Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
What stats do I focus on if I want to make a viking warlord warrior dude bro that just smashes poo poo to pieces with an axe and uses absolutely no magic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

WaltherFeng posted:

Important question: Can the knight fast roll with his starting equipment? I'm coming from Bloodborne so I need to be as agile as possible.

Real players just get named ASAP.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Avalanche posted:

What stats do I focus on if I want to make a viking warlord warrior dude bro that just smashes poo poo to pieces with an axe and uses absolutely no magic?

strength, dingus. basically ignore luck, faith, int, atn, only have the minimum amount of dex needed. level str, vit, vig, end

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdy_rct6uo

My kinda boss theme!

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

aas Bandit posted:

Ah, cool--thanks for the correction (and also, that's a pretty interesting feature)!

Id's much rather suffer diminishing returns than not be able to co-op at all, so I'm fine with it.

Then again I've never been big into the online stuff anyways, but I'm hoping to be at least a little more pro-active there this time around just for fun. If still stubbornly intending to make it through stuff myself.

WaltherFeng posted:

Important question: Can the knight fast roll with his starting equipment?

:eyepop:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Avalanche posted:

VIT, END, VGR, STR. There's even a starting class that is a viking looking guy with the Battle Axe, too.

H2Eau
Jun 2, 2010

porkinson posted:

Steam is pushing that stupid controller of theirs with ds3 for 40% off.
Is it good for ds? Any one with any experience with that controller?

It's fine, but it will take some configuring to get it right (until someone else comes up with a good config, then you can just yoink theirs).
I've played through DS1 and 2 using a configuration that allows you to hold your thumb on the outside edge of the touchpad and it'll treat it as if it was a joystick that you've moved to the edge, if that makes sense?

But really, the PS4 controller is the best, and you don't have to piss around with configuring it as much if you aren't interested in that.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Boy I'm worried. I use an AMD radeon r9 200 series graphics card and I have no clue if that can handle highish settings. I could play DS2 at near max settings but I have no idea. I don't want to be plagued by technical issues, so I hope that I have enough.

Either way, I am loving pumped for tomorrow. I am so loving ready to die.

The Skeleton King fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Apr 11, 2016

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

porkinson posted:

The game supports combined mouse + controller inputs, so you can just map right trackpad to mouse and do quick camera movements. I've got something like 300+ hours logged using it with various games and after a little while quick swipes + tap to stop for camera movement becomes second nature for third person games. Also, the two grip buttons are pretty great for mapping stuff like lockon or jumping.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Everyone's freaking out about their computers not being good enough while I'm too stupid to understand computer spec talk, which prevents me from getting worried. Ignorance is bliss! :downs:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Internet Kraken posted:

Everyone's freaking out about their computers not being good enough while I'm too stupid to understand computer spec talk, which prevents me from getting worried. Ignorance is bliss! :downs:

every_pc_game_release.txt

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe
I'm fairly certain that my PS4 version is going to work on my PS4.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

HairyManling posted:

I'm fairly certain that my PS4 version is going to work on my PS4.

My PS4 has largely made me resent playing games on my PC, since they load quicker, run smoother without craashing, and use a controller that doesn't hurt my hands.

Any suggestions for how to create my character? I'd like to have a fairly simple to play guy, but also have the ability to use some decent magic/ranged attacks. Basically make it quite noob friendly since I've played Bloodborne, but not any formally Dark Souls games.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
As long as there are incredibly stupid weapons with ridiculously stupid movesets I'll be happy

NESguerilla posted:

I can't wait to buy this tomorrow night, play it for 45 minutes, begrudgingly go to bed, and suffer through for the longest, most aloof work day imaginable on Tuesday.

It unlocks an hour after I get home from class and I have tuesday off so ima be slammin it out real good :shepface:

Spooky Bear Ghost fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Apr 11, 2016

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I can't wait to buy this tomorrow night, play it for 45 minutes, begrudgingly go to bed, and suffer through for the longest, most aloof work day imaginable on Tuesday.

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

porkinson posted:

The controller is extremely customizable and will take quite a bit of time to tune it to perfection. But once you set it up it is very good. I've been using it for my DS2 replay and the only issue with it, is it's size makes it hard to do crazy reach arounds to do inventory management in the heat of the moment. Setting up the left track pad to work as a mouse offers very precise camera control. And forcing the right track pad to act as a 4-way switch makes fast inventory switching downright easy.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

NowonSA posted:

My PS4 has largely made me resent playing games on my PC, since they load quicker, run smoother without craashing, and use a controller that doesn't hurt my hands.

Any suggestions for how to create my character? I'd like to have a fairly simple to play guy, but also have the ability to use some decent magic/ranged attacks. Basically make it quite noob friendly since I've played Bloodborne, but not any formally Dark Souls games.

Sounds like you need a better PC. Also you can use your PS4 controllers on your PC.

Try the Pyromancer for a character with decent variety between weapons and magic.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

NowonSA posted:

Start as a herald if you want to cast miracles (supportive magics mostly, some offensive ones), an assassin if you want to cast sorceries (pew pew bolts), or a knight if you just want to facetank poo poo

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Apr 11, 2016

slev
Apr 6, 2009

I'm going to lie about something so I can go home from work early to play video games.

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

Can you re-spec in this game like you could in DS2?

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

White Phosphorus posted:

Can you re-spec in this game like you could in DS2?

Yes

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I'm reading some wiki stuff on dark souls 3, and I am losing my poo poo at how many references there are to dark souls 1. Get hyppppee

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Why the gently caress do games come out on Tuesday anyways they should come out on Friday goddamn.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

NESguerilla posted:

Why the gently caress do games come out on Tuesday anyways they should come out on Friday goddamn.

NESguerilla posted:

Bandai-Namco

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

NowonSA posted:

Has anyone spoken to you about our lord and savior, lighting things on fire? Even with the minimal stats for Pyromancies, that's still enough to probably use every Utility spell in the game whether it's a Sorcery or Miracle.

Note to self actually make sure I can cast safe fall early on this time. Assassin comes with that spell, on that note. The stabby with a side of Sorcery start, to the Herald's stabby with a side in Miracles.

Other classes are solid enough and can readily work their way into casting once they get access. But things like Warrior for example, would take some notable investment to cast anything (Attune is not only your mana bar, but dictates how many spell slots you have).

Section Z fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Apr 11, 2016

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Section Z posted:

Has anyone spoken to you about our lord and savior, lighting things on fire? Even with the minimal stats for Pyromancies, that's still enough to probably use every Utility spell in the game whether it's a Sorcery or Miracle.

Note to self actually make sure I can cast safe fall early on this time. Assassin comes with that spell, on that note. The stabby with a side of Sorcery start, to the Herald's stabby with a side in Miracles.

You're in luck, they don't just get Safe Fall/Fall Control. Fall Control and Hush have now been combined into Spook, so now you are quiet and have the fall bonus.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Last night I dreamt that DS3 was a crossover game, and all of the fast moving beast monsters from Bloodborne invaded Lordran, except it was modern day Lordran and there were people and cars and poo poo and it was so violent. :ohdear:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

GreyPowerVan posted:

Bandai-Namco

Almost every game comes out on Tuesday though. It still sucks but it's not like, unusual or anything.

Orv
May 4, 2011

NESguerilla posted:

Retail dates are an anchor around the neck of sane digital distribution.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

GreyPowerVan posted:

You're in luck, they don't just get Safe Fall/Fall Control. Fall Control and Hush have now been combined into Spook, so now you are quiet and have the fall bonus.

I completely forgot about that, handy. I'm still planning on a Knight Start (Usually I've been Warrior on my first attempts), but I'm looking forward to grabbing as many utility spells and basic pyromancies on the side as possible.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Since I'm not playing this game and thinking about random Dark Souls stuff I was wondering, why isn't there a decent line of Dark Souls figures out there? Every Japanese thing has a bajillion action figures for it and DaS has virtually nothing despite being one of the only things I would totally buy some action figures of. Like, it's really popular you'd think there would be some toy maker would have jumped on this by now.

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow
There's actually gonna be some figures made, can't remember the company off hand. But we're talking $300+ figures. There have been some others in the past, Bandai still sells one for the chosen undead in the signature armor from Dark Souls 2 for instance.

Freak Magnet
Jan 12, 2010

Drifting - It's not for the faint of heart.
PC First Bonfire crash thing I've been hearing about. What is the deal and has it been fixed yet? I am going deprived tonight at 11pm and want to know if I should avoid that bonfire.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Video gaaaaaaaammmmmeeesssss!!!!!

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

As long as there are incredibly stupid weapons with ridiculously stupid movesets I'll be happy

It unlocks an hour after I get home from class and I have tuesday off so ima be slammin it out real good :shepface:

Get abyss breakdance sword, so much fun, such a stupid moveset. I think its called farron greatsword?

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
Tell me more about Pyromancers.

(Pure magic build class? Can you spec around weapons? What weapons work good for them if any?)

All the twitch superstars are posting videos on youtube about how much Pyromancers suck and how much magic sucks and other stupid bullshit that probably isn't true.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
What's the deal with the PC specs? The Steam page lists these as the minimum requirements:

quote:

OS: Windows 7 SP1 64bit, Windows 8.1 64bit Windows 10 64bit
Processor: Intel Core i3-2100 / AMD® FX-6300
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 750 Ti / ATI Radeon HD 7950

while this page (http://www.darksouls.jp/win_spec.html) lists these:

quote:

【OS】
Windows® 7 SP1 日本語 64bit、Windows® 8.1 日本語 64bit、
Windows® 10 日本語 64bit
【CPU】
Intel® Core™ i5 2500 3.3GHz / AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz
【メモリ】
8 GB RAM
【グラフィック】
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 750 Ti グラフィックス カード、ATI Radeon™HD 7950 グラフィックス カード

I only have a dual core processor, so I'm hoping the first ones are right, but I'm more inclined to trust the ones from the official site.

porkinson
Jan 20, 2015

Thanks for the :words: about the steam controller.
I have a dual shock 4, but I fried it using a charger with quick charge from samsung so it only works with a cable now.
It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't get so hot after 30 minutes of use. I was thinking abut a replacement for it and the steam thing at 40% off is an interesting proposition.

Ryen Deckard
Jun 28, 2008

My blood is red, white, and blue.

porkinson posted:

Thanks for the :words: about the steam controller.
I have a dual shock 4, but I fried it using a charger with quick charge from samsung so it only works with a cable now.
It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't get so hot after 30 minutes of use. I was thinking abut a replacement for it and the steam thing at 40% off is an interesting proposition.

sounds like you hosed up the battery real good, luckily it's pretty easy to fix in a DS4.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/DualShock+4+Battery+Replacement/22074

Or just buy another one like a good consumer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porkinson
Jan 20, 2015

Ryen Deckard posted:

sounds like you hosed up the battery real good, luckily it's pretty easy to fix in a DS4.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/DualShock+4+Battery+Replacement/22074

Or just buy another one like a good consumer

Already tried to replace the battery, and it doesn't work for me (unless the replacement I bought was bad too), something's fried beside it, even without the battery the controller gets super hot after 30 min of use.