Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I'm so loving hyped, goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Node posted:

that is awesome that armor may actually mean something now, instead of just having another round of fashion souls

How important/not important is luck? I do like to collect items in the Souls series.

well you can go a build that scales damage off of luck

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I want to play as deprived but I don't want points in luck. Weirdly enough, I discovered you can make two! Characters in this game, so I'll just make my first one a deprived .

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

so is this a 3-way melee?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Avalanche posted:

What stats do I focus on if I want to make a viking warlord warrior dude bro that just smashes poo poo to pieces with an axe and uses absolutely no magic?

strength, dingus. basically ignore luck, faith, int, atn, only have the minimum amount of dex needed. level str, vit, vig, end

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

NowonSA posted:

My PS4 has largely made me resent playing games on my PC, since they load quicker, run smoother without craashing, and use a controller that doesn't hurt my hands.

Any suggestions for how to create my character? I'd like to have a fairly simple to play guy, but also have the ability to use some decent magic/ranged attacks. Basically make it quite noob friendly since I've played Bloodborne, but not any formally Dark Souls games.

Start as a herald if you want to cast miracles (supportive magics mostly, some offensive ones), an assassin if you want to cast sorceries (pew pew bolts), or a knight if you just want to facetank poo poo

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Apr 11, 2016

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

NESguerilla posted:

Why the gently caress do games come out on Tuesday anyways they should come out on Friday goddamn.

NESguerilla posted:

Why the gently caress do games come out on Tuesday anyways they should come out on Friday goddamn.

Bandai-Namco

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Section Z posted:

Has anyone spoken to you about our lord and savior, lighting things on fire? Even with the minimal stats for Pyromancies, that's still enough to probably use every Utility spell in the game whether it's a Sorcery or Miracle.

Note to self actually make sure I can cast safe fall early on this time. Assassin comes with that spell, on that note. The stabby with a side of Sorcery start, to the Herald's stabby with a side in Miracles.

You're in luck, they don't just get Safe Fall/Fall Control. Fall Control and Hush have now been combined into Spook, so now you are quiet and have the fall bonus.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Tiger Millionaire posted:

I don't know if I want to go str / pyro or dex / int or a classic quality build. How easy is it to respec this time round?

very

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

pyro scales with int and faith but the scaling is much less so than other magic. it's still useful at minimum requirements, as pyromancy alkways is

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

super
hot
super
hot
super
hot

im so loving ready

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

IM INgAME

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

turn back my rear end, first triewd that bitch

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Friendly Humour posted:

Anybody else having trouble getting the xbox controller to work?

have to get drivers from microsoft

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

iudex gundyr is scary as gently caress after he changes but first tried him too. this battle axe is OP

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

this combat is best of the series so far

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

weapon arts are so cool. the battle axe weapon art turns your charged strong attack into a literal charge and then another charge after

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

gently caress i died because i hit a barrel and it exploded for half my hp, don't swing near barrels folks they do a LOT

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

voltcatfish posted:

Apparently removing my shield will fix the eternal crashes? I';m not actually sure if I believe that

i had removed mine as soon as i started and never crashed,

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

tr

Internet Kraken posted:

Alright I feel dumb asking but; where do I go after reaching Firelink? I can't find a way forward. I killed the master but the gate behind him is locked. Explored upstairs, found another locked gate. Didn't find anything downstairs. I dunno where to goooooo :saddowns:

try using the shrine

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

this,,, tree???

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

does literally everyone just play the game with 2 phantoms at all times? all 4 of my invades have been 3v1s lol

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

weighting it for 3v1 every time is kind of meh though. 2v1 would be okay.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Wait so purple phantom is just a white phantom and red phantom combined?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

Man invading is a lot of fun right now with everyone having 2 or 3 white phantoms with their thumbs up their asses waiting at the top of gay baby tower :11tea:

yeah i wish invading was random and not "prefers invading people who have phantoms"

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

BlackFrost posted:

I occasionally get random Estus Flask refills out of nowhere, anyone know what causes that or is it a time-based thing?

certain enemies, i think maybe the red-eye knight guys?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Died once on the Undead Settlement boss, I'm done for tonight.

DS3 is almost certainly going to be my favorite Souls game. It's goddamn fantastic.

yeah i thought i would miss powerstancing but weapon arts makes up for that and more

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

The Skeleton King posted:

Just beat an evil oak tree boss. Fucker killed me 20 times, I swear. I ate its soul out of spite. I now have no clue where to go.

In the meantime, the search continues for my beloved winged spear (or just a really good spear). The halberd has been great so far, but I long for my old friend.

I have also noticed that new armor is hard to come by. Any one know of some good finds?

can't you get a partizen really early on?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

big tree boss was cool and fun once I figured it out, a good puzzle fight. But now I'm in creeper woods. With log men and terrifying fast megacrabs. christ

Also, how do I quit the game without alt-f4ing? my brother whos a drat UX designer couldnt figure it out and neither could I

have you considered hitting escape/start and going into the menus?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Gortarius posted:

Any reports on how the co-op/PVP works?

Is it still really wonky netcode poo poo with lagstabs and warping players? I hope not.

I also heard Bloodborne had some really dumb co-op thing where you needed a specific consumable item to do any sort of co-op? DS2 had soul memory and you were practially forced to use the name rings if you wanted to play with a specific friend of yours. What Ireally liked about DS2 co-op though was the small soapstone and the fact that you get fully restored if you help out someone successfully.

What's the situation on DS3?

+ or - 10 levels (going up to 15/20 at 50 and 100, i believe)
+ or - 2 weapon levels
soul memory is no longer a thing
can only be invaded or summon phantoms if you're embered but embers are VERY plentiful

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Its throwing me off so much that being thrown on the ground doesn't make you invincible in this game. I keep lying for a second before thinking "wait poo poo I can still be killed!".

yeah the giant dudes with the cooking pots pancaked me a few times before i started remembering that

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Think I finally found a weapon I'll use for awhile. Thrall axe is a fun little hatchet that has the dash art, which seems insanely useful. Especially if you aren't using a shield. Gonna have a hard time using a weapon without one, as I keep finding more and more uses for the dash.

can you attack instantly after dashing? if so i guess i can see it being useful as a quick-roll

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

i invade someone who has 3 phantoms and a bluecop shows up as well.

sick 1v5 action at soul level 14 :(

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I wonder if my game is broken. I can invade others just fine and summon both purple and regular phantoms, but no one had invaded me. I'm embered, of a normal level for the area, and using the withered finger.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

SchwarzeKrieg posted:

I tried my first invasion in a Souls game last night in the fifth? area Farron Keep. Finally found the guy after five minutes of wandering, didn't manage to hit him a single time, died. 10/10 would invade again.

Run away and use the levels enemies to tour advantage. Managed to win a 1v3 earlier in undead settlement that way.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

So is there a red covenant this time? I'm invading the poo poo out of people and have a ton of tongues saved up, but dunno what to do with them.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

this moundmaker dude helped me get through the entire swamp so at the end i walked up to him, collapsed, and let him kill me. good job, phantom dude :)

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Mordaedil posted:

How the heck do you beat the first boss? I can get him to half health before my club seems really useless.

stay really close to him, if he makes any movements dodge to the right of him.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

ShadowMar posted:

i summoned 3 people and we went on a ~15 invader kill spree on the long way to the boss in the Valley

online is so good.

i wish i could get invaded :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

man usually when i summon a purple phantom i run with them to the next bonfire then let them kill me, but today they all just attack on sight.

also when people summon me as a purple they just attack me on sight as well. kind of pointless