedule

There needs to be a bogan version of that schedule written.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Lolie posted:

There needs to be a bogan version of that schedule written.

Ill go spend 24 hours with my mate damaz and document it and itll be alot longer and probably more intense

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
This is like the one thing I didn't respect about him. Way too much cocaine and scotch, not NEARLY enough grass and bourbon. I mean come the gently caress on? What year is it? 1970?

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Well at least he got 7 hours of sleep. And maybe saw the sunrise before he went to bed.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
11:42:12 am: baccy bong
11:42:40 : baccy bong
11:42:59 : baccy bong
11:43:50 : drank half a bottle of vodka in one drink
11:44:25 : "oh sick theres some buds left"
11:44:50 : baccy bong (editors note: appears to have forgotten about the buds already)

Xenoid
Dec 9, 2006
Never understood how he could eat so much food.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Isaac posted:

Ill go spend 24 hours with my mate damaz and document it and itll be alot longer and probably more intense

Fear and Loathing bogan style.

Xenoid posted:

Coke tends to encourage excess in all things.

Lolie fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Apr 9, 2016

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Glad to see he's using the vitamin C from that grapefruit to extend and enhance his trip on LSD. Wouldn't want to waste it!

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Xenoid posted:

Do a couple of rails and report back in 12 hours with your newfound understanding. Do NOT attempt hunter s thompson levels of rails. You will go broke and die.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
My frienda are all alcoholics nearly at my level and we're forever going to the shops to go buy just 2 more bottles of vodka and it repeats all day

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Forum cheer squad sez: "Cheer the fuck up your avatar is depressing you left-wing commie ass-smoker. For fuck's sake. Jessus."
The best little detail is "the plate of tomatoes" with his daily lunch

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Isaac posted:

My frienda are all alcoholics nearly at my level and we're forever going to the shops to go buy just 2 more bottles of vodka and it repeats all day

One of the shittiest things about the ban on take away alcohol sales after 10 pm is no longer being able to go and get more alcohol when you realise the case of bourbon you bought at 8.30 is not going to be the last one you'll need for the night. We always used to manage to squeak in just before midnight but apparently we're incapable of getting our poo poo together to get to the bottle shop by 10.

Xenoid
Dec 9, 2006

Nathilus posted:

Do a couple of rails and report back in 12 hours with your newfound understanding. Do NOT attempt hunter s thompson levels of rails. You will go broke and die.

Cocaine doesn't work on my brain. ADHD. I could eat half of what he had for lunch.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
lmao ive seen a man an eight ball over an hour and a half deep double fisting chinese food

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Xenoid posted:

Cocaine doesn't work on my brain. ADHD. I could eat half of what he had for lunch.

I've seen people eat that amount on the way home after a night on the booze.

Notice it was also really his only meal for the day.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Xenoid posted:

Not too huge a loss tbh

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
bullshit. you cant do the same amount of acid every day and still get high

imagine being huntners kid and seeing your dad stumbling through the kitchen to the bedroom as youre eating cereal. no wonder his kids were so ambivalent about his suicide.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

cumshitter posted:

imagine being huntners kid and seeing your dad stumbling through the kitchen to the bedroom as youre eating cereal. no wonder his kids were so ambivalent about his suicide.

I did a maybe 3 or 4 day acid bender and toward the end i was upping the dose. I dont remember if i was just imagining toleramce cause its pretty hard to tell whats what eventually

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

cumshitter posted:

Insane as his drug use really was, and especially his benders, I thought it was pretty well established that he used to both exaggerate it himself and deliberately ham it up whenever people were riding along for "a day in the life of HST" type stories.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

hunter s thompson is basically any and every goon and is thus enveloped by history as being ahead of his time, but otherwise un-noteworthy

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i take it back he got fired into space, thats cool and worth an asterix

otherwise have any of you tried to read any of his poo poo? good lord

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

FuhrerHat posted:

Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas and The Rum Diary are decent enough, even if you don't care about Nixon or politics. Probs why they made movies of those two

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

FuhrerHat posted:

idiot

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

FuhrerHat posted:

Some of his stuff is really good. I like The Great Shark Hunt because it includes some of his more serious work. I'm not a huge fan of the stuff which is mostly about himself and found Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas even more terrible as a movie than it was as a book.

Read Strange Rumblings in Aztlan some time. It's one of his finest works and, ironically, the story which was the reason behind the infamous trip to Las Vegas.

Lolie fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Apr 9, 2016

cent0r
Feb 19, 2007

Lolie posted:

Some of his stuff is really good. I like The Great Shark Hunt because it includes some of his more serious work. I'm not a huge fan of the stuff which is mostly about himself and found Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas even more terrible as a movie than it was as a book.

Read Strange Rumblings in Aztlan some time. It's one of his finest works and, ironically, the story which was the reason behind the infamous trip to Las Vegas.

Ohh I loving hate this book so I'm going to watch the movie as well to fuel my hate.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
Motherfucker was so cool he had Hollywood a listers delivering him kilos of coke on private jets

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

cent0r posted:

Ohh I loving hate this book so I'm going to watch the movie as well to fuel my hate.

Nah, how good or bad a movie is usually has little to do with how good or bad the work on which it is based was.

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014

Lolie posted:

One of the shittiest things about the ban on take away alcohol sales after 10 pm is no longer being able to go and get more alcohol when you realise the case of bourbon you bought at 8.30 is not going to be the last one you'll need for the night. We always used to manage to squeak in just before midnight but apparently we're incapable of getting our poo poo together to get to the bottle shop by 10.

I had a supermarket about 20 feet from my front door and I used to go down at about 9:55 to get my stuff. Gotta be careful with that poo poo. You can be in line and if the clock hits 10pm you're hosed. My friends say to go at 9:30, but they are weak and know nothing.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Gotta respect a man who can still shoot a gun straight on all those drugs

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial

dont know if this is blank for just me or not thanks radium but here is a link to the picture

http://i1.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article1148224.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Hunter-S-Thompson.jpg

its showing up now that i changed it from [img] to [timg] and then edited it twice

drunk dog fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Apr 9, 2016

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHeSC_Ws5Ic

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
gotta try the HST 'snow cone' this summer, bet its p tasty on a nice hot day

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNEImAIM4L4

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Isnt that article or whatever known to be a joke or made up or something? hosed up if true

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Man that's a lot of cocaine, he should consider cutting back or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bikesonyx
Oct 9, 2014

• Locked thread