Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Internet Kraken posted:

So what, is it a case where only the most powerful pyromancies have high stat requirements to equip? That's fine by me since I rarely used them anyways since they weren't terribly useful in PvE.

Basic Combustion is now built into the pyro flame itself, weapon skill style. So sounds like just having a Pyro Flame is basically 80% of the casual pyromancy experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

White Phosphorus posted:

This weapon arts business worries me. Does this mean I HAVE to use shields now?

Like others have said, Weapon Arts are not reliant on shields. I think there are even normal sized shields that still parry, so you still have the option to have a shield larger than a postage stamp and parry.

It can feel a bit odd when you are using a weapon skill that just forces you to two hand the thing anyways, such as the longsword stance. But that's still more convenient than stopping to switch between one and two handed wielding.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Earwicker posted:

These games absolutely "work inside their own universe" without consulting wikis etc in the same sense that a game like nethack does. its totally possible but you have to be very patient and very attentive to detail.

Keep in mind this is also largely still talking about DS1. Good luck understanding your Warrior or Bandit only has 5 I-frames on their naked front flip dodges in DS2, while in DS1 you can easily work out that 9 I-Frames is because you are flopping onto your back like a fatass, instead of the 11+ wearing less gear.

Meanwhile, I really only consulted a wiki in my mostly blind DS1 play to check what stuff I missed in areas I had beaten. (Wish I had known about that particular Ring before I had been through Blight Town and Sen's Fortress though :shepface:)

Section Z fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Apr 11, 2016

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

aas Bandit posted:

Ah, cool--thanks for the correction (and also, that's a pretty interesting feature)!

Id's much rather suffer diminishing returns than not be able to co-op at all, so I'm fine with it.

Then again I've never been big into the online stuff anyways, but I'm hoping to be at least a little more pro-active there this time around just for fun. If still stubbornly intending to make it through stuff myself.

WaltherFeng posted:

Important question: Can the knight fast roll with his starting equipment?

:eyepop:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

NowonSA posted:

My PS4 has largely made me resent playing games on my PC, since they load quicker, run smoother without craashing, and use a controller that doesn't hurt my hands.

Any suggestions for how to create my character? I'd like to have a fairly simple to play guy, but also have the ability to use some decent magic/ranged attacks. Basically make it quite noob friendly since I've played Bloodborne, but not any formally Dark Souls games.

Has anyone spoken to you about our lord and savior, lighting things on fire? Even with the minimal stats for Pyromancies, that's still enough to probably use every Utility spell in the game whether it's a Sorcery or Miracle.

Note to self actually make sure I can cast safe fall early on this time. Assassin comes with that spell, on that note. The stabby with a side of Sorcery start, to the Herald's stabby with a side in Miracles.

Other classes are solid enough and can readily work their way into casting once they get access. But things like Warrior for example, would take some notable investment to cast anything (Attune is not only your mana bar, but dictates how many spell slots you have).

Section Z fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Apr 11, 2016

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

GreyPowerVan posted:

You're in luck, they don't just get Safe Fall/Fall Control. Fall Control and Hush have now been combined into Spook, so now you are quiet and have the fall bonus.

I completely forgot about that, handy. I'm still planning on a Knight Start (Usually I've been Warrior on my first attempts), but I'm looking forward to grabbing as many utility spells and basic pyromancies on the side as possible.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Thanks!

I keep finding myself peeking at the Boss Soul gear to help make my choice and this is the first bit if actual spoiling on ds3 I've done and now I'm getting insanely hyped. Work is going to be so slow today.

I took a quick peek in the faint hope a DS1 weapon I always wanted but wasn't for players was in, and while it's not a cosmetically identical match I know I have another reason to want 32 strength in my future.

I still can't believe those fuckers in DS1 dropped a Greataxe as their second weapon drop, they didn't even use those :argh:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Tokyo Sex Whale posted:

Why do hedge clippers need 32 str

.... gently caress. I forgot about those :sigh:

I was talking about the DS1 Berenike knight's having a sweet jumbo mace though :v:

queeb posted:

so the partizan move set looks retarded good.
I'm glad the Longsword got it's one handed trust back, but I'm sad they took the basic spear's on demand one handed swipe away. So I'm hoping there is a wide variety of spears with that outside of the Partizan, as cool as it always is.

Unrelated, I am a huge idiot at grasping the full implications of Refined. Spoilers I guess in case people don't want upgrades mechanics visible, it seems to go back and forth. Is it basically pointless for a C/D or E/D weapon, or does it nudge up the lower value? What happens if you use it on a weapon with only one type of stat scaling?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
So if I'm reading into this right, Bluecops can't help anyone except people with Way Of The Blue equipped? Bluecops can't help fellow players equipped as Bluecops, bluecops can't help people equipped as Sunbros, etc?

RBA Starblade posted:

I hope we fight the Old Executioner in 3.

While I doubt it's in DS3, my half serious half joke hope is still Old Executioner's Chariot. His legs aren't what they used to be.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

RBA Starblade posted:

Give it bonewheel-wheels and you have the boss of the century.

On that note, I still maintain that the best possible DLC would be Bonewheel Demolition Derby, and Beast Skeletonwheel truck rally.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Zaphod42 posted:

That's not the question they're asking.

The question is whether a guardian of blue can co-op with a sunbro, not whether a sunbro gets a blue guardian (obviously not).

I'm not sure, but either way you can always swap your covenant at any time so its completely a non-issue.

It was the question I was asking because it sounded pretty limited at first glance :downs: Even with "Well just swap right?" commentary.

Boy, my fellow blue cops sure are going above and beyond helping others... What's that? An active bluecop is being invaded? Sorry, it's against union regulations to help you.

Logically at least, I know it's so Bluecops aren't getting matchmaking across literally every single player their servers can find. Which would be pretty crazy. I was just hoping there would be more spontaneous aid other options.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Internet Kraken posted:

You got stonewalled by the Last Giant?

My Warrior was until I googled up agility :v: I didn't even raise my I-frames for him, just the mere knowledge changed loving everything. Even for someone like me who isn't exactly "Good" at dodging, it made more than enough difference.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Harrow posted:

Knight or Warrior, believe it or not. Knight is better if you're leveling Attunement, Warrior is better if you aren't. This is all for very long-term build stuff and they're all within a few points of each other, so it's not a huge deal, but that's how the math works out. (Knight has low Luck so non-Luck builds save points there; Warrior has low Attunement, so builds that don't care about spell slots or FP save points there.)

There's a calculator you can use here: https://battlecalculator.com/dark-souls-3-class-selector/

Disregard this entirely if you're more interested in what weapon you start with and don't care that much for "PvP meta build maximum efficiency."

I threw a few lazy "This build probably won't be Optimal™ but I want to use X Y and Z" numbers at that, and every time time Knight and Pyromancer was tied.

Just as I knew in my heart.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

b0red posted:

video games and drugs never mix

Ninja Five-0 was actually pretty okay, if a GBA game instead of an arcade one.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I didn't bother reading the OP. Should I buy this game? Is it good? I heard you can hit things with swords.

Yes to all four, possibly five of those things.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Another day, another Souls PC Port. Maybe we'll get some form of hotfix sooner rather than later, hopefully :saddowns:

_Endgame_ posted:

Trip report: Got to Firelink shrine without dying and beat the ice lizard whatchamacalit. Gundyr got me down to a sliver admittedly but just...this game. THIS loving GAME. SO GOOD. Warrior is also OP as hell I mean one shot every basic enemy with 2H what were they thinking.

An apology for Warrior start in the last game.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Sleazoid posted:

I keep getting wrecked because I'm trying to be aggressive all the time. The regain and 20 health potions from Bloodborne have gave me some habits that need kicking.

The self awareness of such things is the pivotal step in the process of the most important feature of these games.

Revenge.

In case of first time victory, this is considered preemptive revenge. AKA, Prevengeance

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Rolo posted:

So no soul memory??? Can I farm my heart out?

Correct, and at some point you can start buying those item discovery coins for fairly cheap. I've heard goons comment along the lines of "Three set drops from a single enemy'

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Vikar Jerome posted:

is there a new patch? im downloading a 108mb file on steam...

also a bunch of other random games are scheduled for download too? i've never seen this many games suddenly require an update before at once

I doubt it's Darksouls related. Every single installed game I have has an "update". Even things no longer for sale like Cryostasis.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
The main one I'm hazy with is Refined, with it's full implications.

Is it just entirely pointless on D/C or D/E weapons? What happens with weapons that don't have one type of scaling in the first place?

Or is it primarily for nudging C/E weapons into D/D weapons? outside of the rare snowflakes that actually have B or A scaling build in.

The rest seem simple enough to grasp. It's just the Refined loving with me.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

The Shortest Path posted:

The letters only give a vague idea of what the scaling percent actually is, with each one being a range of percents that it never tells you. Using refined on a D/E weapon will generally turn it into a D/D weapon but the first D is a bit lower.

I think how it works is that it averages the two, so if a weapon has 40% STR scaling and 20% DEX scaling it will give you 30% in both. That could be totally off base though.

You'll want to look at the bonus number for each infusion to see which one is giving you more and out of what stat.

Well, that is much more promising. A letter upgrade is still a letter upgrade, regardless of the mystery math. So should be something to look forward to when I get around to checking those out.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
So I finally bit gave the game a shot rather than wait on a patch with the advice of Shadows/Light Low and SSOA. Have not played too deeply in so far but hey no crashes yet, and I'm still primarily blind so I was feeling pretty good dealing with the thing past "Turn Back" :buddy:

Oh it's the first proper boss okay well I've taken some hits but at least I have my estus still :staredog: Why yes let's use those firebombs I just found and win down to the wire Jesus. Hardly bragging rights as a Knight but hey, feels good.

Then I got pasted by the next example of such things :v: Primarily the handful of death's I've had so far have been pretty reasonable-Oh there was a LOWER platform I could have plunging attacked from, let's use that next time instead of dropping off this guy's head with 1/4 health and then rush in like an idiot while he's casting a spell.

Feelin good about early game deaths, a nice solid class start helps drive home the fact it's my own loving fault. Rematch went much better and with baby's first shortcut, delightful.

This game is so going to loving murder my sense of optimism later, such is the way of hubris.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

double nine posted:

Has anyone else had a lot of trouble doing kicks? I can do them maybe 20% of the time and the rest are regular attacks. Kind of annoying.

Due to murphys law, my most frequent kicks are when I wiggle the stick wrong while trying to land the last normal hit in a combo needed to kill a guy.

"Slash slash slash aaand... kick? Oh gently caress" need to learn to lay off the sudden stick motions mid combo unless I need to dodge or leaping heavy.

Trying to do them on purpose, about 3/4 times. Though I expect that will improve with getting used to the timing of kicks, and when it is safe to use them again. Just like how I'm starting to get comfortable interrupting knight attacks with longsword thrusts.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

poptart_fairy posted:

Speaking of dorks, I have character names instead of account ones switched one and I'm so happy the Dark Souls community is full of lore nerds. Except for a couple of tryhard DARK MESSIAH and FARTY KILLER type invaders, nearly everyone I've summoned, invaded or been invaded by has had an RP-ish name such as Lion Knight Ulfric, Eileen of Ornheim, etc. It's a bunch of dumb fun and I love it.

I'll have you know Roger, and Roger Jr are highly lore appropriate names!

For a constantly dying idiot.

Fake Edit: Oh that's right, the plot of Space Quest 1 involves Relighting their dying sun so thank you hindsight.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
So uh.... What exactly do you get for beating a red phantom summon? I don't seem to have gotten anything for my troubles when I summoned a Red Phantom at Foot Of The High Wall on a whim since I had just leveled up and only had 183 souls on me anyways.

At least I won. Not knowing any better, I summoned a guy who was wearing the spiked armor and just spent the whole time rolling with me flailing away uselessly like an idiot for WAY too long, before I decided to trust the force, and two hand my longsword with no lock on.

I guess he was so surprised to be hit semi consistently by a guy wearing the default knight equipment that he never thought to take a second estus :v:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

il serpente cosmico posted:

I think that sentiment is dumb, btw :)

I agree, and I'm not exactly great at these games. But even with my stupid deaths in the early game (Just in the middle of Undead Settlement) this game has felt like it's had an overall very smooth and forgiving early game. To be fair, I did take knight start. But even my mediocre skill is baffled at how many non gravity related bloodstains there are some places.

My skill level seems to be entirely random though. I'll chump the blue Lothric Knight with red eyes even with whatever it is that sword buff does, Twice. Then proceed to die to a normal lothric knight 5 times in a row like a moron trying to farm his clothes :v:

Also, is it me or does parrying take a shitload of Stamina? I've found myself having an easier time parrying with my knight shield in this game than my attempts at early game parries in DS1/DS2. But if I get so much as just a partial parry, that seems to take so much of my stamina that I'm in a bad way while a knight still has the rest of their combo to go if I don't just abort entirely to gain some distance.

Parrying feels like a mix of more forgiving to accomplish (don't know if true or just muscle memory), and highly punishing to only get a partial success. At least your endurance starts to refill just in time to riposte though, I've done a lot of mid combat parries that completely emptied out my stamina bar, awkwardly standing there in front of the staggered guy for a moment before I'm allowed to riposte.

Always great to be able to take an action even with only a pixel of stamina though.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Gnumonic posted:

I've beaten the game 4 times (ng+ once) at this point, and I'm convinced that they really need to either nerf small fast weapons by like 20-30% or buff large weapons by an equivalent amount. Outside of maybe the FUGS, every single greatsword/ultra greatsword is outclassed in dps (if not straight damage) by a regular/refined longsword. (I'm also fairly certain that the regular old knight starting armor is the best defense/weight ratio in the game, so if you start as a knight there's basically no reason to ever change your equipment outside of heavy elemental damage fights).

Well, there is some kind of "rebalancing" coming the 18th. It namedrops things like the Greatsword specifically, along with the end "And many more rebalances and also some bugfixes".

So clearly they will nerf all of them :pseudo: That said, I've been sticking with my longsword over my Claymore primarily for it's faster swings. Enemy combos are faster than DS1 so my mediocre timing is always slightly off trying to beat things to the punch with a claymore. I still want to later down the line hit 32 STR so I can play with a bunch more toys one handed though.

Bigger weapons/more weapons could definitely go for having better scaling by default though. Large Club and Great Club are only C scaling. That Great Mace and Great Axe are D scaling, etc etc etc. The FUGS you mentioned is one of the few melee weapons in the game that has A scaling by default too. They probably have everything so low for scaling to make the infusions more significant without also letting you reach A, or even B scaling on most weapons.

The frequency of :geno: scaling is also why I had no idea what the point of the Refined gems were until I had it pointed out to me that the Letters are not a static amount and D or C on one weapon may be different scaling than a C or D on another. Because at first glance it looks like "What loving good is using Refined on all these E/D C/D weapons when it brings down the higher scaling?"

I don't mind smaller weapons having good hits though. Not like I can kill a Lothric knight in a single R1 combo with my Longsword anyways right now, but it's also not doing poo poo damage to early game bosses per hit. Nerfing smaller weapons doesn't help the situation for larger weapons, it just makes things more lovely for everyone.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Apr 17, 2016

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Cthulhuite posted:

I'm really having trouble :(

Played and completed Dark Souls 2, had fun, was fairly good - never really had too much trouble, some spots I might die and redo 10+ times but it was always because I didn't have the enemy patterns down and I could feel myself improving the more I played.

I've been playing 3 for the last couple of days and I cannot get good, I die all the time, or I get smashed to bits and have to use all of my estus within 2 minutes of spawning and I can't tell what I'm doing wrong. I can't get further than the second bonfire on the walls of Lothric and I feel like there's some fundamental thing I'm not getting.

I'm playing a Knight, tried going two handed or sword and board, doesn't make much difference. I kinda feel like there isn't enough room to roll about like there was in DS2? And I just get shield broken a lot if I try defending.

Any tips? Videos I can watch? Something I'm missing?

I'm not exactly good at these games, but a few tips for "Casual playing knight made it through the Walls pretty okay".

The mutating guys? gently caress em, just run past them. You can prevent their transform if you kill the low health hollow fast enough, but gently caress it run past. The one closer to the start has a longbow to loot near it, so if you don't have that yet just make a run in to loot it even if you can't escape.

Knights will get interrupted for most of their attacks if you hit them before they hit you. If they don't have their shield at the ready then you can learn to beat them to the punch between praying you can parry. If they go into the fancy stance get ready to dodge, because that poo poo will guard break you from full stamina, and they will have enough extra poise to not care about one longsword hit when like that. That shield shove of theirs will eat a ton of stamina if you block it, too.

I tend to default to Longsword just because of how friendly it is to muscle memory., then switch out to my other weapons once I'm familiar with enemies. Started with the longsword against knights because it's easier to sneak in hits, then transitioned to whatever the hell I felt like. Repeat in new areas.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

NESguerilla posted:

So how are sharp weapons supposed to be good? My character is Dex but making something sharp just seems to make it worse. Is there something I'm missing that makes this infusion any good?

While I haven't played with them yet (I have one sharp stone and I'm still just 18/14 STR/DEX anyways), they ramp up the DEX scaling in exchange for a small drop in base damage and a hit to STR Scaling.

For example (if the wiki is right), a +10 Regular Longsword is 220 base, with C/D scale.
But supposedly, a +10 Sharp Longsword is 203 Base, with C/B scaling.

My 18/14 STR/DEX gives me +20 strength for the default D/D scaling on a vanilla +0. So if I actually had proper DEX investments it would likely more than make up for it in the end. I would not be surprised if you took a loss overall in damage from lower + upgrades unless you already had a lot of DEX. Because it probably hasn't given you "Great" scaling yet at just +0 or +1 switching it over to Sharp.

Wiki is kind of a mess though so who knows how accurate that all is. The front list shows a bunch of +10 numbers but it you try to look at Regular or Raw specifically it's nothing but question marks for +10.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

ShadowMar posted:

if you do it a lot you'll get banned from playing with other people. if your internet disconnects, you alt + f4, the game crashes, or any other way of disconnecting from an invasion it counts towards that. you will have to use your one time use way of white circlet to unban yourself.

crystal does not affect this at all afaik

Does accidentally closing the game like an idiot when NOT being invaded, just near by but not sitting at a bonfire count towards it? I wanna be optimistic but you never know. Though it did pop up the "Hey you didn't quit properly" message when I started it back up.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Dumb question, have you always been able to see Purple Bro summons while Not Embered? I was futzing around the Wall again to see if an enemy I just unlocked the door too respawns, and I saw a purple sign by the first bonfire (It's gone now though).

If that wasn't just some passing glitch, then I guess Purp Bro's Co-Op niche would be "Helping people too cheap to use an Ember"?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
"Hmm, I'm at full health, but I'm not sure if I can quite survive this fall. Better use a prism stone. Oh good, it landed intact with a clank so I should barely survive like the last three times I've done this"

You Died

Prism Stone, I thought we were bros?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Orv posted:

Definitely used to be.

While I wouldn't be surprised if it killed me because I landed 3 inches farther down a slight incline than "technically safe" distance, it would just figure if they changed it just to gently caress with people too :v:

EDIT: So they still break after a long enough fall, but also land intact in plenty of places I know would kill me by a good margin. Maybe it's just to gauge "This is officially instant death distance"? I would not be surprised if I've been making false assumptions about how these work :downs:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Apr 19, 2016

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I've finally started to do some sun broing for boss help, and things have been going steadily downhill for helping people with Crystal sage.

"I helped somebody beat a boss :buddy:"

"Huh, my Host was just sliding around most of the fight and I got to deal 90% of the boss's health as it stood still, before it popped us back to normal"

"Okay time to finish...this? *4 minutes of me and host smacking around an invincible copy* welp."

I feel like such a jerk black crystaling out, but not much I can do to an buggy invincible boss :v: But at Host probably understood as we both hid behind a pillar in sad poses after attacking the boss out of spite for 4 minutes straight.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I don't mind when people take my boss door summon and then run back to clear out the rest of the map.

But would it kill internet strangers to give the guy wearing wizard robes in front of the wizard battle 10 seconds to change their equipment before they gently caress off, forcing me to track them down while invaders start showing up?

I'm not exactly Pro PvP mans, so these guys jumping off a ledge down towards the invaders while I'm still catching up to them is pretty awkward.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Apparition posted:

What? Why?

hampig posted:

Yeah, why? I even thought DS2 was a great game but ADP sure as hell wasn't one of the reasons why.

People who "miss" ADP are thinking in terms of "God, I miss Fast roll I-Frames while wearing Havels" And not it's worthwhileness as a mechanic at large.

I admit, I would be less down on ADP in DS2 as a concept, if you didn't have to work your way up from "Worse than a DS1 Fat Roll". Particularly with some of them having only 5 to start, regardless of it skipping to 8 with your first upgrades :wtc:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
No it's cool, I'll just barely survive saving you from a Red phantom and purple bro with my chump casual tier skills, and you can just black crystal me out after I help you kill the giant crab to honor duel the farron watchdog yourself sure.

The thrill of "Oh my god I actually beat people while the host used me as a bodyguard I'm not the literal worst at PvP!" is swiftly crushed in those circumstances :sigh:

EDIT: The real hell of it is there are plenty of summon signs where I'm putting mine by the boss door. But no, pick out the guy wearing Sorcer set+Solair helmet, Flamberge, and Blue wooden shield for your Run around the level fighting mans. Not one of the three people with lategame boss soul weapons.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Apr 20, 2016

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
So I just googled up that using the Black Crystal apparently counts against your permanent record of online naughtiness or something.

Does that wear off eventually, or will I just be that much closer to needing to use the White circle because of the times I've crystaled out against a glitched into invulnerability boss after 5 minutes of useless beatings?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Zombies' Downfall posted:

I think they get a vertebra if you die

Also p sure hollow players can summon purples

I keep seeing purple signs while not embered so seems so? I've yet to summon one while in such a state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Good feelings.

When you are wearing the deserters armor set and a +0 morningstar, summon a red sign for giggles, and force somebody using the magical hitbox Vordt hammer and Pursuer's shield to run away and black crystal out with most of your estus left.

The vast majority of the damage I took was from the apparent hitbox of the vordt heavy attack being a mile wide, but I got over that eventually. Still baffled I'm not the literal worst at darksouls.