Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Giant seeds regenerate at the tree giant in firelink every time you get invaded, they're not so precious

I never would have found this out on my own.

Worlds are going to burn.

Toiwat posted:

I'm failing miserably at forming a mental map of the swamp area after the keep. Stupid swamps.

I don't like the level design in that area. I have trouble determining where exactly I am because everything looks the same.

Hommando fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Apr 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

a cop posted:

How do you say "Hey!" ?

Buy the 20k souls key to get to the top of firelink, jump onto the roof, leave a homeward bone in the crow's nest.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Zotix posted:

How do you get a + on the Estes flask? I know how you get more of them, but not how to make them more powerful.

Use undead bone shards on the firelink bonfire.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Take way of the blue covenant, dried finger and activate a Seed of Giants which your almost always going to get back from the swarm of invaders coming in, summon phantoms to taste.

I've been doing this for the past couple of days. It's easily the most fun thing I've done in any of the Soul's games.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

Because I'm not getting any hits so I can't tell whether I'm too high or too low.

I'm exactly level 52 and I can't go 10 seconds without being summoned. Is your covenant sign in the top left corner flashing white?

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
I completely forgot your dropped your souls as a red phantom if you died. I just made a very unpleasant run through The Archives to save 1.4m souls.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Polo-Rican posted:

Just started this last night. I've heard lots of people saying this is the easiest in the series, but High Wall feels significantly harder than any other Souls starting area.

It is definitely not the easiest. It feels like the boss fights are significantly more difficult than the previous games. Some of the fights, anyway.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Iretep posted:

Anyone who hates sens funhouse probably didnt invade there 24h and kicked stone armor wearing clowns down to the obsidian demons.

These are the people that hate it.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Mazerunner posted:

Anyone got any suggestions? I also want to get the Victim in the dungeons to fight the gargoyle on the bridge to the Capital

I'm a fan of making the mimic in the Catacombs fight the flame demon. It's usually a pretty good fight.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

The lighting wigs out every now and then and that happens, it's pretty funny.

The first time I saw it it was coming from a guy named Jesus. Because of the name I wasn't sure if it was deliberate or not.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

rotaryfun posted:

So first run through and I'm at the Crucifixion Woods now, does it matter which I go to next or is there a general consensus for my next step?

Depends on whether or not you care about NPC plotlines.

If yes, go to the Cathedral.

If you don't, you can complete the swamp area and the boss.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

double nine posted:

is there anything that serves as a soul "bank" like dung pies did in dark souls 1? In other words their cost when buying == income when selling?

I haven't seen anything like that. Even if an item has a 1:1 buy/sell there's a hard cap on how many items you can have in this game, and that number is pretty low.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

MrTheDevious posted:

Question about a Lord fight:

Just one-shotted Yhorm because Siegward rolled in and is a freight train of oniony terror. All I did was just stand between giant feet and plink away for 100 dmg while Onionbro tanked and repeatedly shot him with a big fuckoff onion laser that hit for 4k and knocked him down. I did essentially nothing and poo poo myself the whole fight after seeing I did jack all to his hp. Is that dude as awful as it seems if you don't have Siegward helping? I don't think I could possibly stay alive the 30 minutes it'd take me to chip away the fucker's hp pool

You can get the sword Siegward is using in that very room. It's right next to the throne Yhorme was sitting on.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Harrow posted:

I actually agree it would be good if you got something for killing an invader. A little more encouragement for the host to fight back instead of just trying to flee.

You get estus back.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Harrow posted:

That kind of just feels like a consolation. You get like 2 charges back, right? There's a good chance that's what you used to fight them off in the first place, if not more.

It's not completely risk free for red phantoms. When you kill them they have to run all the way back to where they died in your world in order to recover their souls. I had to make one very unpleasant run through the grand archives to save 1.4m souls.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Anal Surgery posted:

I think something's wrong... I'm at SL41 and I'm embered and Dried Fingered in Anor Londo and I haven't had a single Aldrich Pal invade... :(

The Aldrich won't invade you at the Anor Londo fire. Either spawn at the water reserve or the Pontiff's room.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
I kept getting invaded by a hacker in the Aldrich covenant area. This guy could move at double speed and chuck fireballs like Goku, he was completely ignoring the casting delay.

I managed to shadowplay it, so I hope Steam will do something about him.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Obligatum VII posted:

On the subject of parries, that seems to be one thing Sorcery has going for it. Pretty sure you can't parry farron flashsword

Yes you can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Gus Hobbleton posted:

Shame about DS1 multiplayer being shut down.

But it hasn't been shut down.