Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

My other thread is riddled with spoilers. This is a safe zone for everyone avoiding spoilers to talk about their game in progress :D

I originally planned to do most progress before first death contest, but this game doesn't have a first death achievement (unless they add one in the day 1 international patch) and its sorta tough to just go on the honor system. That being said, I think it would be fun to compile a list of everyone's first death! Please tell us where you died along with a screenshot of your YOU DIED screen (if you can) and I'll keep it up to date below.

:siren: PLEASE DON'T SPOIL poo poo OR POST UNSOLICITED ADVICE. IF SOMEONE ASKS FOR ADVICE, BE AS VAGUE AS POSSIBLE THANKS :siren:

IT'S OUT!!!!

:twisted: DEATH ROLL :twisted:

Benny D
KILLED BY: LUDEX GRUNDYR
PUSHUP COUNT: 80

Holepisser
KILLED BY: HWoL Killhouse

In Training
KILLED BY:

Black Baby Goku
KILLED BY:

INRI
KILLED BY:

Net Cafe Scandal
KILLED BY: SPACE GODZILLA (GCL)

beepstreet
KILLED BY: GIANT CRYSTAL LIZARD

Smelly Larry
KILLED BY: Katana Guy at FIRELINK SHRINE

a loving dog
KILLED BY:

Unexpected Raw Anime fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Apr 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Dork Sucks Pee.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Benny D posted:

My other thread is riddled with spoilers. This is a safe zone for everyone avoiding spoilers to talk about their game in progress :D

I originally planned to do most progress before first death contest, but this game doesn't have a first death achievement (unless they add one in the day 1 international patch) and its sorta tough to just go on the honor system. That being said, I think it would be fun to compile a list of everyone's first death! Please tell us where you died along with a screenshot of your YOU DIED screen (if you can) and I'll keep it up to date below.

:siren: PLEASE DON'T SPOIL poo poo OR POST UNSOLICITED ADVICE. IF SOMEONE ASKS FOR ADVICE, BE AS VAGUE AS POSSIBLE THANKS :siren:

Let's get hype. 50ish more hours

Nobody is going to lie about their first death on this forum. Everyone who posts here is a good person

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

NCS: the pushup challenge is when you do a set every time you die

Dec 26, 2012

i have never been this ready for a gmae to drop in my life

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

I won't be doing the push up challenge because Ill be going to the gym before each absurdly long sesh. The feeling of crashing on your couch with sore muscles + everything done for the day and playing a gam is insanely good.

Definitely down for sharing first death though. Hopefully not a lovely fall.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
reposting for any imps who wanna get swole while playing one of the best games of all time

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

beepstreet posted:

I won't be doing the push up challenge because Ill be going to the gym before each absurdly long sesh. The feeling of crashing on your couch with sore muscles + everything done for the day and playing a gam is insanely good.

Definitely down for sharing first death though. Hopefully not a lovely fall.

I've played the first four hours or so several times and I have predictions for where most of the regular souls posters here will die :P

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm going to have to add some extra zeroes to that if I want to get swole.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Body weight squats >_<

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Benny D posted:

Body weight squats >_<

i need to do at least 100 of those before i even feel anything lol

Vulich the Subtle
Nov 25, 2012

Paul is unimpressed by the glories of the Host.
the frogs face wjhen he gets to the end of his journey and opens the chest to find dark souls 3:

Dec 26, 2012

Vulich the Subtle posted:

the frogs face wjhen he gets to the end of his journey and opens the chest to find dark souls 3:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

a Loving Dog posted:

i need to do at least 100 of those before i even feel anything lol

I had surgery and then couldn't work out for about 7 months and only started again like a week ago and I couldn't even do a sit up so I'm going to use the Dark Souls III system to start my physical rehabilitation

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm excited about this game. But I think it's going to take an act of God to make me like it more than Bloodborne.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

In Training posted:

I'm excited about this game. But I think it's going to take an act of God to make me like it more than Bloodborne.

Same.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

It's really loving good but they're apples and oranges tbqh.

Edit it's actually more like granny smith vs hneycrisp

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

maybe single player wont be but i'm confident pvp will be leagues better than bloodbornes

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
notable new control stuff:
-hold the down button to auto select your estus flask
-you can run in any direction while locked on
-press r3 in the equip menu to hide the main panel. good for checking out your fashion while youre changing equipment
-1handed jumping attacks now have a really fast r1 attack you can do at the end

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Weapon arts add a ton to pvp

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Benny D posted:

It's really loving good but they're apples and oranges tbqh.

Edit it's actually more like granny smith vs hneycrisp

Those two apples are comparable.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

Those two apples are comparable.

do you like apples

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

notable new control stuff:
-hold the down button to auto select your estus flask
-press r3 in the equip menu to hide the main panel. good for checking out your fashion while youre changing equipment
-1handed jumping attacks now have a really fast r1 attack you can do at the end

Run in any direction while locked on is a game changer

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I like to stick to soft fruits.. mango's, etc.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's cool being so completely insane about a series and sinking quadruple digit hours into it so you can read a sentence like "now you can run in any direction while locked on" and nearly spilling a drink out of excitement

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

I like to stick to soft fruits.. mango's, etc.

Yeah. Soft fruits. Like your boyfriend.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Vulich the Subtle posted:

hes going to have sex

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Cool non spoiler stuff:

No more armor upgrading
Enemies drop their whole armor set if they had one instead of tha one piece at a time poo poo

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Benny D posted:

Cool non spoiler stuff:

No more armor upgrading
Enemies drop their whole armor set if they had one instead of tha one piece at a time poo poo

Did anybody ever upgrade their armor

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

Yeah. Soft fruits. Like your boyfriend.

:bravo:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I would get nervous about a new souls game taking up all my time since I already play demons/dark/Bloodborne like once a month anyway, but I'm just going to pretend this is the real dark souls II and forget that game ever existed.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Benny D posted:

Cool non spoiler stuff:

No more armor upgrading

PErfect game

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

There are references to 2 that poke fun at it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bloodborne was better because there were no drops for anything so you could always get exactly what you wanted in any file without worrying about RNG :smugbird:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

God I wish it was Tuesday

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Benny D posted:

There are references to 2 that poke fun at it

No way..

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

it would be awesome if Miyazaki hated DS2 as much as me

Adbot