Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's gonna be at least 28 hours until I get to play it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Funstock have always been awful at getting stuff to me for release day, admittedly with physical stuff I've never bought keys from there.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Frankston posted:

I still don't know what build to make for my first run. :ohdear:

Wing it + whatever early weapon seems good is my usual plan

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I just got a text saying my copy had been posted, owned digital cheapskates :smuggo:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Does Pay Pal not work? For some reason cards will sometimes just stop working with PSN for no reason then start working again just as suddenly, happened to me once, it was weird.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Anyone know how large the day one patch is on PS4?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I decided that finesse was for the birds and now I'm using my good old DS1 mainstay the club. Just found the reinforced version that has natural bleed too. :getin:
Also apparently I have enough poise (I guess?) that my roll will stagger normal enemies and knock them out of attacks, is this a new thing? I don't remember it happening in 1 or 2 at least.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Apr 12, 2016

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh yeah, two handing the club will make mince meat of the shielded knights on The Wall, just whack it against their shield a couple of times and it'll stagger them so much it'll act like you parried them and you can get a counter for most of their health. I assume you need reasonable poise for that too.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

scamtank posted:

Does the nail bat have the HOLLOW CRUSH TGRGRGGTRGTRFHGGGH Skill R2, too?

Yup, only downside is it's one of the least durable weapons I've seen but I haven't used it enough yet to find out how much of a problem that is.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lalaland posted:

picked this up and its my first souls game.. I cant even get past the first boss :gonk:

This is my fifth Souls-style game and I still died once to it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I explored the High Wall as thoroughly as a could but there were still a few doors I couldn't get though is there a big path split where the alive dragon is?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Azazell0 posted:

I'm basically a first time player. Tried DS1 very briefly with my gamepad that didn't have enough buttons for all the functions and got killed by skeletons, thinking, "what's so great about this?"

Started with a knight. I went into the game expecting a really awful time since I'm generally not a very good gamer. Took me ages just to beat the first boss while getting acquian acqcuints familiar with the controls. Currently I'm at Lothric high wall where I'm trying to make through a corridor with lots of skeletons and then get my rear end handed to me by a very menacing armored guy.

So not very far. So far I'm not sure when to dodge and when to block attacks. Some enemies seem to break my guard easily and I have trouble getting the kick off reliably.

Always be rolling.

I'm at the point now where I have no idea how people even use a shield effectively, blocking takes so much more stamina than dodging and you risk getting staggered. I guess if you can parry worth a drat, unlike me.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

RBA Starblade posted:

It's stunning how much better than BB this is.

Honestly I'm finding it kind of boring after how fast paced BB was

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah I want to stun lock them to death not play baseball with them.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Why is the dude I released from the bridge giving me 'free' level ups, I don't trust it.....

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Is the first mimic you find behind the dragon way harder than they were in the last two games or did I just not find any until I was a much higher level?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

He does? Pretty sure he only dropped the Mimic helm for me...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Thanks thread title. I stole you.

There's not much point spoilering the boss names when it says them at the top of the embedded video. :v:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Aurainsoph posted:

I"m so terrible at this game I can't make it past the first boss that you pull sword out of. I also refuse to not play thief while trying to play like a front line tank that can't dodge.

I never use a shield but refuse to strip down enough to get the best roll because obviously bigger defence numbers equals better :downs:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I took all the levels the pilgrim would give me now I'm a hosed up zomb :waycool:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've decided that while I'm not good at Souls, I am good at finding a big enough hammer that it doesn't matter which hole I'm smashing this square peg into.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I loving hate dogs. No matter where you are there they are too, yapping at your heels, being unpredictable and loving you up when you're not paying attention.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ilustforponydeath posted:

I sure wish I could've attended the staff meeting where from decided that 75% of the enemies in game would emit the same EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE scream. Taking down the fire breathing fellow right on the wall made me turn down my speakers. The crows made me turn them off until i left the area.

They made that skreee for Orphan of Kos and by golly they're getting their moneys worth.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

How do you get the dude near the Crystal Sages to join your menagerie, is it just an Int check?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

One more reason why you solo everything

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's a large room with like two levels a bit before you hit the boss room, on the second level there's a sorcerer guy chilling in his crumbling lab who acted like he might come with me but wouldn't for some reason.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

10 Int huh I probably could have scraped that together if I hadn't lost all my souls because of loving DOGS

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

So can you actually kill the dragon on the High Wall? I tried shooting a couple of crossbow bolts at it but it totally ignored them.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

TheQat posted:

ranged weapons have limited range, are you sure you were close enough?

....Possibly not

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh yeah, in the Undead Settlement behind a house there's one of those cages filled with arms and legs things that you can talk to, can you do anything with that or is it just there to spout nonsense?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Shindragon posted:

Did you kill Treenuts guy? If so yeah can't do anything for a while.

If you didn't kill or go to him, you go a bit further down and there's a dude with a cage spawn and you are suppose to get transported to the moundmaker covenant

Yeah treebeards dead guess it's too late now, thanks

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mazerunner posted:

Different guy. The guy in a cage is a pyromancer trainer (or was it sorcery? I forget). He goes back to firelink. Look around the area between the bonfire and Andre.

To get to the mound makers, you need someone carrying a cage.

Oh lol I just killed that guy, was it like the bag men in BB?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Azazell0 posted:

Can someone give me a quick rundown on what exactly is weapon scaling? All the guides talk about infusions and how they effect scaling but I'm confused about the scaling itself.

If you look at a weapons stats you'll see that most have a ranking from S-E next to an icon that represents a damage stat (Str, Dex, Int, Faith).
How it works is that the better the ranking, with S being best, the more bonus damage you get from when you level up that stat. You can see how much bonus damage you're getting from scaling, it's the +* number after the base damage on the weapon stat screen.
So a weapon with a C ranking in strength will give less bonus damage than one with S and the more points you put into strength increases the bonus too.
Most weapons have fairly meh scaling until you get into the +6 reinforce the range anyway.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Boosted_C5 posted:

Well CRAP.

Fire Demon wasted me and Seigward.

R.I.P.

What level should I be at? I'm at level 23 with starting knight armor and a Katana as my gear.

Should I go down the elevator first? Or all the way to the top and come back later to fight this fire demon?

I did it at about that level maybe 25, you can let onion man do a lot of the work, he's good at distracting it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol He can actually die then? I'm glad I died before he did on my first go.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

First attempt at Deacon: took ages figuring out the gimmick then got insta killed by the final phase curse poo poo.

Second attempt at Deacon: smacked my club into their faces so hard they never even got to the the curse phase.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

codo27 posted:

Someone wants to help. I'm determined to do this one solo though

Those summon signs say 'FUCKEN'

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Zaphod42 posted:

Sadly I think you're boned with sorcery. He made you promise!

Where do you even find a sorcery scroll, I've reasonably thoroughly explored: starting area, Lothric High Wall, Undead Settlement, Road of Sacrifice and the Cathedral and I haven't found one yet.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Internet Kraken posted:

There are two sorcery scrolls to be found in Farron Keep. Its understandable that you missed them, because that place is loving massive and horrid to explore.

Haven't even started Farron Keep yet, I went left instead of right. Or straight on, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

One time when I warped back to Firelink (maybe after treeboss) there was another woman there standing near the Fire maiden who said something like she had nothing to say to the likes of me then she disappeared and I never saw her again, anyone know what's up with that?

Ditto the guy I found chilling outside the shrine once, to the left down the path where there's usually a skele-dog?