Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
yeah your rear end is fuming, poo poo rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

chaosbreather posted:

Holy poo poo this garbage again

Hey idiots it's called hyperbole, it's literally been a thing for billions of years. Tiny stupid ant babies can identify hyperbole. The only reason why those poor bastards at Oxford added it as a line item is because picking up something so fundamental to speech from context is somehow beyond millions of brainless zombies

You should complain about metaphor next so that they're forced to add footnotes that 'winter of discontent' doesn't actually mean the actual season

Anyone who complains about this is literally illiterate

but for real i agree with this 100%

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

numberoneposter posted:

triscuits are chips

slavery is freedom

war is peace

Hotdog is a sandwich.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
The bad news is that reality itself is being torn apart, the good news is that it's only happening literally.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

but for real i agree with this 100%

What if the indignation is ironically juxtapositioned to appropriate good dialectics?

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

SirEvelynTremble posted:

What if the indignation is ironically juxtapositioned to appropriate good dialectics?

You want the adverb form of "appropriate", that is the verb form.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I do not recognize Vatican II.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

SirEvelynTremble posted:

what? imma be honest i have a very limited vocabulary so i only understand regular gbs posts

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

numberoneposter posted:

triscuits are chips

slavery is freedom

war is peace

this but literally

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

numberoneposter posted:

triscuits are chips

slavery is freedom

war is peace

notZaar posted:

Hotdog is a sandwich.

ketchup is a vegetable

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
OP is literally a butt fuckin retard

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

chaosbreather posted:

Holy poo poo this garbage again

Hey idiots it's called hyperbole, it's literally been a thing for billions of years. Tiny stupid ant babies can identify hyperbole. The only reason why those poor bastards at Oxford added it as a line item is because picking up something so fundamental to speech from context is somehow beyond millions of brainless zombies

You should complain about metaphor next so that they're forced to add footnotes that 'winter of discontent' doesn't actually mean the actual season

Anyone who complains about this is functionally illiterate

frnakly, i doubt even grown-rear end adult ants have any conception of grammar, much less higher coincepts like hyperbole

also, it's "winter of our discount tent." it mean s regret and suffering over choices long since made. like, what kind of idiota goes camping in the winter without a cabin??? getcherself a nice log cabin in the mountains, is what im saying, and finally get around to writngn your manifesto

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Nathilus posted:

I've always felt "fuckboi" has a certain je ne ses quoi to it that "fuckboy" lacks. But words are tools and you are their master. Use whichever fits best in hand or rolls best off the tongue.

it's fuccboi because a true Crip never puts a c and a k next to each other.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
I'm detecting dangerous level of care. In fact we're pushing on the threshold of maximum overcare.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Dictionaries are descriptive not prescriptive op I'm a HUGE prick.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

OctoberBlues posted:

Am I supposed to spell it fuckboy or fuckboi?

fuccboi is the correct spelling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

OctoberBlues posted:

Am I supposed to spell it fuckboy or fuckboi?

fuccboi

edit: beaten like a fuccboi at a transethnic nonbinary reading circle

• Locked thread