Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

How much longer do we have to wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

It is said that if one sleeps they may wake up to the Dark Souls III launch
...Or perhaps it might just be lunchtime.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

Women get beards. GOTY

GOTY every year

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

It runs at 60fps at Max settings. I'm so happy I got a new card.
I murdered the gently caress outta that crystal lizard thing first try. :smug:

Holy poo poo I love how much faster everything is.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

double nine posted:

what card'd you buy?

Uhhhh.... *looks up order*
MSI NVIDIA GTX 970

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

ZZZorcerer posted:

I like that more enemies discovered how to protect their backs against backstabs

Please tell me they've all just strapped a estoc to their back pointing out.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Minrad posted:

I completely botched my build and I've spent two hours throwing my carcass into the meat grinder that is Cathedral of the Deep in search of the respec lady. :qq:

Maybe putting down the controller after a literal 12 hour binge and sleeping will let me come at it with a clear mind.

Surely you haven't botched your build. I'm sure when you come back you'll realize you're fine.

Alternatively:
Git good sucka.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Played a little bit more yesterday, cashed in my cool 7000 souls from the tutorial area for gear and stats. Also fire imbued my axe.

The high wall is fun and having not played Bloodbourne the speed and enemy hordes are something i'm slowly adjusting to. Inside on of the wall towers I managed to do a plunging attack on a thief, hit a oil barrel, got blasted back from the explosion, fell down another hole, landed in front of a halberd soldier and still managed to murder the poo poo outta him... by hitting more oil barrels point blank.

Watching the bf play and after it taking him six attempts to kill the firelink boss I have no idea how I managed to beat him first try.

Are you able to upgrade armor anymore?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Almost every setting in the character creator will result in some hideous monster-person. Even the preset faces are really hosed up.

Was able to make some sort of shrimp man yesterday.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

WaltherFeng posted:

I always play Souls games as faceless hero person with the head covered. I feel like it's much more appropriate thematically. Even more so in DkS3 because you are literal trash of unkindled ash

I'll get a picture of it later but the shrimp man face makes it look like you're wearing some solid pointy gold mask if you're wearing a hood like the assassins one.

It's fun to make a monster since you almost never see your face for ages and it's always a fun reminder. Like in ending scenes.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

FutonForensic posted:

If anyone on PC is still having stuttering every few seconds, specifically on 970 card, try disabling Steam Overlay. I did this by just removing GameOverlayRenderer64.dll and GameOverlayRenderer.dll from the base Steam folder.

Thank you.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Block the dogs attack and counter while it's dazed. They've got a huge opening when you block their attack.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I think this thread is moving too fast for you.

That was in response to this, right?

The Shortest Path posted:

Someone said the Lothric Knight Sword has the same moveset?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

The Shortest Path posted:

He's just spamming, ignore him.

Oh that's weird.

Anyway, Undead Settlement tower chat:

How can I get down to where that big flame looking dude is? I can see an area beside the tower from the top of it and i've no clue how to get there.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

CJacobs posted:

When you go back down the elevator, check out your surroundings.

Jump off the elevator, got it.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

casual poster posted:

Hey so I'm looking for the name of an enemy I saw in the trailer. It's a big cage, about the height of a person, that has corpses inside of it that flail their arms and hit you. Googling isn't helping.

Hollow Cage

E: Too late, also wrong apparently.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I had a fun fight against the flame dude in the settlement with Sieg. I think I actually got in the way of Seig fighting him so I stood back and pelted arrows at him for a good chunk of damage. We had a drink afterwards. It was good.

I created the Mirrah Greatsword from the tree and I love it. I never got around to using it in DS2 and it's got cool animations. Also made the giant frost mace which I can't use just yet.

Also the lock on has been poo poo lately. It breaks at way too short a distance and if you're fighting large enemies can easily break if you go between their legs, it sucks.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Shields are about the same in this as they were in DSII.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

The Walrus posted:

I still don't get how the 'watchers' plural are a 'lord of cinder' singular

If the four kings possess a split lord soul then the watchers can totally be a mini-set of Cinder Lords.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

If you think about it, the lords of cinder are basically the heirs of the great souls from DS1
Sounds right since DS2 did the exact same thing.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Wow these were-crows can't get enough of me! They just keep throwing themselves off a cliff just for me.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Oh I got the butcher's knife. Turns out the best weapon for a mad NPC is the rapier cause it stunlocked the gently caress outta her.

Question: BF managed to kill her by pushing her off a cliff, apparently he can now see the item she dropped stuck on the cliff wall. Any way to reset it's location?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Kiggles posted:

Yeah, when you reload the area (quit to title and reloading works) the item drops will be placed at the NPCs spawn location.

This only works for NPCs that do not respawn.

Other options are sitting a bonfire, but I believe dying will forfeit things... actually, having said that, I haven't even tried quitting to title, but that's how it worked in DS1.

Welp it's gone, gone then.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Jerkface posted:

someBODY once told me...

That is a good Shrek.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

MZ posted:

So forgive me for not reading the 1000 posts a day this thread gets, but does Poise not work at all then??

It feels like armour does nothing and I've had a few NPC/Player fights where the piddly rapier could stunlock a dude for a fair bit regardless of how huge their armour is.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

heeeelp

helllllp.

Keep playing.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

MZ posted:

Slightly off-topic, but the new £2 coins in the UK this year are really :darksouls:

I can't believe this Shakespear loser is copying Dark Souls's style!

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Suddenly everything makes sense

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Welp I guess I hosed up Yoel's questline and apparently an entire ending.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

QuarkJets posted:

So I just learned that I've hosed up Siegward's questline and Greirat's questline at the same time because I was exploring and went one way instead of another. That's some bullshit

Why do they make it so easy to gently caress up questlines and miss out on content, I don't want to have to use a guide for this poo poo

I agree it's sorta lovely how easily you can miss them sometimes. The quests themselves are really cool though.

There's a checklist that runs through each area for important items and who to talk to to progress quests here

It's got mild spoilers but if you keep to only areas you're currently in it's okay.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Please tell me people aren't seriously considering re-rolling just because they missed Havel's ring

Golden Goat fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Apr 27, 2016

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

speaking of katanas, the uchigatana guy by firelink really cannot handle jump attacks. it's basically a free hit and you can back off and do it again over and over until he's dead

I just hosed a ton of firebombs at him. He can't defend against them and he's way too wired to react to melee range attacks.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

IronicDongz posted:

hosed up that considering numbers could give you an edge in an RPG

Good thing we classify Souls games in the Character Reaction Action PVP genre and not a smelly RPG one.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

DS1: Hmm.. Looks like my Opponent is wearing giant stone goat hoofs, and a torn up paper bag for a shirt. Also, the shield on his back seems to have four.. no, five stink lines. So that's 21... 27... carry the 1.. 25.3... 25.6... Ah. Looks like my weapon is completely useless against him.

DS3: Just dont get hit nigga. Roll away nigga

It's pretty funny to think PvP in DS1 turns into a montage from Numb3rs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VC2PfvfQYQ&t=38s

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Kanos posted:

Dark Souls 1 Poise: The game of finding out the heaviest pair of pants you could wear with your lovely cloth chestpiece to stay under fastroll weight but still be able to poise through greatsword hits.

It ranks up there with Adaptability in terrible design.

:eyepop:

I didn't think Poise was THAT bad.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Kild posted:

since when can the jumbotron reach my basement??

You can never escape the jumbotron man

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Ilustforponydeath posted:

This thread is literally indistinguishable from gamefaqs forums. Let that sink in.

Yeah SA has never had a complete mess of a thread until Dark Souls 3
*shoves Fallout 4 thread under a rug*

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

This thread isn't that bad. I've seen way worse in Games.
It's kinda standard fare thread for a game a big as this.

But it's instantly better then the rest due to this:

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Add .webm to that

If you ever want the direct video link just right click and select "Copy Video Address"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

What's the Undead Settlement branch? I didn't realize there was an alternate route.

I think that's actually the Road of Sacrifices branch to two different areas.

Unless he means the road split in Undead Settlement that join back up after a bit.