Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

am I understanding these PC requirements properly? If I have a 750ti and a 3570k @ 4.2 I'll need to upgrade to at least a 780 in order to play dank butts 3? :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

GreyPowerVan posted:

I want to play as deprived but I don't want points in luck. Weirdly enough, I discovered you can make two! Characters in this game, so I'll just make my first one a deprived .

I want to put all my points in luck. gently caress the last game's droprates.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I'm reading some wiki stuff on dark souls 3, and I am losing my poo poo at how many references there are to dark souls 1. Get hyppppee

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Still locked :(

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Lol

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Jose posted:

whats the point ina preload if i have to download poo poo on the day its released

I don't think they realize that people literally take work off or set aside time to play games exactly when it's unlocked.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

turtlecrunch posted:

Well if you are EST it's 6PM so it means you should be off work anyway unless you work the worst job in the world

I usually get home at 8pm EST...I get there at 8 in the morning and work till 7 at night.

The only reason I have off today is because I asked for the day off. I didn't even realize today was dark souls day until after the fact.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Minrad posted:

what is the goon matchmaking password

not that online is working

I also want to know this.

Also this game really doesn't like alt tabbing...

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Lol I tried to change my age, and the game crashed.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Does anyone else notice the sound "resets" itself after clicking anything? it's really awful

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Also the game minimizes anytime another window on the screen opens, so if someone messages you, the whole game minimizes! amazing!

(also game seems to run at 30fps on a 750ti on high, but I'm not sure if I trust that steam fps counter, it seems more like 25)

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Turn back huh, yeah yeah sure....

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I am apparently rusty as gently caress at this game, first time I went against that knight with the spearaxe got him down to 40% and now I can barely beat him <_< With a cleric.

was not expecting him to turn into that.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

-Xbox360 controller doesn't work. Based on the buttons on-screen, only an Xbox One controller will work, as the buttons referenced on the screen do not exist on the 360 controller.

-Xbox one controller does not automatically work with Windows 10 and its integrated Xbox experience.

-Not downloading DS4Windows because I'd like to play more than 30 minutes at a time before recharging the batteries.

-Of course, every time you turn on your Xbox One, there is an hour long process of updating the system hardware.

-System hardware on the Xbox One must be updated before the controller can be updated.

So, basically I made my character and I've been loving around with my controllers ever since, ready to rip out somebody's underwear through their throat.

I'm using a 360 wired controller just fine.

I have no idea where to go after firelink tho...uhhh?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

lets hang out posted:

Dark Souls III - Stick the sword in the ground in the middle of firelink

I did that. Do I have to grind poo poo to get the 20k souls for the key to progress??

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

also how do I get rid of my "unkindled" state? or go human or whatever it is. I died and I'm no longer hot 2 trot.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Yeah I put my lighting on low, no crashes at bonfires.

fuckin game CHUGS sometimes, wow. *spins camera, game ch-ch-chuuuuuuuuuuug ZOOM 40FPS* what the gently caress

I beat High Wall of Lothric, but I apparently missed a club somewhere <_<

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

SpaceDrake posted:

still want to find a scythe tho

There's one in the undead slums

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

apparently burning a shard does the same thing as burning an acetic in DS2....but it also boosts how stronk your sunnyd is

i do not like that.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Decrepus posted:

Can you give really vague/unspoilery directions? I named my character Taint Reaper in hopes of acquiring this powerful weapon.

IIRC, In undead settlement, you see that big giant on the tower firing his Bow? It's near a house where his arrows are going.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

il serpente cosmico posted:

Quick question about infusions: Do they only work on base weapons, or could I use a Sharpstone on a +5 Uchi to turn it into a Sharp Uchi? If I do this, will I lose any of the upgrade levels on it?

It'll make it a sharp uchi + 5

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Getting the loving firekeeper set has been the hardest thing in the game so far.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I didn't get the frost sword :(

Is there another place to pick one up?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

There's no NPC summons for Tree boss, right?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Harrow posted:

Would you guys recommend that I do (areas after Road of Sacrifices spoilers) Cathedral of the Deep or Farron Keep first?

I did the latter and I do not recommend doing the latter until you get a lot of poison resist. Also latter's last boss will push forward some questlines.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

BobTheJanitor posted:

The sounds are good but this reminds me: is the wind noise around firelink supposed to sound like it's constantly ramping up and then cutting off? I keep hearing that sound there, and in various other areas of the game, and I'm not sure if that's a bug or just an odd design choice. Just a constant whooooooooOOOOOOOSHHH-- sudden silence.

That seems to happen when you've selected something, or moved the "cursor" on what's selected. It causes its own noise, which seems to reset THAT noise.

I have no idea how that passed QA because it's loving annoying.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Mortimer posted:

did anyone else get disconnected from steam

I did. yes.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

progession questions: (spoilers inbound)

should I finish (locations) cathedral of the deeps, then finish Farron keep, then head to catacombs of carthus or irithyll of the boreal valley? Not sure which one I should head to first. I'm assuming it's former then latter?

I've given (characters) irina the "pure" tome only, and saved onion knight by giving the person's stuff back, and patches is hanging around, greirat is still alive, but has not gone on his second adventure yet. cornyx is still around, sirris is nowhere to be found but I haven't joined "that" covenant, Yuria is around having replaced Yoel. And Orbeck has been given the two of apparently four things.

I'm assuming if I do (location) Farron Keep, then the (covenant) wolfclan goes away, right? Am I missing anything?

Tried to make it as ambiguous as I could. Trying to not gently caress up questlines.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Harrow posted:

Oh, another question: what's my deadline for taking Yoel's offer? He up and dies if you reach a certain point regardless, right?

Apparently it's Abyss Walkers being defeated.

Zotix posted:

Is this game as dog poo poo on PC as I'm reading?

I have a i5 3570k @ 4.2, and a 750 ti. I have to put it on mostly mediums, but it doesn't really change my fps much at all. Anytime the game saves or loads a new area the game hhiiiiiiitchhhhes the gently caress out, or when it's trying to load things in the distance and you turn the camera. Upper part of the deeps area on the rafters was so loving laggy.

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Apr 14, 2016

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So the wiki says I should be able to summon 3 dudes for the abyss watchers fight, but I only see gotthard. I can't find sirris' summon sign anywhere, and I talked to her and she liked me. She's also missing so I'm not sure what happened...

Didn't see her summon sign near the deeps either.

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Apr 14, 2016

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Someone invaded me, a blue showed up, and they were stuck in standing animations, sliding around the map. I beat them...somehow.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

What's up with the friendly skeleton??

He's got a cute hat.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Harrow posted:

I do not like the Cathedral of the Deep, not one tiny loving bit. The whole outside zone is just one huge mob rush and this isn't loving Bloodborne, From, I don't have the toolset for this.

Haha, wait till you get to the loving ninja skeletons and skeleton giants that loving turn invisible as they charge you.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Cicadalek posted:

If it's the one I'm thinking of he has a dark secret: hat skeletons seem to control the 'boulders' in the crypt. If you kill them the boulder dies soon after.

Lol, you're right. One of the skeleton boulders had a crab popped out, and another pooped out a shard. thanks!

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

They drop kunais and everything! They also jump around you throwing them at you from every angle, straight outa naruto or some poo poo.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So I got to snowland. About how far in the game is that do you think?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Orv posted:

Right about half if you do everything.

Sounds about right with the previous games for me then. I did everything possible in one run and it took about 50-60 hours. So far steam says I've spent 30.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Tamayachi posted:

I will never pass up an opportunity to place these messages. Never. :colbert:

How are you doing two messages a line?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Party Plane Jones posted:

Yep but you could just dump that into the bottomless box and reset it apparently.

how does one do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Is anyone getting "invalid data detected" or whatever? I've been seeing reports of it on the forums, but the warning is pretty vague