Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Frankston posted:

I still don't know what build to make for my first run. :ohdear:

2h ultra greatsword/great hammer. pancake everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

I finally have some money. GamesPLanet is the cheapest way to get this on PC right. And itll get me a steam key to preload. Right/

it got me a preload key when i bought it through them on saturday

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Weremacht posted:

you know i'm gonna call bullshit on this. i have hundreds of hours in dark souls 2, the vast majority of which were pvp, and i could count the number of hackers on both hands. ten instances, in like, three hundred hours. truly a vile cesspit of cheaters.

either i'm incredibly lucky (and was in dark souls 1 as well) or this line of thinking doesn't bear out at all

I don't think i've encountered a hacker playing DS 1/2/SotFS on PC. Not a huge amount of pvp outside of bell bro stuff but I've been invaded a fair amount and never knowingly encountered a hacker

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

why the gently caress is it thinking it needs 40 minutes and counting so i can play

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

turtlecrunch posted:

restart steam geniuses

i did

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

whats the point ina preload if i have to download poo poo on the day its released

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Eonwe posted:

you are actually just decrypting the files

i had to restart steam twice to get it to work out what was happening

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Am I right in thinking using the starting fire stone to infuse a weapon early on will be give more damage until I've levelled my stats up? Can i uninfuse a weapon?

Is it possible for me to force the game to stay at 30fps? I've only got a geforce 760

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

how far into the game do I have to wait until I can get an ultra greatsword/hammer

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

Im sure youll find out all this stuff if you keep playing. Have Fun. This game is sweet

i found a greataxe on the corpse or something i killed at the first bonfire :getin:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

how common is titanite? I've got enough to start upgrading the long sword but I don't really want to use it for long

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Just got summoned to the second boss and it bugged out badly. Didn't do any attacks in the second phase

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I'm not far off having the souls required to buy the key at firelink shrine but I've not beaten the second boss yet. Should I just level up instead?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The second boss is incredibly broken if you co-op it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

So how early do you need the tower key?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Is Flynn's ring like in DS2 where its total equip load as opposed to actual equip load?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Is the key to the cell on the wall just further into the game or do I need to look more carefully?

edit: loving hell those harpy things

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

How do you get into the gorge near the dilapidated bridge bonfire? I've looked around and can't find a way down and it looks too far to fall

I've also ended up upgrading the starting longsword before i found the large club and titanite has been really rare. I'm still at +1 longsword/+2 club after the third boss

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

DarkAvenger211 posted:

In the past what were the more popular platforms for Dark Souls? I'm looking to pick the game up for either PC or PS4, but I want the platform that would most likely have more players to choose from when doing invasions/coop and stuff. I don't even know if it's possible to get concurrent player numbers for PS4 like you can with steam.

i've never really had a problem doing multiplayer on the PC and it has the advantage of being able to cheat engine things like upgrade materials into the game

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Traxis posted:

Buy the key from the lady in Firelink (the 1,500 soul one, not the 20k) and then explore the sewers underneath Undead Settlement

I completely missed there was a cheaper key available :ughh:

had an enemy charge me and get stuck in the terrain

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Traxis posted:

Buy the key from the lady in Firelink (the 1,500 soul one, not the 20k) and then explore the sewers underneath Undead Settlement

I take it it only becomes available once I'm further in the game? Nobody at firelink has aonther key to sell

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

TheQat posted:

Lol I killed the guy with the stone on his back who you're supposed to get in firelink :downs:

I kind of hate the build i did so I might start over

I talked to him but haven't seen him appear there since unless I'm looking in the wrong place

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

il serpente cosmico posted:

I love that the devs gave us a Katana in the tutorial area this time around after making us wait a solid 30 hours in DS2.

there is one fairly early in DS2

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Are there any healing items other than estus in this?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

The only healing I've encountered other than estus so far is healing magic, and I think divine blessings. That's it, which is cool. Lifegems made things way too easy.

I'm just surprised at the sheer number of enemies that have stunlock attacks that can easily do 1/3 or more of my health bar if I get caught which is making going shieldless a lot harder

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Traxis posted:

You have to give her an ash you find in Undead Settlement for her wares to change.

Guess its time to hunt around undead settlement even more then

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

DeathSandwich posted:

Anyone able to sound off on the Large/Giant clubs? Are they still the legit str monster scaler in this game? Just looking at the numbers they seem to be not great compared to some of the other str scaling greatweapons (greataxe, greatsword/Zwei)

My guy started as a warrior and just got to the firelink shrine so I've got time to build my stats around whatever I decide on rolling with. I was considering trying to get the spiked mace from the Undead Settlement and rolling with a str/luck bleed build.

I'm currently using the large club and its going to need the infusion to boost scaling to get it up to A if I go that way. Its available pretty early on though and was the first I found ultra greatsword/hammer that i found and could use

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Ignimbrite posted:

Managed to grab a greataxe off one of those tall undead, it is preceding to own face against everything I throw it against

how good is it at knocking things over? i got a lucky drop right at the start of the game but i'm using the large club since i have the stats for it. hitting the dogs and watching them go flying is really satisfying

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

DeathSandwich posted:

So is anyone else not real super impressed with this game's iteration of the Large/Huge club? I'm not pancaking regular enemies and startup animation for some of the attacks may as well come with a written invitation to hit you first. It's hard to make it work when the enemies are much quicker and more aggressive than the previous games.

I should get the butcher's knife this evening, I'll try that out and see if I have any better luck with a faster heavy +str weapon.

I'm not a big fan but its the biggest weapon I've got that I can use

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Are heavy stones common/farmable? I'd like to upgrade my large club but not if i have to wait ages in case i find another ultra great sword

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

how far through the game do i need to be? Im at the cathedral at the minute

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I have to agree with the pointless message someone left in front of the cathedral's big blue door shortcut

Edit: it wasn't a shortcut lol. do the big giants respawn?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Ruggington posted:

I just beat the abyss watchers

when do I get to sunbro

you have to fall through the floor into a room with a door you can't open from the other side otherwise in the first house in undead settlement

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

loving patches. i even read a message someone had left too. Is it still possible to get across?

Jose fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Apr 14, 2016

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Zotix posted:

How do you jump on PC?

if you're using a controller press the left stick. is titanite common further into the game? I've not found much so far and want to start using the zweihander instead of the large club but don't have much titanite. I liked that DS2 just gave you tons of it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

Ah, had a feeling it might be that. Sort of wish I'd checked my gut instead of asking first. Thanks, though.

where is this? i've got the same problem but i'm not seeing any swamp, just walls and a door i can't get through

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

invaders being able to heal and near instant estus is a bit poo poo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i might be lost trying to find the next area in the swamp after beating the deacons but just got the black knight greatsword :getin:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

why do from love poison swamps so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

turtlecrunch posted:

The question is why you, a Souls fan, do not like this critical component of Souls games?

i like killing things not running around collecting items using a poison cure now and then