Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Space Patrol Luluco is a new original short series directed by Hiroyuki Imaishi (Gurren Lagann, Panty & Stocking, Kill la Kill) and produced by Studio Trigger (Inferno Cop, Ninja Slayer, Kiznaiver). It's a cute, harmless, and comedic series about a girl living in Okigubo, a town where aliens and humans live together. She inadvertently joins the Space Patrol and gets into various wacky shenanigans!

Who's Who

Luluco (voiced by Mao Ichimichi) is a girl who just wants to live a normal life in Okigubo but ends up joining the Space Patrol. Her suit lets her turn into a gun. It's weird!

AΩ Nova/Alpha Omega Nova (voiced by Junya Enoki) is a new transfer student to Luluco's school and a member of Space Patrol. His suit gives him a Mega Man-style buster cannon on his arm. It's cool!

Midori (voiced by Mayumi Shintani) is a half-human half-alien attending Okigubo Middle School. She has an eyeball on her head. It's neat!

The General Manager of Over Justice (voiced by Tetsu Inada) is the boss of Space Patrol's Okigubo branch. He is literally Inferno Cop. It's awesome!

Hisho (voiced by ???) is a temporary worker at Space Patrol's Okigubo branch. She always leaves work to go home exactly on time. It's inspiring!

Keiji (voiced by Mitsuo Iwata) is a police officer at Space Patrol's Okigubo branch. He loves his daughter Luluco very much. It's heartwarming!

But this is an Imaishi show and that means it'll be bad because-

Please don't bring that into this thread. Nobody cares about how much of a perv Imaishi can be and it'd be better for the thread to be about the show instead of going through this worn-out discussion again. Take your Imaishi-related grievances elsewhere and use this thread for Luluco.

Where can I watch this?
Crunchyroll airs new episodes every Friday at 10:20AM EDT

Alfalfa The Roach fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Apr 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Space Thread detected. You're guilty of Space Posting!

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

poo poo! They found out about me Space Posting!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

They sure Space Murdered that student.

The verdict on the show so far:
It's short
It's weird
It's pretty good.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
This show is wonderful, and the janky cut-and-paste animation, simplified art style, and cute characters make watching it like watching the comedic moments of Kill la Kill's early episodes.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.
This show reminds me of all the Mako related parts of Kill la Kill, and that is a good thing.

Zweihander01
May 4, 2009

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Keiji (voiced by Mitsuo Iwata) is a police officer at Space Patrol's Okigubo branch. He loves his daughter Luluco very much. It's heartwarming!

Getting some serious Deckard vibes from his design.

But the show is great! I didn't even realize they were working on season 3 of Inferno Cop.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The best face.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

The best face.

Adding this to the OP

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
good show

i like imaishi stuff usually, even though story-wise kill la kill became a bit of a mess and ninja slayer probably would have been better with actual animation once the joke got old, i still had fun with them. if this keeps the same general vibe it's got going then i think i'll really like it

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Apr 10, 2016

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
lmao at the sparkles and soft electronic music as the two leads summarily execute a exam cheater

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I'll probably enjoy this more than Kiznaiver, but let's see where this crazy space train goes...

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Amstrad posted:

This show reminds me of all the Mako related parts of Kill la Kill, and that is a good thing.

It feels like an amalgamation of a bunch of Studio Trigger elements. Which is kinda cool but maybe they shouldn't try to be this referential when their catalog is so bare?

Whatever, it's a dumb fun show.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
This show's pretty light and fun, but I must reserve final judgement until we meet the blue girl from the OP.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Midori (voiced by Mayumi Shintani) is a half-human half-alien attending Okigubo Middle School. She has an eyeball on her head. It's neat!

I have two eyeballs in my head but you don't see me making a big deal about it.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

She has two eyeballs in her head but one other eyeball on top of her head. It's pretty neat!

Kleptobot
Nov 6, 2009
Could not-Inferno Cop use his flames to melt frozen dad or is he just going to be taking up space in the office until the end of the series?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Kleptobot posted:

Could not-Inferno Cop use his flames to melt frozen dad or is he just going to be taking up space in the office until the end of the series?

It's space-time ice, so no unless Inferno Cop has space-time fire.

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010
Show loving rules. Stand out moments for me first episode was the whole YOU'RE UNDER ARREST/FREE bit, and the fight for Justice commisaring in the second.

Jo Joestar
Oct 24, 2013

QQmore posted:

Show loving rules. Stand out moments for me first episode was the whole YOU'RE UNDER ARREST/FREE bit, and the fight for Justice commisaring in the second.

Luluco and Nova bonding over policy brutality :3:.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Amstrad posted:

I think the Mako bits were the only parts of KLK that had any heart and soul. Every other relationship was nothing but disdain and smirks and hot blooded energy.

Luluco on the other thing is filled with heart, this is a love story. Of course, the boy is probably an infiltrator sent from a rival organisation, and once he leaves at the end, Luluco will be left changed forever.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://vt.tumblr.com/tumblr_o4yujiEyWR1qdvrdy_480.mp4#_=_

JoJoJosephSmith
Apr 8, 2016

i need to watch more than just one ep of this show

i saw the first and thought it was great but stopped when the blonde showed up the next ep

i knew i should have expected him to be like a shoujo character but gently caress

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
This show is utterly stupid.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Can't wait for the next episode.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I

will watch this show. Inferno Cop lives on!

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

The General Manager of Over Justice (voiced by Tetsu Inada) is the boss of Space Patrol's Okigubo branch. He is literally Inferno Cop. It's awesome!

Stop right there! They've actually addressed the confusion that seems to have surfaced regarding Over Justice's background: he's not Inferno Cop, he's Inferno Cop's boss, the guy who called Inferno Cop at the end of the egypt episode. Whether this means ICPD is entirely staffed by flaming skeletons remains unknown.

il-landier
Jan 28, 2008

Chev posted:

Stop right there! They've actually addressed the confusion that seems to have surfaced regarding Over Justice's background: he's not Inferno Cop, he's Inferno Cop's boss, the guy who called Inferno Cop at the end of the egypt episode. Whether this means ICPD is entirely staffed by flaming skeletons remains unknown.

That's fantastic!

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I'm not sure who I like more, the Ryuko-Mako fusion character Luluco that I didn't even know I wanted, or OVEEEEEER JUSTICE

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Chev posted:

Oh my god that's amazing. Inferno Cop exists in the same universe as this show.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Is inferno cop available anywhere easily? I never did get round to watching it and thus far this show is goofy enough to amuse me

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Should still be up on the original youtube unless something terrible happened to the internet :shrug:

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Yep, still up and running. Enjoy.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
Crunchyroll picked up Inferno Cop about a year ago, too. Still got a few episodes of it sitting in my queue.

As for Luluco, I'm liking it. The comparisons to the Mako portions of KLK are pretty apt.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
I was in hysterics the the whole show. Pretty good.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
second episode was much weaker, but it's 5 minutes so whatever

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Zweihander01 posted:

Getting some serious Deckard vibes from [dad's] design.
One interesting detail is that if you look closely at his hands and feet he's wearing a space patrol suit under his clothes.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Relin posted:

second episode was much weaker, but it's 5 minutes so whatever
idk, I thought it was pretty funny when her becoming a woman was symbolized with a big bang and then she shot a dude in the face with her goofy rear end henshin.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Here ya go, thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

AnacondaHL posted:

Here ya go, thread!

http://youtu.be/vCo2QMJcsDg

• Locked thread