Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

homeless poster posted:

i'm loving jazzed that this game unlocks at 3p PST in the US. this is going to be the only redeeming thing about getting a tonsillectomy over the weekend.

I have an outpatient surgery in the morning. I can't wait to get home, get loaded up on pain meds and play some Dark Souls 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

We did it, lads. We waited and Miyazaki-sama answered.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

Zaphod42 posted:

Co-oping the first zone with the white soapstone, having a blast helping show people around since I already know the zone.

Been invaded twice, owned both invaders. Estoc is beast!

Everything runs flawlessly 1440 max settings on my 970, butter smooth. Old cards just need to turn down settings! If your card is 4 years old you should know it.

The game is pretty unoptimized regardless of cards right now. No matter what resolution or graphic setting, I keep getting stuttering and FPS dips and it kinda sucks.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

I haven't been able to play for a week because of the stuttering and I was hoping this patch would fix that. It didn't. Miyazaki-sama, save us pathetic PC players. :negative:

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

Lakitouille posted:

Low lighting never worked for me. :(

I know how you feel, man. :smith: I really want to play this game but Bandai-Namco have been tight-lipped about any sort of fix for a week now.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

I'm hoping the patch in a couple of hours stops all the stuttering. I'm looking forward to being able to play the game properly.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

Harrow posted:

Bring back the Scraping Spear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

I've been to Trenton and this is 100% true. Living in Newark or Jersey City and seeing NYC across the water is perfectly akin to looking up and seeing Anor Londo or Lothric.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

A reenactment of me at the Smoldering Lake

Am I supposed to lead the giant worm into the path of the arbalest?

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

Szcwczuk posted:

Irithyll Dungeon, worst part of the game by far.

I'm here currently and boy howdy is it a craphole. The ear-piercing scream from looting the barely alive dudes loving suuuuuucks when wearing earphones. I don't startle that easily and I almost dropped my controller from that poo poo.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

Babe Magnet posted:

So you've decided to be a cool and handsome punch-man.

:words:

Maaaan, this has taken the winds out of my sails for a second run as a punch-man. I did a Glass Joe run in Dark Souls 2 (dual Caestus, Poise Ring, no armor except his trunks) and it was easily the most fun I ever had in a Dark Souls game.

I can't believe they went back to fist weapons being complete and utter garbage again. Like Kanos said, it's like they ignored almost all of the quality of life stuff Dark Souls 2/SotFS did. :smith:

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

I love that his name in Japanese is straight up "God-Eater Eldritch." Cuts straight to the point.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

Monomythian posted:

What the gently caress did they do? I'm getting janky 2 second long freezes all the time. Even doing something as simple as buffing my weapon.

Yeah, the game's back to being nigh unplayable for me again. That's cool, FROM. It's not like I wanted to finish this game or anything. :negative:

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

Manatee Cannon posted:

I think that what from is truly incapable of is making hair styles that aren't atrocious

I don't get what the gently caress happened between Dark Souls 2 and 3, because 2 had a character creator where you could at least make human-looking people easily. 3's is a trainwreck filled with potato-faced people.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

So, Yhorm the Giant is a lovely fight but goddamn that music is so good. :allears:

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

Fereydun posted:

also holy poo poo detective conan has a villain whose ability is just 'is painted black' ahahaha

Nah, that's "The Suspect," who acts as a generic stand-in whenever Conan is trying to figure out how a crime works.

Source: I have a friend that really liked Detective Conan when he was younger

that friend is me, please send help

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

Internet Kraken posted:

Hahaha you think From is going to touch straight swords? :shepface:

They won't touch straight swords or katanas. I don't think that's ever happened, but I could be wrong.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

VulgarandStupid posted:

I thought it was just what Japanese pictures all black people as, generic violent criminals.

I'd rather be portrayed as a literal black person than some of their other portrayals so that's a plus

Kild posted:

they just nerfed washing pole and buffed darkdrift.

Oh, that's surprising because..

Digirat posted:

Well there was that one time when dark souls 2 katanas were generally overpowered in PvP and they responded by buffing them

..of this. Whenever I think of katanas in Dark Souls, I think of the myriad of Iron Keep fight clubs plagued by loving katana and Forbidden Sun users.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

BobTheJanitor posted:

Lobos is attempting a full run in VR today: https://www.twitch.tv/lobosjr

Not sure how long I can stand watching it for, considering the massive FoV. Of course he might just get motion sick and have to tap out soon anyway.

Jesus, this is really hard to watch even though it's neat. I don't know how it's considered playable in the least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

Decrepus posted:

Ah boy, I'm just so tired of all these dark souls.

I didn't know you had the titular line in this game, Decrepus