Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
daggerdragon
Jan 22, 2006

My titan engine can kick your titan engine's ass.
I'm switching home insurance companies to get on a replacement cost coverage (none of that ACV bullshit). I have a set of fine china from my great-grandmother that I want covered, but obviously I need to value it first. There are some replacement pieces for this particular set being sold on replacement.com, how convenient! My question is if I use these values, what will I need to prove that I'm not just making the prices up?

I can link the individual listings in my spreadsheet, but if they go out of stock later, the price may no longer show up.

I can take dated screenshots, but that's a pain in the rear end with this many individual pieces and besides, screenshots can be doctored very easily.

Some other action I haven't thought of? Am I overthinking this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

People still own fine china? Haven't seen that scam since like the 80s.

daggerdragon
Jan 22, 2006

My titan engine can kick your titan engine's ass.

Pryor on Fire posted:

People still own fine china? Haven't seen that scam since like the 80s.

It was my great-grandmother's set and it's a very simple, elegant-looking design. Besides, why would I argue with free plates?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Ask your agent and get a declared value that you both agree upon. I think that how it works insuring your $50 FMV plates for impossible replacement. Anyway your agent will know.

• Locked thread