Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
Mostly spoiler free.

This boss? gently caress this boss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOmFdMXQaK8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
Need help.
Is there any pattern to the Crystal Sages teleports? Do the crystals he leaves behind when warping give some indication or what?

Also there's a stat on my character called "hollowing" and its at 99.
What does this mean and what do I do about it.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
So Deacons of the Deep is the worst boss fight ever and I hate it.

The first phase gimmick is kinda neat, find the red deacon and kill him wile doging fireballs and managing a mob. Then phase two kicks in.
This game has good AI and it loving knows the best way to keep the main boss alive is to clump up like its the Packers Rush. More fatties get spawned, the mob becomes more aggressive, and healers that can bring the boss back up faster than you can get in.

Is there something I'm missing or am i just not supposed to be fighting this boss as a level 30 mage? I mean you cant even kill the healers because the gimmick is that every last unit respawns. Even if you could there's no way to tell a healer apart from the amalgamous blob of immortal meat.

I was so ready to love this boss. After thirty or so deaths I feel its just a wall telling me to come back later beyond a group of enemies I can deal with easily.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
So I super need help, I think I might have locked my character out of the rest of the game.

I just beat Yorm The Giant.
After the fight, you are forcibly teleported to an area. I was foolish enough to not search for a bonfire and activated the Dancer boss fight without establishing a warp point. I panicked and homeward boned to shrine.

Is there no way to get to that area now? Is this character over?
I've checked the boss room for another way to teleport but there is none. I don't think there is any way back due to the fact that the guy who brings you there dies after you talk to him.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired

CJacobs posted:

The area in question is across from Vordt's bonfire, so just warp there and backtrack.

I love you.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
So I'm making a low level invader now that I've beaten the game with one character. I have tongues and got the 5 red orbs from that npc but now he's just missing from firelink.
Any reason for this? How do I make him come back so I can get the key for infinite funtimes?

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
So now that I've ran through this amazing game twice, here are some things people should be aware of.

-Magic is complete poo poo, don't build sorcerers. In exchange for not making opponents flinch, not doing damage, taking a long time to cast, and having no AoE they cost less FP than pyromancy. Respec into this if you really want to do it but don't build it.
-Strength Builds are bonkers good. I recommend them entirely (along with the large club or great club) for anyone who wants to run through the game quickly or to explore without fear of death.
-Miracles start off garbage but become amazing. I would again recommend respecing or making your miracle character the one where you say "gently caress it, im going to keep leveling forever". 45 Faith is a tall order and will hurt your build if you rush it.
-Pyromancy has hidden tomes that have bonkers powerful spells that require 0 int and 0 faith, and should be found and used by any melee class that has no use for thier FP bar.
-People who summon white phantoms or sunbros are worse than hackers, and it is your duty to kill all of them. All of them must die. You're better at the game then them, 3v1 should be no problem.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
Lets have pryomancy be splashable, not the main focus of the build.
It does a billion damage and casts fast.

Let's make sorceries something you have to build a character around.
Utility at best.

My mage character gave up at 30 int and just started throwing fireballs.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
There are multiple 45 faith spells and they both are hillarious and amazing.
The big reveal of magic is that you can use Dark Souls 1 spells at 50 int.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired

Bingo from bottom left to upper right.
Also this game never stops being good and now I have to make a third character.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
So karthus bloodring and Kirk armor are disgusting together. I think you're just invincible as long as you have stamina, if not you're only vulnerable for a split second.
I might have to make videos of me taking out bosses over the course of half an hour doing this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDB_nqSa1Tk

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired

Exodee posted:

If I'm not mistaken, you can simply counter this by using a decent shield. Rolling with the Kirk armor on counts as an attack, so you'll get staggered if they block.

It doesn't count as an attack, otherwise it could be parried. I've rolled over tons of shields without any issue.
A 100% shield just makes it a stalemate, while no thorns get through I have no reason to stop rolling.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
Where are these change/patch notes?

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired

argondamn posted:

Wish pvp wasn't super loving awful this time.

PvP is the best in the entire series this game.
If you're talking about invading worlds with too many phantoms:

1. Git Gud
2. Wait for the playerbase to stabalize
3. Red Soapstone has yet to give me anything but a 1v1

Honestly the fact that the game encourages low level invasions in High Wall with how early you can get red eye orb is amazing. Its infinitely better than rushing it without leveling in DS1 and never getting the orb at all in DS2.
The only complaint I have about the PvP in this game is that backstabs aren't that great, meaning its easy to estus through pain as a host.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired

Internet Kraken posted:

Summoning is cheating :colbert:

This is what i keep telling people.
Change the title of the tread so people actually are informed of their heathen beliefs.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired

Top tier post/video.
Actually click on it.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
The dumb thing is that sorcery isn't even good endgame.
The one good magic build I saw was level 68, and had over fifty points in int.

Its something you kill your character for at mid levels, that becomes increasingly bad if you deviated from the build.
At level 70~ 600 damage per spell isn't bad. But this means having a health pool less than 700 yourself.
If you build a character and then give it magic you end up dealing with high level players by nature of how many levels that takes, and they don't give a poo poo about your damage at that point.

PVE is arguably worse because its basically something you respec into. By the time you're level 70 why bother, you're making the game harder than it has to be for no reason. You already invested into weapons and such, why rock the boat.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
I wish mimics weren't strictly chest enemies.
Like, have a barrel with a shiny where the barrel eats you if you try to take it. You have to roll or attack the barrel.

I feel like because mimics are forced to pretend to be chests there's no suspense. You know when the risk is.
Maybe what I said is retarded and bad game design but I would like at least one booby trapped item that isn't given away by "This is a treasure chest".

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
So it turns out rushing the 34 strength and 30 faith required for Mourne's Hammer places you at a level where it basically 2-shots anyone. You get to play with all low level people too, because at +3 or so it doesn't lock you out of
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V9o0fDUlyw

As it happens this weapons L2 is a straight upgrade to Wrath of God. More damage, more range, and near-infinite poise. Why does FROM hate magic?

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpurtahtnu0

This isn't even my video but it needs to be shared.
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the single reason to cast a sorcery in DS3.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired

il serpente cosmico posted:

What's this hyper armor I keep hearing about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V9o0fDUlyw

Skip to 1:00 for an example, I don't know hot to time stamp anymore.
While doing a move you are 100% unable to be knocked out of it, no matter what. (Backstabs and Sacred Flame do not apply)

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
Give me my scifi space-age souls game.
Let it escalate to its logical conclusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Invaders complaining about getting reverse griefed is extremely my poo poo. Never stop making angry posts about it.

Unlike hackers, who at least know that they're deplorable pieces of human garbage, people who put down white summon signs, summoners, and bluebros are worse. The hacker at least knows he doing something wrong, but the greatest sin of these players is the banality of their evil, they don't know they're Satan. They rob themselves of any opportunity to develop while actively destroying the invaders ability to develop as well and inhibit the feeling of satisfaction that should come alongside a job well done.

Blue brothers are the worst example of this, where they are guaranteed a 2v1 where their partner has the benefit of a full estus flask. These people hate challenge, hate fun and hate online interaction. The rewards for the covenant are nothing, killing the invader costs them nothing, the satisfaction of maintaining the status quo should be none. Blue phantoms are shells of men and women who have forsaken rationality and act outside of any interest they could possibly have. The single plausible reason to play bluebros is because they are "fun", which is a subjective argument unfit to platform a case on. "Look at me, I kick dogs i meet on the street because its fun - it's the only reason. I don't like thinking!" is the only possible way to profile these garbage monsters.

Red phantoms have integrity, and the skill forged only by going up against constant 3v1's and developing skill as a result of that. They are the only worthwhile people in the entire dark souls community. If you summon people just to walk around the stage and have a set of bouncers (as opposed to summoning only for a boss) you are actively destroying the community rather than building it. Stop being you, immediately.