Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Got summoned with another dude to help a host kill the first boss. Basically with all of us chainganking him we killed him in about 30 seconds without anyone taking damange, it was nuts.

I gotta say though, I miss that little chime that charged power attacks had in Bloodborne before they struck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Bogart posted:

Does the blue-caped knight in the area with the Way of Blue Covenant-Giver drop anything special? I just got killed on a lucky shot from his stupid buffed sword.

I dunno, but gently caress that guy. I always get him to half before he goes apeshit and kills me

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

SgtSteel91 posted:

How's the game running on PS4 for other people? I feel like there's some sort of hitchiness when I played. Is it just me?

Doesn't feel any different than when Dark Souls 2 first came out (not SotFS) as in I'm not noticing anything that's pulling me out of the game.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Picked Knight as my starting class for the stats and the longsword, took off the chest armor and helmet to go full roll. That's my suggestion to anyone who wants a nice easy start to the game.

Also, I love that when I get summoned to help with a boss, when I succeed I become a unhollowed AND I get an Ember in my inventory.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

"PCInvasion.com" posted:

You can insta-switch to your Estus Flask. Holding down on the D-pad (or equivalent) will instantly switch your item to the Estus Flask, which is tremendously useful if you have nine items equipped and suddenly need to heal. I believe it actually switches to the first item you have in a slot, and may also work for spells, but I can’t verify that.

Huh, I did not know this.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

BobTheJanitor posted:

Haven't really found anything to convince me to drop the starting longsword yet. Normally I like to go for big fuckoff slow weapons in souls, but since every monster in this game is apparently on fast forward, that may not be so viable. I tried fighting with a slower weapon for a little bit and gave up after I was getting the majority of my swings interrupted before they could connect.

I started with the Longsword, but switched to the Broadsword because it has slightly better stats, but at the cost of that thrust move.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

GreyPowerVan posted:

The long sword is also slightly faster. I swapped to the broadsword but regret it.

I may have to revisit the longsword to see that speed difference, that didn't click with me the first time around.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

RBA Starblade posted:

I mean at 20/20, would there be a better infusion than raw or should I aim higher to settle on before int/fth?

You could focus more on STR or DEX and then do a Heavy/Sharp infusion which would remove the scaling of either DEX or STR and greatly increase the scaling of the other stat.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Carl Seitan posted:

Dumb question, but where do I go after beating the Deacons of the Deep?

Have you gone back to the Road of Sacrifice and taken the route to head into Farron's area?

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

I will never pass up an opportunity to place these messages. Never. :colbert:

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

What do you guys think of the world in DS3?

12 hours in and no signs of DkS1-esque looping and intertwined zones. It feels all too linear with the occasional branch that goes off into a dead-end. Don't get me wrong - great game, but it's a long A to B path instead of the tangled world of DS1 and flower design of DS2. It's the least well-made game world of the series in my personal view. The world is a step down from the prequel.

I like it, it feels more Demon's Souls really with each world being it's own little sandbox.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Soon? Explain.

Edit: Well not, explicitly.

I took my time and fought the first one by baiting the double fist attack and cutting up his arms. The other one I just ran past and ignored. Dunno if there's a right way of doing it though :v:

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Yeah the second one is my focus because of all the items around him, but the mire he's in sucks to be in.

I get the feeling that those are really just going to be fading souls or something not worthwhile, with maybe one outfit or weapon mixed in.

So why did my pilgrim die? I talked to him once to get him to join my caravan, but never again. Did he die from lack of social stimuli? Did I need to feed him or take him for walkies?

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Frankston posted:

I've died to this motherfucking big ratdoglizard thing on the Irithyll bridge more than all the bosses I've fought so far combined.

The first time I saw that thing it made me think of that one boss from Super Metroid

It's even on a bridge!

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Daynab posted:

Which path is easiest, the one past Crystal Sage or the one past Abyss Watchers? I'm level 38 right now.

I did CS first and feel that one is easier

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Yeah, I really wish they brought back the small white soapstone because I want to just do some limited zone coop for a quick Ember, rather than go Sunbro and help a guy explore an entire zone that he's too afraid to do on his own.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

NESguerilla posted:

If I am at the boss after the crab pond/starting the poison swamp am I near a point where I'll start finding large shards? Also am I near a point where I will find a vendor that sells regular shards?

You've still got a little while to go before finding Large shards reliably, like 3 more zones I think.

il serpente cosmico posted:

Just stick a sign in front of a boss gate?

Nuebot posted:

just toss down a sign in front of a boss?

I've had more than one dude summon me at a boss gate only to do a 180 and start running through everything he skipped. I'll Black stone out of those ones, but still :(

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

A Magical Lamp posted:

Ok what's making this fat skeleton gently caress puke on me while I'm trying to hit his glowy bits? It's pretty much an instant kill so there must be something I'm doing wrong.

It's actually a pretty quick and easy fight, you just have to stay the hell away from him when he rears back to breathe out fartgas, wait for it to clear, then move into get one or two hits on his bling. It's like 5 hits per bracelet so just take your time.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
I got summoned as a sunbro for Treenuts at level 43 with a +4 Dark Sword. Some people are REALLY taking their time with this game.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

You're technically still in the range of people who haven't bothered to upgrade their weapons yet.

Isn't it a combination of weapon level and SL? I figured 43 would be a good deal too high for that area.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Is there some kind of connection between the Crystal Sage and Pinwheel because mechanically they're nearly identical.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

With the weapons part, is that just what you have equipped or what?

Pretty sure it's the highest weapon you have in your inventory so you can't just cheese and swap after a summon.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Oh dang, so my +4 frost sword that uses Twinkling counts as a +8 weapon in terms of summoning?

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Man, the NPC summon was way more helpful than any players for the Pontiff boss fight

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I stabbed a tree in the balls until it died.

You have completed the first step of your rite to manhood.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Internet Kraken posted:

Why? I get that the damage isn't as crazy as it was in DS2 but damage is damage.

Fextralife quotes:

Flynn's Ring was patched and now provides a 5% boost to a character's Attack Rating if they have nothing equipped at all. Once their weight has been raised to about 25, the boost from the ring becomes completely negligible.

It sounds like it's barely good if you're under 25 weight, and not worth it above that amount.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

RBA Starblade posted:

Is the seed of tree of giants back in? I thought red/mound invasions couldn't be attacked or hurt by npcs, but the crabs are killing me.

I got one from the DS2 giant tree right before the bridge to the tower outside Firelink shrine, the one you buy the key for. I did get invaded by a wolfbro once so I don't know if that's a factor or not.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Winkie01 posted:

God drat these Abyss Watchers even in co op I get beat. Is lvl 3 weapon to low?

I did it with a +3 dark sword, but I also used a fire resist shield and summoned the NPC dude to absorb hits while I fished for backstabs.

EDIT: ^^^ if you kite them towards the ones with red eyes, they'll fight each other if they hit one another, and you can get some free hits in.

EDIT2: vvvv I believe that's a shortcut lever for later on

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

codo27 posted:

Ok, is that the bonfire I can see from the bottom of the stairs of the elevator thing at Anor Londo? cause I cant figure out how to get to that either.

Nah, he's talking about the boss bonfire before that. I just got to the area you're in and got the first bonfire at the top before the giant set of stairs, the other one with all the floating messages is for later I'm sure.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

codo27 posted:

Still have no idea where to go.

Did you rotate the elevator thing back up while standing on it?

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Harrow posted:

Finally got invaded one-on-one for the first time in this game and we had an honorable duel and I won. That was pretty fun.

Yeah, the Wolfbro that invaded me watched patiently as I fought off two NPC invaders and then healed up for our match, it was close and a lot of Sword Arts happened, but I barely won it. Definitely feels good when you have a 1v1 setting.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

codo27 posted:

You mean the upper level of the church?

He's talking about the shortcut back to the Pontiff bonfire, not the bonfire you can see in the distance off the Corkscrew elevator

I think. I haven't gone up the stairs to Anor Londo proper and I can't wait to get home from work to see where that goes.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

RBA Starblade posted:

What's up with the fog door at Firelink? That wasn't there before.

I have no idea why that pops up since you can just warp to the bonfire right outside and then run in. :shrug:

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Huh, apparently Wolnir summons skeletons during his fight? Of the three times I've fought him I've never seen them.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
gently caress you Aldrich and your bullshit phase two arrowstorm/magic missile storm.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
If there is one thing I could change about this game, it'd be the ability to map the Kick skill to anything besides Left stick tap+R1 because god help me if I'm trying to change directions with my swing and end up kicking between two dudes rather than swinging my sword

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Also, I don't really get why in Lothric Both dragons die when I poke the boo-boo on the green one. Maybe it comes up later but it seemed really weird

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Every single step I take in this forest leads me to new nightmare horrors.

That's how I felt in one of the later zones. "Oh man, that's pretty nasty. Oh geeze, that's worse. OH GOD WHAT WHAT?!"

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
So I got summoned to help with a boss and the host was wearing the Dancer of the Boreal Valley armor, but I have no idea where they got it from. Any ideas?

EDIT: Apparently I give the boss soul to turn it into armor, I don't think I saw that option though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Orv posted:

Handmaiden sells it after beating her, might need certain ashes but I don't think so.

And there it is, sweet, thanks. Also, yeah you don't need any new ashes for it