Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should be president
Ron Paul
Goku
View Results

• Locked thread
No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster
The Emancipation Proclamation only freed the slaves in the south, the one area where the government didn't have control. I don't see how anyone can look at that and think that isn't a cynical political document and a causus belli for both sides. How is it upheld at all as a principled document about human rights. Its one goal was to incite the conditions for war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

Tricky D posted:

I want to the FB page this was C/P from.

I wrote it myself. I just hijack threads to post my own unasked for thoughts.

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

Tricky D posted:

I see that we are now ITT posting to irony2.

You thought I was being ironic?

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

Stinky_Pete posted:

Noting that Clinton can't win the general election is a gimmick now?

quote:

I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and lovely posts it takes

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster
Haha the liberals are getting so owned in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Yes, because it's not as if these rights were fought for or anything like that. Just, one day, the patriarchy just realized the demands of the feminists were reasonable and just gave them the rights.

Thanks, patriarchy!

There is no "patriarchy"..men keep other men down too.

• Locked thread