Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
The Silicoids want to Nommo on some dudes. Even if they don't actually have any mouths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Looks a lot more like a new sword of the stars to me, except not poo poo and full of stupid, badly implemented ideas.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Space-bugs and space-crows are my favorite. Slowly creep out and annihilate everything with a single uber-fleet of space bugs or drone-spam everything to death. Plus, both ships look great. The hiver hyperspace gates look like giant insects and they love rotating parts and the crows just have an incredibly unique look by being very vertically oriented.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

The Systems of Justice Justgniess and Dinosaurs DinoBores were liberated by our valiant Silicoid Space Marines

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Man, from what I hear these new systems we are about to liberate are great for the Kingdom. The Silics love Rock'in'da'Freeworld. But of course the more lazy homebodies in some of our older systems are just Sedimentary

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Help the Psilons. Fight them over there so we don't have to fight them over here!

No expedition for now. We'll be in a two front war shortly no matter what Q1 ends up being, so better to have live ships here than dead ships there

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Habitually Red Starships have the redundancy a long-term mission will need to survive

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

You'd think our military would just start using robots or something to do the ground fighting with. We require 5-to-1 odds to actually do anything :(

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Rock puns: Not just for stoners!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Is there a "no more spying, ever" tech to get v though? Because we're still losing bigly in that regard :smithicide:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Rock bug dinosaur cyborg flying octopus scissors

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

War is hell. War by attrition is even worse.

But at least crystals are way, way better at resisting erosion than anything else out there

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Libluini posted:

Something I forgot to mention in the update: Dreadnoughts have always been my personal marker to remember the Guardians in the game. So this means that yes, the next generation of our fleet will be the one to finally assault the Antaran Guardians we know about.

Only a couple more updates now

There's no way this ends badly

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

That's pretty bad design. Generally, by the time you get to the steamroll point your players just want to, well, steamroll stuff so they can start a new game or get to the enemy empire that actually poses a threat

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Well, I think we all realize that this thread would move on a geologic time scale. But so long as it keeps rolling, it won't gather any moss

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Ions are typically useful against robots and we happen to be in a permapseudowar against robots. So ions for both types

No missiles because they aren't cool enough

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

The universe is about to find out that ramming your face into solid crystal is a bad idea :)

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

You sure that it's clones of Didi that are being assassinated? At this point I'm thinking it's more likely some horrible reality show where he gets himself killed in thousands of different ways via clones for entertainment, and our citizens are mostly just protesting the fact that there is nothing on space tv anymore except reality shows because of Didi's early success

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Is that expedition ever going to get its final discovery? Those are some lazy bastards

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Damnit Imsaies, stop being stupid. We all know this is caused by spies. It's obvious :argh:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

The whole reason that we are in this mess is that big, glowing, slow moving, purple crystals are not very good at being stealthy. Ergo, any successful spy activity can't, by definition, have been us. Use some basic logic here, you bloody space squids

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

AJ_Impy posted:

We also have dinosaurs and bugs, both of which we know to be capable spies.

Well, they both lost so obviously not that capable :colbert:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I'm thinking XEOL should actually be our best bros. They understand that wars need to be declared to keep the people and Senate happy, but are counter productive and so only half rear end it against small foes like Annalona.

They seem like good guys to me

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Are the cynoids broken? Surely they've got to do something with that fleet

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Nommo are actually evil parasitic space worms that take over their hosts and transform them to suit their environment. So the fish parts are from Trilar but the brain parasites are aliens from another planet that invaded and then left Trilar

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Go Dunkel on some Meklar

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

That's a lot of useless ships the robots have just sitting around.

So would you have already won if other victory settings were on?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Time to hellwar the Nommo into the same position as the Rass. How dare they bomb planet whatever that one time!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Who cares about the large numbers of civilians that will die whenever those new rifles are fired? It's slightly more effective than what we had before. :science101:

Remember, we are the Good Guys!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Those drat alien saboteurs!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Nothing like misery to make a Bad Game go down easier!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

We are actually losing ships?

Down with the Monarchy! This cannot stand! Burn the Improved Construction standards!

*Takes off rock costume, counts cyborg cash*

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I guess this game sold so poorly and was so under the radar that even Harmony Gold didn't sue over the Not!Marauder :unsmith:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Spies! Spies spies spies!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Watch it turn be out that all of Xeols ships are on that planet as soon as the rocks get a win the whole empire crumbles like it did with the lizards

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

RIP ugly crystals, you were too gross for this universe

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Orion in the streets, Master in the spreadsheets

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I'm so sorry Libliuni. Take all the time you need to recover. Losing a pet is bad enough without having to do the lovely work of burial, insurance etc.

Stay safe and happy :(

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

The lizard forever war is over. Long live the machine forever war!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

We would never use that though. Who do you think we are, space dolphins?