Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I loving hate Midir. This might actually be a bad boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I really appreciate that the end of the world in the DLC has what I'm assuming to be Lothric Castle and Anor Londo still standing, the last and the first kingdoms of the Age of Fire, still standing at the end of all things. Those god architects make their poo poo to last.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Tallgeese that was loving bullshit. Don't invade my boss arena you gently caress, you know how hard Midir is without some jackass coming in and ruining your run?

EDIT: I was extremely salty when typing the original post out, because I had finally summoned 3 people, which is very hard to do with Midir because summons keep getting snatched up, and I thought this might be the run (I already beat him on my paladin, but now I was on my quality build). Suddenly, some white phantom with two health bars pops in out of nowhere into the boss arena and kills us all off with Gael's Greatsword. I was pissed. I've beaten him now though so it's all good.

Gologle fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Apr 5, 2017

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Oh nevermind, that guy probably wasn't Tallgeese, apparently there's a new invade boss rooms glitch out. Guess the guy wasn't hacking.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Iretep posted:

pyromancers dont care at least since they already got the perfect pyro weapon from the dlc.

Hell yeah we did boy.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I've assumed for the longest time that the gods and humans actually aren't primordially different from each other, and the only thing separating them is that humans collectively hold the dark soul and Gwyn, holding the light soul, shared it with all the people he liked, creating the gods.

It still baffles me thinking about how Gwyn straight up must have given away most of his power by dividing his soul so many times and yet still had enough left in him to reignite the First Flame for a while. Like, that dude was a total badass in his prime, and maybe could have even solo'd the War of the Ancients.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
You don't understand man, Velka is behind, like, everything

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
In terms of atmosphere (and awesome), nothing will beat diving into hell feet first with your power ranger knight buddies to fight the corrupted former king and his corrupted knights in basically hell. That boss fight is one of my top 3 favorite fights in the series.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Edwad Emberpants is coming back btw.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Iretep posted:

the proper wedding rings are havels rings and ring of favor and protection.

I admired this post, sir. It's got stamina, health, and endurance. Everything you could ever want.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
My pvp setup currently on my paladin is Lightning Arrow, Lightning Stake, Sunlight Spear, and Projected Heal. I don't really know why I have Sunlight Spear there anymore with the addition of Lightning Arrow, before I used it as a long range pressure tool/for when the opponent is distracted, but with that utility filled by Lightning Arrow I don't know. Maybe I should replace it with, like, Force, or something. Maybe Lightning Blade, since I've been rocking the SSS nowadays.

My paladin exclusively does team pvp though, because my idea for him was always as a tanky/support character, so your Miracle tools in 1v1 will probably be different.

EDIT: Speaking of pvp, I have 3 characters. My paladin, my quality build dude, and a pyromancy chick, and of those 3, the pyromancer is by far the most successful in pvp at the moment. The Demon's Scar and all the stuff a pyro has access to is just incredible.

Gologle fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Apr 19, 2017

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I had the realization this morning as I was pvping in the arena that I honestly think Dark Souls 2 is my favorite Souls game to date. That doesn't make DS3 bad, or not fun, but overall, I enjoy Dark Souls 2 more than all the other games.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

RoadCrewWorker posted:

(doing their kinda cringy in-character youtube thing)

Sorry, actually, Edwad Emberpants owns bones.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I think the First Flame is Velka, hmu fam

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
perhaps everything is up for interpretation in a series where everything is vague

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
See, while I understand the hate about Gwyn, Tallgeese's interpretation of his actions isn't, like, objectively wrong. Again, this is a series where you can only kind of infer stuff about people, because most of the information comes from subjective, second-hand sources. Gwyn probably feared humans and the dark, true. Now, did he fear them because they were a potential challenger to his rule, and just like he did with the Everlasting Dragons overthrow him, or did he fear them because he thought they were going to destroy everything great and beautiful and cultured that he had built? Did he seal humanity away because he feared them gaining power, or did he guess that something like Manus would happen and gently caress poo poo up? If he feared humans so much, why was Havel the Rock his best friend? If he hated humans so much, why did his army include the Ringed Knights, and, conversely, why was it never mentioned before that they fought against the Dragons and all records of their accomplishments were erased?

You can make educated guesses, but I don't think there has to be one solid interpretation and that one side has to be right.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Very little of those changes were all that great for casters. Thanks for supporting build variety From. This is why I never roll pure casters.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

CJacobs posted:

Smough also a contender because he's a creepy fucker. I am so sorry Ornstein.

Imagine being this noble knight captain who was once head of an entire army of dragonslayers and you fight these monstrous immortal creatures at the beginning of time and there's fire storms and plagues and lighting going off over your head 24/7 and then in your twilight years instead of being like Gough and retiring somewhere quietly you have to put up with this cannibalistic fatass to guard the daughter of the guy you serve and revere.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

skasion posted:

I have never once seen this happen in probably 100 hours of invading

Dude it happened all the time back when the game was new a few months back.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

codo27 posted:

Just need to post this again because it is the greatest screenshot

Even after all this time this screenshot still gets me going.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
The end of Edwad Emberpants is going loving amazing. Gael has broken all three of them and now he's actually using a good build.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
You don't understand, Gael hates the cold. HE HATES THE COLD.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
The above post is correct. Fire Salamanders were just the worst bullshit.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
This is one of the dumbest videos I've seen about Dark Souls, but I love it so much. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm7lcZiLOus

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
The true Darksign was the level design we made along the way.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
OK, I was done with DS3 a long time ago, but I saw a video of a mod that allows you to use monsters in the world as astral projections that can do their own movesets, as a parody of Stands from the hit anime Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, and dudes, I am back in. This mod is awesome.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Just another reason why Dark Souls 2 was the best of them all.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
It has been months and months since I've played DS3, so I could very well be in the wrong here, but I'm pretty sure Sunlight Spear still has the extra melee range damage.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
That's a strange aesthetic comparison, but I can...kind of see it? The Guns of Avalon end with Corwin fighting an uphill battle up a cliff into Amber, and Majula has a cliff? I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
You didn't grow, you didn't learn.