Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Updog Scully
Apr 20, 2021

This post is accompanied by all the requisite visual and audio effects.

:blastback::woomy::blaster:

Insurrectionist posted:

Also a conspicuous lack of any horse combat in the various gameplay segments, they only showed a brief prerendered joust. And not a lot of horse riding in general except a couple scenic shots. It was never a big appeal to me so I don't super care either way, but I wonder if it'll be a significantly diminished mechanic compared to their initial ambitions for it.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I always saw Elden Ring as being an open-world game, thereby necessitating the presence of the horse. I expect horse combat to be very different from on-foot combat, given the absurd difficulty of actually engaging in horse combat in Dark Souls-style combat.

The way it looked in the trailer, horse combat seems to be based on jousting. Very odd, and I am not sure if it will work out too good, but of course I will keep hopes up. Everything else looked stellar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU