Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom
Help! I've made a terrible mistake. I've entered the thunderdome. I was out of town until this afternoon and I get banned if I don't submit something. I have to use this song as inspiration https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn3VB897aXw . WHAT DO I DO?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zidane13

by Smythe
I'm sorry, I only came in here with bad advice.

Do meth.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom

zidane13 posted:

I'm sorry, I only came in here with bad advice.

Do meth.

Remember kids, there is no such thing as bad advice.

FluffieDuckie

before i can help i need more information

like what are you talking about?

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom

FluffieDuckie posted:

before i can help i need more information

like what are you talking about?

Ok, there is a thread in Creative Convention that is a short prose writing contest.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3758791&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=34#post458311557

Android Blues

maybe you should start with a "prose and conse list"

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom

Android Blues posted:

maybe you should start with a "prose and conse list"

:cripes:

Senior Management

I wonder how many people thought R.E.M. were talking about religion in the song "Losing My Religion." When in reality they are from Georgia and that is a southern phrase roughly translating into flying off the handle. For example, if we were riding in the car together and someone cut us off, you might tell me not to lose my religion over it if I started cursing and yelling.

:jerry:

SniperWoreConverse

dude gets this nostalgia from this song, hasn't played it in years. serrupticiously he ends up hearing a few bars of it and makes up his mind to commit suicide because there's no going back to the type of life he used to live, and going forward could never make him feel that way again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Rodney The Yam II

SniperWoreConverse posted:

dude gets this nostalgia from this song, hasn't played it in years. serrupticiously he ends up hearing a few bars of it and makes up his mind to commit suicide because there's no going back to the type of life he used to live, and going forward could never make him feel that way again

I read this as "makes his mind commit suicide"

SniperWoreConverse

Woah opp make the song lyrics be a story about being in a coma

alnilam

Vynar posted:

I wonder how many people thought R.E.M. were talking about religion in the song "Losing My Religion." When in reality they are from Georgia and that is a southern phrase roughly translating into flying off the handle. For example, if we were riding in the car together and someone cut us off, you might tell me not to lose my religion over it if I started cursing and yelling.

ty manifisto

alnilam

oh there's also losing my religion in major key it's good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6KmiIq2-m8

sorry what was the threa about again

ty manifisto

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Woah opp make the song lyrics be a story about being in a coma

oooh thanks,

alnilam

oh right probably write about some post-society wanderer who collects old music tapes and has a hand-wound cassette player that they play for eager audiences in desolate little dusty towns, like an old time bard travelling through town and playing and singing music for people who probably only get to hear music a few times a year, except it's 20th/21st century recordings of music with a whole band and it's loving mind blowing to these people

ty manifisto

Rodney The Yam II

^^^ make sure they build up a patchy mythology and use it as a selling point for the underlying social commentary

alnilam

the wanderer has to like manually wind through the tape and clean crazy amounts of dust off of the magnetic tape, carefully so as not to break the fragile stuff, it takes a day or more for1 song

is it too unbelievable that the info on a magnetic tape wouldn't have been lost to entropy after so long? I'm not sure but perhaps neither is your audience

ty manifisto

alnilam

i'm talkin bout cassette tapes btw if that wasn't clear but yo ucould switch to records or reel-to-reel or 8-track if you prefer, depending on the era of the songs
I would recommend against CDs unless you want the wanderer to have a working laser somehow, and there's barely electricity so explain that one punk

ty manifisto

Senior Management

are we talking about Guardians of the Galaxy?

:jerry:

alnilam

No didn't he just have one tape in normal condition in an otherwise very advanced universe?

alnilam

*reads script to raiders of the lost ark* hmm seems like a ripoff of that charleton heston movie the ten commandments

Rodney The Yam II

Tape would lose quality and would become a noisy mess betraying only the faintest whisper of a melody. Where do they go, these memories? Why do we hold on so tightly? Etc.

alnilam

sorry if that was mean just joshin anyway i hope you like your new story mario I'll expect royalty checks in a few years

alnilam

Rodney The Yam II posted:

Tape would lose quality and would become a noisy mess betraying only the faintest whisper of a melody. Where do they go, these memories? Why do we hold on so tightly? Etc.

could be a cool angle, I'll share the royalties

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
the last scene is the wanderer losing the little wind up cassette player and then the camera focuses on his good eye as a tear forms and begins to stream down his cheek and then zooms out to reveal the desolate landscape as REM's losing my religion plays over the credits but its acoustic and sung by the sundays

MrWillsauce

is it too late for me to ghost write something for you?

SniperWoreConverse

It's the twenty third century and a traveling musicologist made me weep with the realisation of what we lost.
*baby got back by the honorable Sir Mix a Lot echoes thru my head until the dirt farm fails &I die*

DeepQantas

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
At the end we reveal the wanderer has been deaf the whole time

and gay

and dead

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

i warned you about thundertome!

well i should have

joke_explainer

alnilam posted:

*reads script to raiders of the lost ark* hmm seems like a ripoff of that charleton heston movie the ten commandments

December Octopodes

Christmas is coming
the squid is getting fat!
the coma guy could be climbing a mountain only to find he's climbing HIS OWN BRAIN!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Luvcow posted:

the last scene is the wanderer losing the little wind up cassette player and then the camera focuses on his good eye as a tear forms and begins to stream down his cheek and then zooms out to reveal the desolate landscape as REM's losing my religion plays over the credits but its acoustic and sung by the sundays

:stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

DeepQantas posted:

At the end we reveal the wanderer has been deaf the whole time

and gay

and dead

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread