Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I just got roundhouse kicked by a mimic, so that was cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Is this blue Lothric Knight guaranteed to drop something? I got three separate pieces of Lothric Knight gear off of him so far, after killing him 3 times

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Nuggan posted:

Hollowing definitely affects your ability to co-op. 100%. I was pretty hollowed for a bit and could only summon one person, it removed all summoning signs after that. I used the statue in the undead settlement sewers and I can summon 2 people again.
oh, I was wondering what was going on

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

What spear should I be aiming for? I'm still using the basic one

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I swear, the more I do the upper part of Cathedral of the Deeps, the worse I get at it. Don't even know where I'm supposed to go yet

RabidWeasel posted:

The partizan is pretty neat and available early on (hanging corpse in undead settlement, you need to shoot it to get it down iirc).
found it, right by a bonfire I didn't find before, too.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I feel like I'd rather have blessed on a shield than a weapon, too bad the shield I use can't be infused :v:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Holy poo poo, the skeleton army, the suspension bridge, giant blinged out skeleton king, and then that loving gorgeous view when you leave the catacombs. I loved every minute of that and I'm glad I didn't spoil myself on any of it.

Now I just need to figure out how to stop dying to the enemies in the new area

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Lightning Spear feels really underwhelming. My Faith in general is just doing nothing for me right now outside of specific fights, level ups are getting more expensive and regular enemies are starting to kick my rear end. I may just respec and get rid of Faith/Attunement and put more into my physical stats

Also, it seems kinda lovely to lock respeccing behind what appears to be an evil covenant that's mutually exclusive with another covenant

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Is Yorshka's Spear any good?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Welp, I guess I can't get the Dragonslayer Axe? Because I wasn't happy with how I progressed my character and wanted to redo without making a new game. Lovely.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Oh, Leeches and enemies that reduce your max HP! What a great idea!

Also, I'm pretty sure I missed a bonfire in the Profaned Capital, so I gotta start from the beginning of Irithyll Dungeon. :shepicide:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I ended up setting up an impromptu fight club in the area after Pontiff Sulyvahn, hoping that the Dark Spirits and the Mad Spirits would keep each other busy long enough for me to summon people to help me through the area.

It didn't work, but it was pretty fun so whatever

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Oh, now that I have Lightning Enchant available maybe I should give Faith another try

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

honestly the best miracles are the buffs so I'd stick with a different infusion
I do already have the dark and lightning damage buffs, and I just joined the Darkmoon Covenant. What Infusion should I go with instead?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

How are you supposed to get this item halfway up the tower in Firelink? I cannot find any geometry that will let me stand up long enough to grab it. If I angle myself at the corner I can survive the fall, but I still slide off

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

After helping Anri, I got really good at dodging those arrows to the point where I'd try baiting him into using it on me. Then he never did it during my actual runthrough :v:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

This Brass Armor set I just picked up is extremely my poo poo, shame about the lightning resist though

I also picked up a Crescent Moon Sword, which seems neat. Is it any good?

Edit: also, I have no idea what talisman/chime I should be going for. Is Saint's Talisman OK?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Is there any way to make the dragonslayer swordspears special come out quicker?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Well, I can't say I was expecting candle heads

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I generally don't worry too much about how I beat a boss. If I need to summon some dudes to help me curbstomp some fucker, I'll do it and enjoy it. But holy hell, something about CG made me really want to beat him solo. It took me 2 hours and I feel like I made more mistakes on my successful run than on my first, but I did it. And I enjoyed every minute of it.

It doesn't look like his weapon lets me use his moves, which is bullshit.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Tabletops posted:

i'm not really sure my all lightning all the time faith melee build (lightning infusions on weapons that get S faith scaling) is working out well. I can get to like ~550 AR buffed on obidachi for instance but I'm sure I could get just as much on a quality build and not split my damage types either.

not sure.
The Dragonslayer Swordspear makes Faith feel worth it.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Tabletops posted:

it's cool but It didn't seem super good, i loved the weapon art but my stats were so split (40 faith, 20 dex 20 str 20 end 20 vigor 16 vit 14 attunement) that I don't feel like I can maximize it very well.
the only stats I haven't put points in are Luck and Intelligence. Just focus on getting some more Dex to give the stabs more punch and you should be fine.

If the Weapon Art isn't the best miracle in the game, it's at least the best miracle I have access to.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

muscles like this? posted:

Any tips for Irithyll of the Boreal Valley? The enemies here are really kicking my rear end.
run past enemies, find the next bonfire. The enemies from that point are far more reasonable and the enemies before that point are easier to take on with a better home base

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Awesome Andy posted:

I've managed to ruin every npc plotline so far, there all so obtuse.
:same:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I AM BRAWW posted:

IS USING CARTHUS BLOODRING (+iframe or w/e) USEFUL ONLY WHEN UNDER 30% OR CAN I USE IT WITH GOOD EFFICIENCY IF MY WEIGHT IS ABOVE 30% BUT BELOW 70%
I've never even seen 30% and that thing has saved my life countless times

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Sitting in Anor Londo, grinding out souls and theoretically ears. I accidentally aggro the second knight, and as he lightning slams my lifeless body to the stairs, "You are being summoned to another world" pops up on the screen and I remember that I never took off the Darkmoon Covenant after the last time I tried to bluecop.

Sorry I couldn't help you, whoever you are

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Is it normal to lose your souls if you die while invading

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Harrow posted:

Anyone want a weapon with innate lightning damage that can still be infused and buffed? Behold: http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Dragonslayer's+Axe

Innate, non-scaling 180 lightning damage. Get base stats to wield, make it Raw (its physical damage should go up to like 200ish and its lightning damage stays at 180), use Lightning Blade and wear a Lightning Clutch Ring with 60 Faith. Enjoy a combined 680ish AR, with all but 200 or so being lightning. That's a lot of pure elemental damage. It's like a total reversal of the usual buff build.
that would have been really really helpful in my herald run, but I respecced and it turns out that pisses Sirris off.

To be honest, I probably shouldn't have done a hybrid for my first character

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

GulagDolls posted:

I wouldn't push dex past 40. if you still want to level up after that, consider putting points into int so you can use buffs and be a wacky spells shooter
if you're just going for buffs, 10 Int 30 Faith is enough to get you elemental buffs of all 4 elements. If you can get the ears for it, anyway :v:

I don't know how Darkmoon Blade compares to the sorcery version though

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Alabaster White posted:

Lothric Knight Shield hits 66 Stability at +10, and the Black Knight Shield is 69 at +5 (it's Weapon Skill, though).
these two have elemental defenses comparable to the Crest line of shields in addition to the way better stability

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I just found the Carthus Sword and I'm thinking about using it, but I don't have 15 Strength. People were saying that the scaling still got borked if you two-handed a weapon you can't wield in one hand, did that turn out to be true?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Hamburger Test posted:

Plain Lothric Knight Greatswords do lightning damage and can be buffed. There are probably other examples, but I need coffee to think of them.
I finally got the Dragonslayer Axe on my first character and it can be elementally buffed despite dealing lightning damage

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I forgot about the part of the Dancer glitch where you're not supposed to kill Vordt, so I've been making periodic attempts at her as I advance the story. Just got her down :toot:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Huh, so depending on what side of the platform you jump off to get to the Nameless King, that'll be the side your souls are on if (when) you die to him.

I figured this out because I die to him A LOT - which is frustrating because with my pyro he actually feels a hell of a lot easier to fight than he did with my melee guy (I'm starting to suspect the win I got against him via melee was a fluke), but I'm so much squishier now that one mistake basically ends the fight for me.... and I make a LOT of mistakes. :sweatdrop:
I believe the souls are there because the clouds don't count as land, so your bloodstain goes back to the last bit of eligible land you were on.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I like purples. If they allow it I'll even cooperate through the level and get back stabbed at a crucial moment, as God intended. :3:

For the guy who walked me through a chunk of Irithyll I even had him on the ropes and threw the fight. :3:
I helped someone open the first shortcut in Cathedral of the Deep before I backstabbed him. :3:

I don't know if he knew that would happen. He seemed confused though

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Thank gently caress, it looks like respeccing doesn't mess up Sirris' quest anymore

I mean, too little too late since I'll probably never play another character who cares about the Dragonslayer Axe, but it's the thought that counts

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Crystal Sage got a lot easier for me when I realized I could disappear the clones with throwing knives.

Not being colorblind probably helped too

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

The Rokstar posted:

Is dex/faith a thing you can do in this game without completely gimping yourself? I kind of want to be a hybrid melee/caster... thing. I haven't put a lot of thought into it yet.

What would even be a good weapon for that? It seems like most of the weapons that benefit from faith are huge and require a billion strength. Is sunlight straight sword a viable option? I'm kind of sick of straight swords though.

I think I'd primarily be going lightning but I'd have some pocket dark equipment/spells for stuff like NK.
it sucks until like 3/4th of the way through the game, at which point a Dex/Faith boss weapon becomes arguably the best source of ranged lightning damage, and is pretty good in melee too.

Source: guy who did Dex/Faith as his first character :suicide:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I'm glad they took out Soul Memory, it makes losing souls feel a lot less crippling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Angrymog posted:

Next part of my playthrough - High Wall of Lothric Part 1. Also, we open a chest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsPt_z5WgG4
Do you wanna make a thread for that or something