Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe
I've been keeping my hype in check because really, a 40 year old man shouldn't be getting excited for video games any more. But holy poo poo am I pumped for tomorrow!

I can't remember if this was answered in the last thread, but is there a password system this time? And if so has a goon password been decided yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe

aas Bandit posted:

I'm pretty sure someone said in the other thread that a password was no longer a thing, but I could be wrong. Also, I'm older than you are and pumped as hell (and quite a few people at work are taking Tuesday off--granted, I work in a game studio, so it's not your normal bunch of supposed adults, but still...)
Ok cool, thanks. And yeah the age comment was more tongue in cheek than anything. Tomorrow can't get here soon enough as far as I'm concerned.

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe

Orv posted:

The password still exists, still lets you ignore SL and will manage your power level if it is massively different from the summoner.
Huh, ok that's good to know.

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe
I'm fairly certain that my PS4 version is going to work on my PS4.

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe

DrNutt posted:

Yeah, this is the strat I've been attempting. But I end up getting hit by something and then caught on level geometry or some poo poo and it only takes seconds to be completely hosed. I know how to beat Capra Demon, I want to know if there is something as lovely in the first few hours of the new game. I know this stuff is subjective but I'm just looking for some opinions.
I'm a couple of hours in and no I haven't seen anything like the Capra demon fight at all.

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe
Dark Souls 2 is a very good game. So are 3 and 1. Bloodborne is also pretty good.

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe
Can you still use the Quickstep exploit to move through the swamp quickly or did that get patched out?

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe
My young daughter has a habit of picking up the controller when I leave the room for a moment and doing something terrible to my character. It’s usually something as simple as flinging the character off the closest cliff, but has on occasion resulted in her mercilessly attacking every NPC in sight until I can wrestle the controller back from her. She finds this endlessly entertaining.

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe

Amppelix posted:

This is why "quit game" is the actual pause button in souls games
Yeah, but where’s the fun in that? The real Dark Souls starts when you have children in the house invading your game.

——

A pause button would be fine if you were in offline mode. Wouldn’t make much sense in multi unless it was disabled during invasions and summoning.

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe
More like ole pauseless.

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe

xanthan posted:

Thief ring, poison cloud, slow death without even aggroing. It's hilarious.

Yeah, but that’s after you know the ins and outs of the game. Flamelurker was hard as gently caress and a huge stumbling block for people the first time through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe
Darth Depardieu?