Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

tumor looking batty posted:

What does ember(s) next to the bonfire name mean? I don't remember that being there before.

its how many embered players are near the bonfire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

HolePisser1982 posted:

its how many embered players are near the bonfire

I heard it's specifically people in your level range for matching

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ive recently been doing coop with sky and i was surpised at how well it scales you down for the host's area if you're using a password and stuff. made me think like..why didnt they just do this for the whole game lol let me invade/coop wherever i want and just scale me down if im OP for the zone

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

extremebuff posted:

ive recently been doing coop with sky and i was surpised at how well it scales you down for the host's area if you're using a password and stuff. made me think like..why didnt they just do this for the whole game lol let me invade/coop wherever i want and just scale me down if im OP for the zone

I love invading ppl that have a passworded friend with them because its always a host covered in lovely rags and their endgame friend in shining golden platemail

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

I love invading ppl that have a passworded friend with them because its always a host covered in lovely rags and their endgame friend in shining golden platemail

running into white phantoms on the first level that have the DLC boss's crazy anime weapons

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
this dlc is awesome ... its huge too

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I spoke to a very polite door that asked me the name of my god and my options were "Gwyn" or "dunno lol". Is there a reason my dude knows who Gwyn is? Can you give other answers

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/one-players-six-year-quest-to-wear-an-iconic-dark-souls-helmet

Slayer Ornstein's Iconic Plume

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
sister freide didnt take me as long as say solo nameless king on ng+++ or defiled watchdog but i honestly think she was harder. that third phase was loving stupid and i hate it

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

a Loving Dog posted:

sister freide didnt take me as long as say solo nameless king on ng+++ or defiled watchdog but i honestly think she was harder. that third phase was loving stupid and i hate it

i hit a wall on her and never finished it. it reminds me of maria, but tbh it was just too draining to have to fight three phases while not really having a chance to learn each moveset.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

dude the new dlc is loving hard lol. i was just streaming it and there was a certain point in the map where i found the enemy layout very questionable..feels like certain spots are balanced for 2 players cause they just throw an unreasonable amount of poo poo at you lol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

extremebuff posted:

dude the new dlc is loving hard lol. i was just streaming it and there was a certain point in the map where i found the enemy layout very questionable..feels like certain spots are balanced for 2 players cause they just throw an unreasonable amount of poo poo at you lol

Ok I'm glad it's not just me, I'm getting my rear end kicked

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
is SL79 too low or too high to co-op my way through friede i never beat her cause im garbage and i just want help but i can get easy summoned but never see signs drop when embered

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

bump_fn posted:

is SL79 too low or too high to co-op my way through friede i never beat her cause im garbage and i just want help but i can get easy summoned but never see signs drop when embered

i beat her solo at 64

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

the first boss in the DLC is stupid I HATE SECOND PHASE BOSSES

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I loved the first boss it's like Flamelurker 2. I wish you could skip the first phase of these guys after beating them once or twice though, they end up just being a chore like Sister Friede's first two phases and Nameless King's retarded chicken monster

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Played through the vanilla game back near release, soloed all the bosses which was a huge moment for me as I'm very bad at video games (Nameless King, Princes and especially Champ Gundyr were all massive dicks) but I hadn't played it since around June so I got the season pass and started Ashes on my SL110 character while waiting for the Ringed City

So far the furthest I've got is clearing the tower with the Captain's ashes (after getting reamed by a wide variety of burly vikings) and being murdered by the giant turbowolf when he came back for round 2 and oh man, ive missed this game

Gonna do a new playthrough on a non-strength character, was thinking of a dexy pyromancer to use all the spells my first guy was too dumb to use; would I have fun or find it frustrating?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
dex pyro is fun.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

extremebuff posted:

i soloed all of it at about sl85... its not as difficult as the old hunters. the last boss is harder than kos though

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
the new dlc is very hard and because of this ive fallen back into bad habits like the Reverse Joestar technique of running past every enemy

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Sweet, time for Dexys Midnight Burner

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

the new dlc is very hard and because of this ive fallen back into bad habits like the Reverse Joestar technique of running past every enemy

ive been doing this just to make progress and not bore everyone lol. ive gotta clean up all the places i dashed through for sweet dlc loot

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the sister freeze fight would be way better if it didnt have that second phase lol it is so inconsistent. sometimes they're nice and stay apart and sometimes they're glued to eachother and it's loving impossible

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

extremebuff posted:

the sister freeze fight would be way better if it didnt have that second phase lol it is so inconsistent. sometimes they're nice and stay apart and sometimes they're glued to eachother and it's loving impossible

i was thinking about it, and i think i'd like it more if it was any of the first two phases, and then the third. the boss isn't interesting enough to warrant how much time a single attempt takes on it, and phase three is really just a maria retread.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

the last boss is harder than kos though

hearing this from you makes me nervous lol

i had a really easy time with old hunters, except for Kos and ludwig of course. and there was that one room with the two hunters where one of them was shooting bullshit magic spears at you

this dlc has been consistently challenging, all of the new enemies are badass and cool, and theres just a LOT of it. it's at least 3 times bigger than ashes of ariandel

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

extremebuff posted:

hearing this from you makes me nervous lol

i had a really easy time with old hunters, except for Kos and ludwig of course. and there was that one room with the two hunters where one of them was shooting bullshit magic spears at you

this dlc has been consistently challenging, all of the new enemies are badass and cool, and theres just a LOT of it. it's at least 3 times bigger than ashes of ariandel

dont worry, its a great fight. the best of DS3 by far IMO

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

dont worry, its a great fight. the best of DS3 by far IMO

i meant nervous in a good excited way :) im gonna stream it tonight, im probably in the final act of the dlc.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

oh for gently caress's sake Ornstein leave me alone

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

thjjfj

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Mar 29, 2017

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

yeah that part is insane.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i just ran at the final boss for like an hour and a half on stream and lost my mind lol. harder than kos indeed but i can at least get through the first phase only getting hit once or twice

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i did the base game final boss b4 the stream to beef up my dude a little more and i could count on my hands how many times i hit him with a bigass hammer, it was shocking hitting this dude and it barely registered on the meter lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

okay I'm not beating this final boss tonight. He loving owns though

everyone in the games thread is whining that it's just some random old dude nobody cares about instead of an extreme sun demon version of Manus or whatever their diseased minds wanted lol.

It's the perfect capstone to the series, just two crazy old hobos at the end of the universe, ages after the gods and even the darksign sun have died out, slugging it out to see who gets to salvage something, anything from the ruins.... getting weird MGS4 vibes. Also the fight is tight as hell.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

sorry about the walls of aeris dies. i just get really excited about dark souls

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

im feeling it.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
cant get past dumb dragon......

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011