Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Cavauro posted:

I like to play Dark Souls 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Seems like a bunch of people are playing DSIII again now that it's cheap and that announcement finally happened. Been helping a bunch of people beat Vordt and have waited like a minute each time.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Esme posted:

The announcement got me to pick this back up after starting it and then dropping it for Sekiro last year. I put my sign down next to Vordt after beating him and immediately got summoned in to fight the other area boss that I didn't even know about. I hope that my panic rolling was a useful distraction for the 30 seconds I stayed alive.

It's kinda annoying that people are pulling summons from right in front of vordt's door for the other fight.

Like, if I wanted to help you with that fight I'd put the sign in front of the other door. I don't want to watch you get your rear end kicked.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

SHISHKABOB posted:

I liked dark souls 2.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Robo Reagan posted:

How's Sorcery of Fath builds in vanilla 3? I tried vanilla on my ps4 out of curiosity amd my bows sure hit like poo poo out of the box

i did a fun faith build with wolnir's sword on xbone.

gonna do a moonlight sorcery run next after i finish this one with the fume sword

edit, what weapon do y'all recommend for a sorcery build until MLGS? i probably wont do dancer early.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jun 30, 2020

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
ran into a watchdog of farron yesterday, first time being invaded by one of them in ages.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
i shall partake

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
watching distortion play through the cinders mod and uh the gravetender fight sure is something.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

multijoe posted:

I've not got there yet but I saw that lol

Such a shameless fanservice fight, not sure if I hate it or love it

it looked badass, but goddamn that was alot of hp.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjZ9QbAci2Q&hd=1

speaking of distortion, he played mortal shell for a bit.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Heithinn Grasida posted:

Magic is grossly overpowered in Cinders

Yeah it owns

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
This is also the DS2 thread, right? Been playing it again a bunch lately after burning through DS3 again and man it's really fun and really long.

First time playing through the DLC as well. That first reveal in iron king is extremely good and the run across the chain rules.

Also I barely played it before Scholar, so didn't have a chance to be disappointed by the changes made or w/e.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

YF-23 posted:

There is a separate Dark Souls 2 thread.

tyvm

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

codo27 posted:

Elden ring better not have any fuckin poison swamps

lol

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

punk rebel ecks posted:

Game looks like open world Dark Souls with fluid Sekiro combat.

Sounds badass to me

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
been playing again since the elden ring trailer came out and its been super active on ps4. near constant aldrich invasions and coop summons at most bosses.

finally got through all of ariandel and am working on finishing ringed city for the first time. that twin demon fight is something else and the rest doesnt sound much easier.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

deoju posted:

Is there any chance somebody could carry a weapon from one of my my builds to another? Is that even a thing. I hosed up transforming the demon prince's soul and want to try the demon's scar for my pyromancer. I'm playing PS4 and in Wisconsin if that matters for server regions. I can give you anything I've got as payment.

sure i can help out. region shouldnt matter as long as youre using passwords.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Mound makers is such a brilliant covenant idea lol. Just mad phantoms who show up, will they attack you? Will they help you? Who knows!

yeah i had alot of fun with them

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

StashAugustine posted:

I just tried some PVP and it's pretty fun since I seemed to have a good connection; kinda wish estus took like half a second longer to chug

Am up to stating Cathedral and haven't gone towards Farron yet, is it worth dipping into the DLC?

dlc is pretty high level, but you can run around and pick up some decent items if you are fine with dying from packs of dogs and slow fireballs

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Zesty posted:

My experience with invading in the post-pontiff bonfire at SL50.

-Literally half the time it times out.

Of the successful connections:
-1/3 is someone being babysat through the PVE content.
-1/3 is a scared solo guy
-1/3 is a big group fight of people here for the big group fights.

Very very very rarely, it's a dueling PVP set up with people joining and spectating. Those aren't fun to me.

sure, but i was getting summoned so consistently with aldrich's club that it wasn't an issue.

the fight clubs are annoying though when you're trying to farm the items or if you just don't like pvp cause everyone else seems to be able to teleport behind you and backstab before you can get a hit off.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Zesty posted:

Running through to the cathedral for the chillbite ring might also be worth your time.

also, and i didnt know this until recently, pulling out the torch negates frost buildup

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Zesty posted:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FlawlessPlumpFlamingo-mobile.mp4

Which emote is compulsively fist pumping the air? That.

lol

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
watching speedrunners parry pontiff over and over is infuriating, that motherfucker killed me so many times

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Got invaded while heading to talk to Anri near Wolnir and the fucker threw knives at me until I fell off the rope bridge ladder. Not nice!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Fun times invading around Yorshka's chapel this week, almost no wait time.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

sponges posted:

Probably a dumb question but when is a good time to upgrade your weapon? I’m playing as a knight and I still have my starting sword because I haven’t found an upgrade since I’ve been buffing it.

I’m sure I’m missing something obvious but this is my first Souls game

In addition to the other suggestions, grab the first game if you see it cheap. It's worth playing first if you can.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Flint_Paper posted:

Done. Now what?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
These games need a "I only want to duel" toggle for invasions. Getting tired of these people that expect me to come fight them alone on a bridge when I'm trying to use the enemies to gently caress them over when invading.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Amppelix posted:

if you want people to engage you pack some ranged attacks on your invader to harass them with, nobody's going to walk into the obvious enemy gangbang you're setting up for no reason

another thing that works often is dueling and then running away when on low health to get them to pursue in hopes of finishing you off

this is usually what happens yeah

like, ill fight you by yourself but im not going come fight you and two summons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

lite_sleepr posted:

Guys what's the flat out best strength weapon that isn't a UGS?

GAMES JOURNALISM

There's an IGN guide for a Bloodborne playthrough that has you keep and use the plank shield exclusively because it's so super useful.

i used it to beat bloody crow the first time cause i kept getting my rear end kicked