Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

I'm kind of afraid of the pc specs. 750 TI minimum req? I'm running a 560 ti, and ran DS2 with absolutely no fps loss.... That's not a real minimum is it?

Considering DS3 is designed to run on systems magnitudes more powerful than DS2... probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Avalanche posted:

What stats do I focus on if I want to make a viking warlord warrior dude bro that just smashes poo poo to pieces with an axe and uses absolutely no magic?

VIT, END, VGR, STR. There's even a starting class that is a viking looking guy with the Battle Axe, too.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

The Walrus posted:

Is there any downside at all to running pure strength and raw on a giant club or something, then respeccing to an int/faith to rep chaos once you have the mats to make weapons?

Nope. You can only respec 5 times per playthrough though, and it requires a covenant item each time, so be certain you know what you're doing beforehand.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

2 Hours Left, bust out your Majora's Mask music or something.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Desperate Character posted:

are you not allowed to level up at the first bonfire? I went deprived because I wanted to build my levels up as I go in the game but this first boss is such a pain in the rear end during the second stage I might as well switch classes for now and do a level one run after I beat the game a few times and get used to this system of dodging.

Fire Keeper handles leveling. If you're talking about Gundyr then :roflolmao:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

GreyPowerVan posted:

does literally everyone just play the game with 2 phantoms at all times? all 4 of my invades have been 3v1s lol

I think it's more that invasions are weighted for you to invade people with phantoms. Also, new game, high population density in the early zones, etc.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Miracle NPC: I hear if you give her the dark miracle tomes, something bad happens later. Is there another NPC that takes dark miracle tomes anywhere?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Irithyll is the most gorgeous zone in any game, ever. I also managed to find Smouldering Lake all by myself, can't wait to see what crazy things are down here.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Gortarius posted:

Can you get the super broken dualwield maces in this game, ala DS2?

Maybe :ssh:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Steely Glint posted:

Quick boss question. I'm currently level 25 with three bosses killed so far and am now working on High Lord Wolnir but having very little success. Have I skipped a boss/zone or do I just need to get good?

He's a gimmick boss. I'm sure you can figure it out. You did miss a zone but even then that's probably not the issue.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Orv posted:

Boss fights in this are weirdly draining in a way the series hasn't been before.

Everything is just so goddamn aggressive that you really have to think on your toes, and everything has second phases, desperation moves, etc. etc. etc.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Zombies' Downfall posted:

DS2 estoc had weird bad scaling and DS1 estoc had to compete with the BSS

But this... this will be the year of estoc...

Lothric Knight Sword exists and it's BSS 2.0 with true B/B scaling with Refined infusion. It also has 110 Critical if that wasn't enough.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Frankston posted:

I didn't even know you could do that, awesome.

You gotta find Loretta first before you can get him to loot, though.

kanonvandekempen posted:

I found the axe that does 'deep' damage on the high wall, is it viable? It seems pretty good for now but I have a feeling that it will drop off quite soon because it doesn't scale with strength/dexterity. Also what is deep damage exactly?

Deep is non-scaling Dark damage. There's regular Dark later that scales with INT/FTH, and Fire has a similar setup where it has scaling/non-scaling infusions. Your hunch is sort of correct, but you could upgrade the Axe as normal and have it perform well all game. It all depends on if you want a no-stats Dark-elemental Battle Axe, really.

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Apr 13, 2016

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

How do I get to this area in Irithyll? It's the area behind the first shortcut gate you see, but I can't for the life of me puzzle out how to actually get down there.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Phoix posted:

If I remember that spot correctly one of the railings is an illusory wall.

It was indeed. I guess I've gotta look out for crafty stuff like that in the future.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

When do I get the Darkmoon gesture from Sirris? I'd like to grab the Darkmoon badge but also join the other mutually exclusive covenant later, if that's even possible.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Shakill OReal posted:

I think I've been softbanned and I have no idea why. I see phantoms and messages but no summon signs and I don't get summoned anywhere. I even made a new character and couldn't get a summon at the very first bonfire after Firelink.

I was softbanned in both DS1 and DS2 for editing save files but it ruined both games for me and I learned my lesson so I've played completely legit. I'm going to be really bummed out if it happened again, especially before I had an opportunity to play much at all.

Did you alt-f4 out of an invasion like a coward?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

It's a shame the Irithyll Straight Sword is a piece of garbage, because A) ice, B) particle effects, and C) straight sword. It caps out at the equivalent of a Raw Astora Sword's +6.

Sakurazuka posted:

Where did blind miracle lady disappear to? :(

Also am I safe to join the invaders covenant now that woman at firelink has said I can summon her or does it break her quest if you're with them at all?

Check Gundyr's bonfire or the peak of the tower above Firelink.

Sirris will get pissed and break the quest if you join the Fingers, yes. I've heard that she might not notice if you just join it but don't offer any tongues or equip the badge, but that's just rumors. It's best to wait until later if you really want to do her questline.

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Apr 16, 2016

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Bohemian Nights posted:

Why are those things bad?

They're not, it's just that the sword is terrible in spite of these awesome qualities. Looking cool and having frostbite attached doesn't make up for the fact that it hits like a pillow, and it can't even be buffed...

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

So the Nameless King is blatantly Gwyn's Firstborn, right?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

I don't know if it's a glitch but has anyone noticed you don't take damage from bleed meter if you are interacting with something like opening a door

You're REALLY invincible while interacting with objects.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

CJacobs posted:

The "get all rings" achievement counts the +1 and +2 variants that only spawn in NG+ and NG++, supposedly, so I would feel bad for anybody who's actually trying to do that one if that's the case.

The real hard part is maxing out several covenants. I'm thinking it might just be easier to farm enemies for their rare covenant drops rather than actually do them the proper way.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

DontMindMe posted:

This works well for the Wolf covenant, since the farm is very fast (the three enemies are right next to a bonfire in swamp area).

Mound is a nightmare. I ended up just getting them all from pvp because the enemies only dropped 3 over a few hours.

I'm only farming for Wolf and Darkmoon cause they suck and it's hard to get summoned. Sunlight, Aldrich, Mound-makers, and Rosaria are straight-forward cause you just have to invade (and the Aldrich zone is super popular).

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Haha no. Farming for the Blue Sentinel items is insanely tedious. With 99 luck, gold serpent ring, the mimic hat, a rusted gold coin, and the crystal rapier 9 (i.e. basically the maximum item find possible), people are reporting a drop rate of 1 in 30 from Silver Knights.

Wolf Covenant is easy to farm, and Mound Makers / Sunbros you can farm by doing invasions with the covenant equipped, which is a lot faster in my experience. So basically it's just Sentinels that sucks hardcore.

poo poo. Fuckin blues :argh:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I think I made a big mistake outleveling/outgearing for Aldrich PVP. The only zones I can reliably get hits in are the arduously tedious Grand Archives and the final zone where I consistently warp into 4-man ganksquads. Guess I should have ground out my medals and ears at the start of them game where invasions are simple and blue hits are common.

Any maniac with loads of medals and ears (yeah right) have any spare? :kiddo:

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Apr 18, 2016

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

a cop posted:

What level?

86, but that doesn't matter anymore with password matching. Add me on Steam and let's figure this out, assuming you are also on Steam.

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Apr 18, 2016

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

a cop posted:

I'm ps4 sorry!!

gently caress

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Obligatum VII posted:

So, the game seems REALLY stingy with titanite slabs. I've found only two One that Seigward gave me, one that Havel was guarding, which is a shame because there are several weapons I'd like to max.

is there any point that the ability to get slabs in an unlimited supply opens up? Is it miserably tedious? The shrine lady sells everything but slabs in infinite supply for me.

There's several hidden around Lothric Castle. The golden angels on top of the archives drop one if you kill all 3, and there's one hidden under the second elevator at the last shortcut.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Captain Oblivious posted:

Covenant items can't be traded I'm afraid. Discovered this today. :ughh:

gently caress

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

he is the same as them. watch the cutscene when you fight him

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Mindblast posted:

So right at the very start you have that vista of a giant castle and it doesn't appear to be Lothric. Do we actually get to go there?

And in that same vein, you can see... some structure in the distance right behind the settlement. You see it in the back and to the left if you warp to the first bonfire of that area. I first thought it was part of the Borean Valley but that doesn't make sense in relation to where you can see the castle.

I know none of it matters but it's fun to figure out.

I think every obvious visible area is someplace you can visit.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I AM BRAWW posted:

How is the healing from Pontiff Eye? Deeece?

It takes like 5-6 hits for it to even start, and then it's Evil Eye levels of replenishment.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Someone talk me out of doing a luck build character. I was a sucker for the Blueblood Sword in Demon's Souls and here Anri's Straight Sword and the entire Hollow infusion is basically the same thing. I'm thinking primarily luck with some STR for some nice beefy weapon options since I did a DEX build my first time through.

This series has a way with making me brainstorm poo poo way too hard.

Anri's Straight Sword hits ~400 AR at +5/40 Luck, is buffable, and has HP regen.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

So who is the waifu of this game

Is it dancer and her rear end?

Is it the Firekeeper?

Is it Wolnir?

This time it's the player character.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

Wait now the elevator won't even go up, it keeps going back down to a titanite slab. How do I fix this?

You probably figured out this puzzle earlier :ssh:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

where's the elite knight set?

Buy it from the store after finishing Anri's questline.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Spotted my first hacker, some invincible guy with speedhacks, sped up attacks, and infinite stamina :sigh:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Shoutouts to Cruzer 0 (I know you're reading this), thanks for summoning me and letting me beat the tar out of you a few times :h:

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Apr 19, 2016

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Anyone know if you can get blue hits while sitting at a bonfire? I'm going to get these 30 ears even if it kills me.

Also, whoever said you can't drop covenant rewards earlier is just flat-out wrong. In fact, you have to drop one for crow trading.

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Apr 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

porkinson posted:

Mad phantom is the most fun pvp thing I ever had in a souls series.
I usually drop my summon sign near some hard enemy, like that knight slayer npc invasion in the catacombs and just help the host kill it then co op with him until a shortcut opens or we find a bonfire, then it's pvp time.

Edit: How many ranks are there in a covenant? I already have 2 from mound makers and the prizes aren't amazing.

Apparently every covenant maxes out at 30 offerings. Technically it seems like they max out at 99 (as in there is a special message that you cannot offer any more) but the last reward is at 30.