Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Grid Nótt

Obviously, what the goblins needed was a good stiff drink. That'd chill them out.

It did not chill them out. Why did Grid think that? It doesn't chill her out, at least not until she's at least a full jug to the wind on stacked debuffs. Speaking of which, that's how she was in everybody else ran across this sorry scene.

"Lul.", she says, still sitting down where she is. "Oh, ah, hey, join the party!", she starts, waving over to Sephilia cheerfully, seemingly heedless of the spreading fire. "It's... okay, everybody's /dancing-", she starts, before the shaking begins. Putting her hand to her head, she looks at her drink, as if blaming it for the sudden shift of the earth.

Going to use a use of alcohol for drunk: sense / vigor: blood. Two giant-sized uses = six uses for most purposes right now, so that's down to five.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Grid Nótt

Grid doesn't move easily, but she's pulled up more by Sephilia's words than her tugs. She has a frown as she looks down at her legs, apparently not thrilled with her new posture, and looks past the goblins and the fire, as if they weren't even concerns for her. "I'm up now.", she says, with the sour subtext of and there better be a good reason for it. Looking vaguely over to Luc1na's direction, it seems like she might even be listening before looking over to Vivi's assertion. Yes, she's listening, but how much is she receiving?

Lifting her chin, she states firmly. "Id gaff.", she retorts firmly to the arcanist, and starts to march in the direction of the rumbling, heedless of the goblins or the flames. As she comes near them, some of them launch themselves at her. Lifting her foot high, she quickly slams it down into the earth, red energy spiking up through cracks in the ground, searing them for a halting moment before launching their suddenly red-hot pieces across the landscape. Then, not really pausing for more than that one stomp, she keeps moving.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Grid Nótt

Offering the jug- which somebody cared enough to model after her fashion, incongruously black with lacy ribbons- towards Luc1na without looking to her, the oni still seems a little sour from having to get up. "I don't think they need to learn a lesson-", she says, before pausing. "- wait.", she says, as if processing the meaning of 'train'. She fixes her attention on Sephilia for a moment with her red eyes. "What if Kralman went away?"

Meanwhile, a single goblin has marched up and is hacking away at her. It takes her a moment to even notice while she's trying to process the stream of seeming nonsense coming from the others, and she looks at it like one might look at an animal going through some strange gyration. "No, I'm not going to dance..." she then replies before reconsidering. "... well, maybe a little."

Would Grid be considered to have advantage over the goblins, given the fiction? Or does she have to do something extra? I'm a little new to Fellowship here.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Grid Nótt

Taking the jug back, Grid returns it to her inventory, which is to say nowhere. That looks a little odd in the "real world", but there you have it. She watches the other members talk, her eyes staring past them, unfocused, and it's unclear how much she's actually listening to. The goblin is still hitting her. And then, with no preamble, she starts off towards the burning forest, vanishing into the smoke. The goblin vanishes after, and then shortly after there's a rumbling sound as the earth seems to vibrate and shake.

Suddenly, some of the burning trees rise up into the air, smoke rising higher, and it's a moment before the silhouette of a rising shadow makes it clear that she's hefting up a small patch of land, trees and all. And on that patch of land, one alarmed goblin clings to the base of a tree, looking down as it panics. Below the patch, Grid's red eyes burn through the haze. A sharp eye might make it look like there are more forms holding up the crumbling piece of land, but it could just be a trick of the smoke.

Looks like somebody's planning to deal with the goblin issue directly. Of course, this might wake up the automaton. But it'll solve one problem out of two!

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Grid Nótt
+ Blood | - Sense

There's a crunching, grinding sound that spikes, the tremendous hunk of earth and forest being launched through the air. It tumbles, end over end, logs and stones falling like rain in its wake as the singular goblin holds on for dear life upon the tree. It arcs over towards the ritual site. The impact spreads out a shockwave for hundreds of feet, with leaves, dust, and dirt billowing up all over. Though the dust, something seems to be following in the arc of the thrown object, and that's Grid, her red eyes blazing as she pulls her fist back, laughing maniacally as she slams down on the earthen pile, shattering it in every direction as the earth fissures open like a cracked egg. "Gyahahahahahahaha! You still want to dance? Try to keep up!"

The goblin, somehow, is still left clinging to the tree, which landed branches down. Sliding off, he looks in fright at the oni, and then starts to dart off.

Rolling Blood to Finish Them using a Huge Object, with an11! Bear in mind that's Dangerous, so it carries some consequence with it, thematically.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Grid Nótt
+ Blood | - Sense

"Nope.", says Grid simply to Vivi, and then bounds after with little hesitation, trying to catch up with Kokoro's bounds and try and put herself inbetween the mega-giant and the picopico!

Let me know if there's a roll involved, and if so, what?

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at 23:40 on May 26, 2016

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Grid Nótt
+ Blood | - Sense

Rushing in, Grid flashes in front of Kokoro as if she may as well have teleported, holding out her palm as she prepares to receive the impact wordlessly.

Roll to Overcome is a 12!

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Skipping down the hill, Grid skids to a halt, looking over. Taking a final swing, she wipes her lips, looking over, and corks it meaningfully. "Just a hill.", she says, before hanging the jug over her shoulder. A slight hiccup and she covers her lips daintly for a moment before looking to Vivi and then around, sighing. "I guess the party's over...", she concludes mournfully, and then brightens slightly as an idea lights her expression. "Oh! We could visit one of my sisters! I bet we could find a good party there!", she proclaims more confidently.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jun 8, 2016

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Grid frowns, and one can only imagine the scribbles radiating out from her head as she pouts. "You're in too much of a rush. You should celebrate your victory!" Wait, wasn't Grid already celebrating? Well, she was an NPC. Maybe she's still a bit limited in that regard. Folding her arms, she bows her head in thought as she resigns herself to the grim world she lives in where it's not a endless 24/7 cycle of partying and fighting. "Well, treasure can buy a lot of drink.", she admits, and then grins widely. Of course, on her, it looks a bit sinister. Blame her modeller. "So let's do that!"

Can she even use gear? That's not quite so clear yet.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

As the cloud rises and the causation comes closer, a boulder rises up, slamming down into the ground. It's the sort of suspiciously round rock that only really occurs in videogame assets and classic animation. Taking one foot forward, Grid shoves it lightly, getting it to start rolling before springing atop it and starting to run atop it, practically dancing as she and it smash into the scavengers, a collision that raises the dust higher.

There seems to be a lot of particulate matter in the air whenever she gets involved.

Dealing the scavengers is light work once they realize the boulder's kicked at them after that, Grid laughing all the while. Well, at least she isn't bored anymore.

There are some drops, of course, coin, some trash loot - and a page of what looks like orders in code. That is, code like a programmer would give, not a spy. Of course, there's no difference to Grid, and she thrusts the scroll at Vivi wordlessly. Did somebody tip the thugs off? Or were the scavengers somehow manipulated? In either way, they should probably get on the move.

Tagging Vivi to get some answers!

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Grid looks up, smoothing out her skirts. "Couldn't we just destroy them and take their loot?", she asks almost innocently of the others, eyes wide. "What makes them any different from other foes that you have faced? If they have something we want, we should take it. And-" Her demeanor literally darkens a bit as her eyes glow red. "- nobody dresses me funny."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Sounds fine to me.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

"Oh?", Grid says, clasping her hands. "Are you having a party? How strong is this... sweetnog?", she asks with hope in her balefully radiant eyes. "Can I see where it's distilled?"

These are probably in-game elements that were never meant to collide.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Grid is munching down on food like somebody with a bottomless stomach, which is probably the case. On the other hand, it's probably slowing the rate from here to drunk to have her stuff her face, so that's an upside, at least.

At the talk of ice giants, she comes up for air, though, looking over to Luc1na. There's a moment where she seems puzzled, trying to parse out Luc1na's arcane tongue, and then looks to the bushy-bearded Nurbegorg. "So if we go up there and have a big party and kick out whatever's bothering the giants, they'll give us presents?", she muses. "Those giants think they're such big deals because they're big. But if they're giving away stuff, I just miiight forgive them for it." And down goes the sweetnog.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Grid actually gets a thoughtful look for a moment at the sound of those names. It's slightly surreal on her model.

"Let's go after them!", she finally concludes, rising slightly, and then falls back with a shrug. "... once I'm done drinking, anyway!"

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

"Dalen...", Grid mumbles, and squints. There's the glimpse of something deadly happening, like a sword being driven through her- but that didn't make him stand out. Having that kind of vision wasn't unique to him. After all, some of those present had triggered similar... dreams?

"... I think he came to one of my parties once?", she says, halting through ending the existence of an oversized candy cane. Her eyes drift away, and her appetite actually seems to slow after that, munching away more glumly.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

"I could throw all of you.", Grid says confidently in dead seriousness as she cradles a jug of sweetnog she brought along. Like you do. "Or I could just bring the mountain down closer..."

Neither is likely the ideal solution.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

"Less fun.", Grid admits, looking over to Luc1na with a slight pout of disappointment. "But I suppose I could toss just one of you." She looks across the gathered adventurers, as if evaluating their aerodynamic properties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Grid beams toothily, and puts her hands on her hips. "Okay!" Hopefully, Kawaii's packed for the journey, since she takes him by the shoulders, bowing gracefully as she swings her leg out slightly. There's a slight pause for tension, then she whips her arms upwards as her airborne foot plants into the ground hard enough to make a divot as she swings backwards, tossing Kawaii backwards and overhead towards the mountain.

Bent far enough back at the conclusion that she's almost looking upside down, she puts her hand to her brow as she watches. "Do enjoy the trip!"

Rolling Blood for the toss, and getting a 9.

• Locked thread