Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
I'm going to play this game on Tuesday, it will be a good one I think!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Internet Kraken posted:

I've never gotten Patches to spawn my first time going up the tower. He only spawns if I go in a second time, and there's no point to doing that so I'd never have found him if people in the thread didn't explicitly tell me to go back there.

I also just discovered that he has unique dialogue for locking you in there when your character is male.

"Don't feel bad! Its every man's dream, right? Surrounded by tons of ladies!" :lol:

The NPC quests are usually esoteric but it was next to impossible to accidently run into them and I'm hoping that the new update means that you can find Patches and Siegward while progressing through the Cathedral normally.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
The descriptions on the Corvian weapons indicate that the Painted World still exists and that these horrible, terrible crow people are trying to find their way there.

However, Irithyll is also a Painted World reference; you get a doll in order to cross a barrier into a snow world and the painting guardian set is located near Yorshka, who looks exactly like Priscilla.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

That is the Undead Settlement.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

1. Bridge next to the bonfire with the first Evangelist and the estus shard.
2. Roofs with the Thralls were you can jump down to join the Mound-Makers.
3. Bridge past those roofs that leads towards the Cliff Underside bonfire area.
4. Archway with the firebomb throwing hollows sitting that connects to the Cliff Underside bonfire.
5. Tower with the Mirrah Set and Chloranthy Ring next to the tree boss
6. Secret area where you fight a demon with Seigward
7. Graveyard the giant shoots at after the Dilapidated Bridge bonfire
8. Alleyway that leads to the Dilapidated Bridge bonfire and the Mad Holy Knight Hodrick invasion.

The layout is the same as the Undead Settlement and the buildings look the same when the character gets close to them, especially the tower with the Mirrah Set.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Bombadilillo posted:

I'm no From lore detective so this might be babies first interpretation. But is the 'first flame' literally The Sun?

DS1 intro is fighting dragons in stormy cloudiness, DS3 ends with the sun dark signed and melting away to the age of dark.

Is this so obvious that nobody actually states it in any lore videos or things I've read? It's been years since I read DS1 lore.

When the first flame first shows up, it's a sunrise.

Also the dark ending of this game is letting the first flame go out, but it's okay because the fire keeper says that there are other flames in the distance. By other flames she means other star systems.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Genocyber posted:

My hopes for DLC are Londor, the Deep, and Carthus. Want to fight a young and badass Wolnir.

I think that a DLC with Gwinevere, Gertrude, and Ocelotte is almost a sure thing.

I'm going to go with:

1. Lothric Royal Family Drama
2. Primordial Serpents
3. Nito

Nito is conspicuously absent from this game. All the other lord soul bosses from the first game have references or connections in this game but Nito only seems to have that one frieze in the Farron Keep.

Proposition Joe fucked around with this message at 02:14 on May 6, 2016

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
I don't think they'll go more into the "Deep" just because Aldrich is such a major presence in the main game and has so many areas devoted to him and his lore already.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

BobTheJanitor posted:

It's sad that there's no green phantom, ruining the possibility of a perfect phantom rainbow: Normal invader, sunbro invader, sunbro, (no green), bluecop, forest/aldrich, mad purples.

Forest invaders should have been green IMO.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I don't think 2 would look good on DS3's engine except maybe for lighting. DS2 levels are basically featureless boxes with no atmosphere.

Well that's the thing isn't it? They're featureless boxes because it was supposed to be dark enough that you would never have been able to see the giant ugly walls and such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

mastershakeman posted:

The the souls games reference the kings ones?

Also how the hell do you nerds always recognize theme music so freaking easily there's like 100 drat bosses between the 4 souls games

Seathe and the Moonlight Greatsword are both from the King's Field games. I think the snakemen from Sen's Fortress are as well?