Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

time to get gud all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

time to get gud all

My gf watching me play SotFS all Saturday evening made her go out and grab a copy of Zelda Ocarana of Time, Majora's Mask and Wind Waker on Virtual Console for the Wii U. I asked her if she wanted to try DS, she said "No thanks, it looks way too stressful"

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I think my build for SotFS was completely borked and not in line with how I play. A lot of my frustration was probably die trying to fight like an agile dude who was actually a fat body.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

holocaust bloopers posted:

I think my build for SotFS was completely borked and not in line with how I play. A lot of my frustration was probably die trying to fight like an agile dude who was actually a fat body.

Agile really doesn't work that well until you get the Fire Sword and upgrade it because your counters are so weak and your endurance so low and slow that you have to be super patient to kill anything. I started out Agile and slowly worked it toward a pure str/dex build with a medium shield because parrying alone isn't that reliable when something surprises you and you're trying to keep from fleeing. I just keep reinforcing my Falconer's Armor and have the Shadow Gauntlets and boots to keep it light enough to dodge and not feel like I'm swimming in Vaseline. I keep the Fire Sword for slow enemies I have to block/dodge a bunch, and the grand lance for poo poo with lower HP pools and easier to Parry poo poo so I can just unload on them with counter attacks and one or two shot them

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

For the love of Christ why the gently caress is this coming out two days before a midterm and two weeks before finals.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
just loving lol if you're still in school

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

GMG sent out keys overnight so preload away

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

tonight...you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hki5XIpw7E

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

GMG sent out keys overnight so preload away

7 hours until the best dating sim on steam unlocks :pcgaming:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

me irl right now

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
its not gonna be available for purchase until the 12th for PS4 though right? This staggered release thing is pretty obnoxious

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Well it's available digitally. Amazon is being weird. I had a copy that was supposed to arrive on Thursday. Canceled it for the digital release instead.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Kawasaki Nun posted:

its not gonna be available for purchase until the 12th for PS4 though right? This staggered release thing is pretty obnoxious

i preordered on my ps4 this morning and its downloaded now. unlocks 12 am est

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I will be the happiest little boy if I can get my Zweihander on early in the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFGqstnqwzM

<3 my Zweihander

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Still trying to figure out whether to go PS4 for bigger community and less hackers or go PC for 1440 or 4k running at 60Hz

just loving lol if you're still in school

Not for long once I fail out from this!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I am excite to die.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
my body is ready

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It up. Just started unlocking over remote desktop, should be ready when I get home from work.

E: ahahaha the servers are loving dying my unlock progress bar says over a year to completion

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
its been decrypting for 15 minutes now i want my loving money back you jappo bastards :argh:

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I will be the happiest little boy if I can get my Zweihander on early in the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFGqstnqwzM

<3 my Zweihander

My favorite weapon from the first Dark Souls, hoping it's somewhere in the second one and just as good.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mustang posted:

My favorite weapon from the first Dark Souls, hoping it's somewhere in the second one and just as good.

I've found two through pickups in DSII.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mustang posted:

It is, but it's fairly late in

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
steam overlay isnt working for me, which means im unable to take sick af screenshots of the character creation

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

How are people getting in? VPN to Korea or something?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
no, they did a simultaneous worldwide release

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

no, they did a simultaneous worldwide release

for pc

ps4 is midnight est

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

for pc

ps4 is midnight est

pc master race etc

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

^^^eat a dick tia

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

oh gently caress me, glad I finally picked PC and started to preload an hour ago

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
first boss aint a fuckin joke when you start out depraved. fromsoft throwin the heat right out of the gate

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

hey there sailor

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

This game is beautiful

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Are we posting our characters.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

First death, got rocked by the tutorial boss

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Are we posting our characters.

Yes please do

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Anyone having trouble getting controllers to work? I'm using a DS4 and I've tried every combination of wired/bluetooth with DXwrapper/PS4 mode and it's not recognizing it.

• Locked thread