Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

I've got an exam tomorrow in Clinical Neuro. If I do well, I'm buying DS3 with the season pass to celebrate. If I bomb the exam, I'll buy DS3 with the season pass to forget about my sorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Plankalkuel posted:

Whelp :( I had crippling frame-rate issues (i5 2500, GTX 560 Ti 448 Core) irregardless of graphics options or resolution. Installing an ancient driver from 2013 downgraded those troubles to crippling intermittent stuttering. Guess it's time to wait for a patch :smith:

I've got the same CPU and GPU as you, and I'm kind of shocked at how poorly it runs. Although, that GPU is 5 years old now. Maybe it's time to upgrade; a 960 GTX is only like $200.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Bass Bottles posted:

I've played enough of these games where I should know this by now, but do people constantly put "Hidden path ahead" signs in front of random walls just to mess with me?? :mad:

"Illusionary wall ahead"

"Liar ahead"

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

I'm not sure what it is, but the game is performing much better for me than it was the other day. It's not at 60fps, but it's definitely playable; and holy poo poo does this game look amazing.

I've got an i5 2500k, 8GB, GTX 560Ti 448. Was about to pull the trigger on a 970, but maybe I'll wait a bit for a sale price drop.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Dumb question, but where do I go after beating the Deacons of the Deep?

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

When I grow up, I want to be an Abyss Watcher. :stare:

Dudes are bad as gently caress.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Holy poo poo! I just swarmed by like 50 skeletons in the bottom of the catacombs on the way up to the boss. They were literally pouring off of the bridge and the ledges trying to get to me. It was like Hardhome.

It was awesome until I died.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Captain Queernabs posted:

Yeah, j'agree. I'm not getting any of the sense of "whoa, so THIS is how tab A connects to slot A" joy that DS1 pumped me full of.

That said, i'm not very far. i'm 18 hours in and just made it to what I presume is the big tree. i guess i'm really slow.

Give it time. You'll see how they interconnect.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Even with everything on low, this is the best looking game I've ever played. Holy poo poo.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Filthy Hans posted:

Does upgrading the Storm Ruler do anything for the special damage against a certain boss?

I think so. I summoned some guy who was using it and he was doing 5700HP to the boss with the 2H R2

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Wiseblood posted:

Holy poo poo, why is the mimic in the catacombs so god drat tough? I had an easier time killing the fire demon in the same room.

That mimic ended up beating that boss for me. It was super helpful.

Also, like 90% of the chests I've found so far have been mimics. WTF

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

I was really upset that Anri was murdered and that Greirat never came back from his second run and was also murdered.

Did Patches kill them both?

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

Ironically this is the one game where Patches is a good guy, and will save Greirat who is his friend if you send him after him

The other way is if you save Sigmeyer Siegward, he'll go rescue Greirat :3:

If you send him alone, he doesn't make it. :smith:

Who killed them? Someone has to pay the iron price for that.

I have a feeling I know who. Someone please confirm.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

I'm trying to go back and collect items before I jump into NG+. I missed the Chloranthy Ring, but I can't figure out how to make the elevator in Undead Settlement go up instead of down. What do I do?

Edit: nevermind. Holy poo poo I'm dumb.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

So, what's up with the eclipse looking like a womb? Also, the ending I got for NG was depressing as gently caress, maybe kind of underwhelming.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Specto posted:

I kinda wish they put the BK greataxe on a corpse somewhere. 7 BK armors and leggings, 6 gauntlets and helms, 9 shields, and 280k souls and I have a single axe. At least it's really strong (505AR at +3, 40/30 STR/DEX)

I've been trying to get a BKUGS and have an armory of BK armor instead. At least I got a BK sword. It's way better than it was in DS2 though. The move set is great and I have a hard time justifying using something else.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

enojy posted:

Or just check out the chain on the right of the chest. If it's coiling towards you, it's a mimic.

Or if you just stand and look for a minute, you can see the lid move up and down as the mimic breathes.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

I'm currently running around as Artorias and it's awesome. People really don't expect the 2hr2 and it flattens them every time.

Last night I invaded some guy who popped a seed. I ended up clearing half of the enemies in the zone and because he kept summoning help, who would then die, my estus kept getting refilled. I killed like 6 people who came to help him, but ultimately died to a loving giant crab.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Where are the Mushroom guys?

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

voltcatfish posted:

You can find their corpses in one of the zones, tucked away

Not the baby mushrooms too. :qq:

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

I saw a giant mud crab today... dreadful creatures.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

General Morden posted:

where

so i can pay respects

Follow the left wall from the big door leading to the Abyss Watchers, past the white tree.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

So when my covenant icon flashes, do I need to do anything so I get summoned? It just flashes all the time but nothing ever happens.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

RabidWeasel posted:

The Black Knight Sword is so good that it causes me physical pain, are there any other GS which do nearly this much damage? The moveset is cool but the 2hr2 seems kind of crappy.

I switched from the BKS to the Wolf Knight Greatsword. Better reach and I really like the 2H and arts moveset.

Also, can someone explain why the hell my covenant sign is always blinking by nothing ever happens?

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

BillmasterCozb posted:

I know this is a lil' off topic, but isn't marriage a wonderful thing?

Divorce can be as well.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Lprsti99 posted:

Ugh, Farron's Keep is loving awful and I can't find anyone to summon. Apparently I need to kill three flames, but I've only found two and can't find the third to save my loving life :suicide:

Climb the tower that leads to the covenant leader and look out above the trees to see which direction the last flame is in.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

JFC this game. I forced myself to put my controller in my locker at school so I can't play for a few weeks. I've got basically an exam every day until next Monday and I spent the past week and a half playing DS3 for 70 hours. How I got this far in my education is beyond me!

Maybe FROM will release a patch to fix some of the network/covenant issues by the time I can play again. Maybe? Probably not.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

PSA: If you wear either the full fallen knight or abyss watchers set, you're the scum of fashion souls.

Wolf Knight amor and gauntlets + Outrider Knight Legs + Abyss Watchers Helm is where it's at.

Fallen Knight has a cool black helm with a hood but the pants smell like piss and poo poo.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Some people were talking about that new Team Ninja game and saying it was like Dark Souls-esque. It has some of the stiffest looking animations I've seen since the last time I saw a Team Ninja game... which was Ninja Gaiden on my Xbox 360. Looks like hot garbage.

Can whoever took out the garbage earlier add Niao (sp?) to it?

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Avalanche posted:

Well gently caress.

Looks like my entire character is ruined due to not being able to get 1 loving ring.

Re-roll time....

There's another ring that reduces equipment burden. Or just put a few levels into endurance. Or both.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Blaziken386 posted:

Well, I killed the Deacons, searched the Firekeep tower, and Patches still never showed up.
Am I hosed out of doing Siegward's quest?

I don't think so. During NG, I never saw Patches until he showed up in Firelink apologizing for something. I then bought the armor from him and gave it back to Sieg.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Tallgeese posted:

No, that's just how he is.

Do you work for FROM or Steam or something? Why are people asking if you killed that hacker guy?

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

argondamn posted:

Apparently transferring your saves to a different account unlocks the hidden and much coveted autosummon feature?

https://steamcommunity.com/app/374320/discussions/0/357286119111456394/

OMG what is up with FROM and these super obscure quests?!?!

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Golden Goat posted:

Have they fixed poise yet?

lol get a load of this guy

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Jaaam posted:

I dunno, I tried it in 1 and found dodging to be too fiddly. For starters you can only roll in 4 directions when locked on, and there seems to be a delay before the dodge happened. Either way, 2 is where it clicked, and I never have more fun in a souls game than when I've got a non-lovely spell in one hand and a non-lovely weapon in the other. Sucks that in 3 you need to invest so much more for that to happen. I really miss the infusion/enchantment system in 2, it was so good. Current version is poo poo. Bloodbourne's system would have been better, gently caress split damage.

Maybe I'm just burnt out on souls games? It feels like 3 doesn't bring anything new to the table, most of the fun weapons and spells are the same fun weapons and spells from the past games, except now combinations of the two require massive stat investment or some major gimping somewhere in your build. I'm sure the dlc will help a lot, but I doubt they're going to fix the poo poo that I'm complaining about, would require too much rebalancing.

Also, what's up with lightning? At some point during 2's life, it seems like they decided lightning is actually meant to be poo poo so they made all its spells take longer to cast, do less damage AND cost more stamina. Why From? Why do you hate fun?

Seriously, I'd really like to know the logic behind their balancing decisions, cause why waste time adding this poo poo into the game if it's not worth using? Is it a meta commentary on disparity? Is this whole thing a part of the light/dark life/death good/poo poo theme they've got going?

edit: what set this off is the Murakumo. In 2, with base stats, and infused Murakumo did great damage. I just chaos infused one at 30/30 int/faith and an enchanted raw rear end outdamages it. So there goes that idea. This happens most times I try something new in the game. 2 felt like a branching tree full of build possibilities, while 3 is a dead stump. Makes me sad.

Yea, I'm on NG+++ and I really want to use another weapon other than the Wolf Knight Greatsword that I've been using since I beat the Abyss Watchers in NG, but nothing else really clicks for me. I like ultra greatsword, but the wind up delay for their attacks get punished too much and I usually only get four swings before my stamina is gone.

In DS2, I had a literal armory of weapons that I'd swap between that were all viable. I don't really feel like I have that in DS3 yet. Maybe with the DLC...

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

double nine posted:

ehhh; warmth is a bit of a wet fart in DS3, just doesn't do enough healing to actually aid in any meaningful way.

I've found that to be true with pretty much all pyromancies (and miracles and sorceries too). In SoTFS, I always had Warmth and it was great for getting everyone to 100% before boss fights or when there was a safe spot and I didn't want to consume my Estus. In this game, it heals like 1% every 6 seconds or something and is completely loving useless.

Granted, I play melee and only have 20ish Int/Faith, but even Chaos Bed Vestiges does only like 400-500 dmg, which is around what a single R1 does.

Are there any staves, chimes, or talismans that will let me cast more than one type of spell? In DS2, there was the Black Witch's Staff; is there anything similar in DS3?

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

So, not only does the bug that removes the hitbox for the Sword Master work on all phantoms, but it works on multiple phantoms at once.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

So if I respec at Rosaria, can I de-level? I know in DS2, respeccing just refunded all your souls and you could reallocate however and keep the left over souls if you wanted.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

I decided to make a new character with a dex build and only using weapons with bleed. And holy poo poo does bleed trivialize a lot of encounters.

If you see a female named "Ash to Mouth" running around, that's me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

super fart shooter posted:

Are you talking about boss fights or what? Cause it's hard to believe you hit most normal enemies enough times or in rapid enough succession for bleed to work. At least that's how I remember it in previous games

I switched from the uchigatana to the Onikiri and Ubidachi. The smaller fodder enemies die in a couple hits, but the larger mobs like the Lothric Knights and Angel Knights get wrecked pretty quickly once bleed goes off. An L1 with O&U hits twice, and usually two L1s followed by an R1 will proc bleed. Especially with Carthus Rouge.

They're also awesome for pvp. Once I ditched a shield and went to dual wield, I went from losing most pvp encounters to winning 1v2s.